Get On Your Boots Single Tracklisting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless HMV do a 5 quid bundle there is no way I'm bothering. I'll just download them. Why not a DVD single like with the 'HTDAAB' singles? They were cool-ish.

Why not a DVD single like with the 'HTDAAB' singles? They were cool-ish.

Probably because they only sold about twelve copies each.

I kinda like the idea of the DVD single but it bothered me that they usually didn't contain the music video for the single due to it not being ready in time... i mean what's the point then?

Just the possibility of getting a new album/EP in the next 12-18 months makes the withholding of B-sides completely worth it.

But how does withholding b-sides guarantee an EP? A b-side is a b-side, right? ....if they were album worthy then they would be on this album or the next. I personally don't want to hear a second album/EP later in the year full of b-sides.

I think we'll eventually get some b-sides just like every other album, and still get another album/EP later in the year.

Yes absolutely, duplicating songs on the 2 CD single formats is dipshit crazeee and other bands have done it too, with a video filling out CD2 as well... one of the dumbest formats in the UK is the 'vingle' where one gets the album mix of the song and a video as a 2 track release... hardly a selling point as it's usually a pixelated YT quality video...

The R.E.M single bombed because they didn't release all the formats on 1 day and make it worth the hardcore fans $, plus it got staggered over 2 months 1 track digital, then 2 track CD, then 3 track CD, tyhen 3 track digital... and sank... and I think they then just gave up on singles as promo tools and gave them to the fans instead via digital and vinyl routes...

...funny, but on the subject, remember The Best of U2 Pt II, think of how many actual song b sides were missing, an entire album full almost:

Alex/Korova1
Satellite Of Love
LWTSH {UV1]
Salome
WDIAGW?
Fortunate Son
Paint It Black
CHFIL
Slow Dancing
One Shot...
Holy Joe [either mix]
IF You Were My Baby
Always
Big Girls Are Best
Don't Bring Your Guns To Town

ok... granted a few were weird experimental tracks and many covers but still...

wah b sides just aren't what they used to be!

That drumming is quality. I guess Larry will have to play it like that, theres a lot going on. And that remix is crap, I'm sure there'll be some decent ones surfacing before long.

those drums rock!!!! Kick ass job by that kid!

The drums need to be louder/clearer in the mix...still a kickass song and will no doubt rock live:hyper:

There is a guy who covers the drums and it looks fucking mental

YouTube - U2 - Get On Your Boots Drum Cover

Think Larry will play it like that, live?:drool:

HOLY SHIT! Great video!

That kid is great. Is that really the drum part in the song? I guess my ear doesn't hear all of the little drum nuances that this video brings out. This is a perfect example of why the live version of a song makes or breaks it for me. I just got so much more excited about GOYB after watching this video. There's so much power in them that I wish they mixed it to bring the drums even more to the forefront. WOW! that's awesome.

BTW, Lanois said there were some electric drum parts mixed into the song over Larry's parts. I wonder if this kid is incorporating what he's hearing into his cover or if he's just doing the regular drum part. I'm going to go back and listen to the drums of the real song to try and figure it out.

Thanks for posting this vid. Very cool! :up:

I'm pretty sure this kid does Bloc Party drum covers as well. I added him to my youtube subscription. He is dead on.....Every little intricate detail is there.

:hmm:
Hearing peoples different mixes of Boots makes me realise the song itself isn`t bad at all, U2 have just put out a really bad mix of it as a single :doh:

Will it be a case of yet again they have spent too long messing around and remixing the songs and they should just go with the first version of the songs?

He seems to be playing the electronic-drum rolls as well... I doubt Larry will.

Well, it doesn't look that hard...maybe Larry might do them. I'm by no means an accomplished drummer, but I can figure out how to incorporate those fills into the main drum part....I just have trouble with the fast bass drum. I can't quite coordinate my hands and feet that well yet.

Thats why I tend to leave it to the professionals. :wink:

That kid's new drum riff during the verses on his cover is so much better then what's going on in the original! If Mullen does what this kid did to copy the electronic drums then the live version is going to be better, no question.

:scream: People have been raving about this drum kid for a couple of days now and I'm so frustrated that I can't see it! Is there a way to get around the restriction or could someone send me a audio or videoclip of this performance, please?

Back
Top Bottom