Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friend who lives in Chicago told me he e-mailed the alternative station there 101 something because he heard the song at first..but then didn't hear it...he got back an e-mail from the program director saying they got a "large amount of negative feeback last week when we did play it" and since they value everybody's input they decided to pull the song for the time being

My question is ...they did really get "a large amount of negative feedback when it was played"???...I'm calling bullshit on that one:hmm:

Why is that so hard to believe?

I am enjoying some of the feedback from people in the US regarding the track....lucky U2made the smart choice to start across the ocean where it is being pretty well recieved....its doing good here in Canada as well.

*smells the air

awwww.....it's like when "The Fly" came out........awwww......:up:

I see what your saying but how does GOYB compare to the Fly? What I mean is that Fly has been on top ten lists of U2 songs for quite awhile (albeit not right away)but what about GOYB, do you actually think it is going to be radio lists after this month?

I'm in Toronto and I barely hear it on the radio. Can anyone else here that may be from Toronto confirm that? All I keep hearing is fuckin' nickleback! One day i'm going to launch my car off the DVP because of them.

I see what your saying but how does GOYB compare to the Fly? What I mean is that Fly has been on top ten lists of U2 songs for quite awhile (albeit not right away)but what about GOYB, do you actually think it is going to be radio lists after this month?

Who's top ten lists?

It's on certain fan's top 10, but I guanantee you there are a lot fans who may listen to when they play the whole album but that's probably the only time...

Its been on the top 10 at 10 here for the last week peaking at #5 for requests....it seems to be picking up steam though.

*smells the air

awwww.....it's like when "The Fly" came out........awwww......:up:

exactly what I've been thinking.

I love it.

I hope no one likes this song so that when the album comes out there will be no lines at the store and me and my inner sheep can just waltz in and get the record with no trouble. :wink:

i think you misunderstood my point.

For the San Diegans here just a reminder that station 94.9 is made of win. :drool:

Not only do they play Get on Your Boots regularly, but today on my way to work they played Until the End of the World, and on my way home they played MLK and blended it into Streets. :ohmy:

Today this radio station 99.3, after they played GOYB the DJ was like "what is wrong with music these days... this song is so horrible blah blah blah" well if you think its so horrible why did you even play it?? LOL

^ Jeez.. !

My radio station has been playing it every day when I'm on my lunch break. Today the DJ made some joke about how "Bono is this father figure, the save the world guy, etc. and he's singing about sexy boots. What's going on Bono?" Obviously he doesnt get the song, but at least he plays it.

Radio station is complete shit in Miami...they won't play anything unless Timbaland is somehow involved

y-100.com

help a poor Miami fan out :-(

^ Jeez.. !

My radio station has been playing it every day when I'm on my lunch break. Today the DJ made some joke about how "Bono is this father figure, the save the world guy, etc. and he's singing about sexy boots. What's going on Bono?" Obviously he doesnt get the song, but at least he plays it.

LOL i hear ya! Yah the guy then went on to saying whats up with U2, this song sounds like a commercial to boots LOL he didn't make any sense at all. Ah well it doesn't matter because I like it and if he doesn't then no big deal just found it funny they would play a song they seem to hate so much lol.

Is the radio play picking up in the US?

I've been listening for it, and I have yet to actually hear it. Whenever I'm in my car I occasionally do a station scan, and I never have heard it. Of course I do live in Ohio, where most of our radio stations are country, classic rock or mix stations of the 60s - 80s that mainly play Journey and Genesis.

89.7 The River here in Omaha added it to their playlist starting this week. Just heard it on my way home, after the dj said "That was the one and only U2, with some new rock, Get On Your Boots off their new album No Line On The Horizon out March 3".

I'm in Toronto and I barely hear it on the radio. Can anyone else here that may be from Toronto confirm that? All I keep hearing is fuckin' nickleback! One day i'm going to launch my car off the DVP because of them.

I check the edge and virgin radio playlists on the web every once in a while and its getting a decent amount of plays. I think it hit #3 in Canada already on the radio.

But to be fair, I don't think its getting as much play as Vertigo did.

This is like a thread you would read on a Duran Duran message board. "Please play our favorite band's new song!" Pathetic, really...that it is now happening at a U2 message board.

Its been like this on previous album releases too.

I've heard it more on the radio here in San Diego since the Grammys. It also sounds better this week too. I'm guessing radio stations recently received the CD single whereas before they were playing an mp3.

That could possibly be the case either that or you are getting used to the song :)

Keep it up we need some good music on radio for our dental appointments!

Back
Top Bottom