Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much Tom Waits songs do you hear on the radio. The really good music is ussally not played on popular radio. Popular doesn't equal good so I wouldn't be worried if U2 isn't being played more on the radio. I mean, Kelly Clarkson the most popular song on radio. I don't think I need to say more.

The dying corp. giant that is the record industry will play it to death themselves. U2 is one of the last cash cows, and the same people that own the record companies, radio stations, and venues will make sure we all here it until nauseum. The people talking between songs do not decide what to play.

The dying corp. giant that is the record industry will play it to death themselves. U2 is one of the last cash cows, and the same people that own the record companies, radio stations, and venues will make sure we all here it until nauseum. The people talking between songs do not decide what to play.

Would be great if you knew what you were talking about...but you don't.....in the heartland and in the south of the U.S. a lot of rock radio stations are decidedly anti-U2...if U2 doesn't find it's way onto pop radio...a lot of active and mainstream rock staions won't play them...more and more the rock stations in the U.S. lean toward harder edged rock acts like Avenged Sevenfold etc....U2 finds some success at Modern Rock radio(of which there are fewer and fewer stations,compared to mainstream and active rock)

U2's Vertigo enjoyed a bit more of a breakthrough at rock radio than Beautiful Day for obvious reasons...but that was the only song from HTDAAB that did anything at rock radio ABOY came and went with a whimper.

ATYCLB was a pop album more than anything else with the remix of Elevation providing a little airplay on rock stations..POP well...I won't go further. Zooropa alienated rock radio...it did alright with "alternative" radio at the time....you have to go back to Actung Baby or even The Joshua Tree to see U2 controlling rock radio charts......Vertigo hit #1 on the rock charts and Billboard said that was U2's first #1 at rock radio since "Desire"

Requested it on KROQ! That Perez Hilton article is stupid. First off ... Get on your boots is still listed twice in the top 100 on itunes. If you combined those two it would be higher than 37. Although, the second listing has fallen into the 80's so maybe it has been removed and people can no longer download it. It was in the 50's or even higher yesterday.

Second of all.. the new Kelly Clarkson song got automatic airplay on the top 40 stations. XM Sirius's "20 on 20" plays it every five minutes. At their advancing age, U2 have to fight their way onto those types of stations. For instance, on the 20 on 20 website you can already vote for the Clarkson song. Boots isn't listed.

Yeah Clarkson got a songwriting team to get her pop hits after her attempt at writing on her last album failed:lol: Perez hilton is an idiot ...of course an Idol winner is gonna get played all over Pop radio...I like U2 's new one and that's all that counts..if it doesn't get the airplay that Vertigo got...all the better as us U2 fans will have the song all to oursleves here in the U.S.

guys apparantley its no use in the US as according to GibsonExplorer in the other thread its already a commercial flop, just thought i would let you know.

guys apparantley its no use in the US as according to GibsonExplorer in the other thread its already a commercial flop, just thought i would let you know.

Which other thread? That sounds like a load of bull to me. The single hasn't officially been released. The band has done ZERO promotion. It hasn't been allowed to pick up any kind of steam yet on the radio. And there's been no music video.

It's probably a little premature to say it's a commercial failure. Give it some time...and keep requesting!

U2 IS DOOMED!

The album will flop and the band is going to break up. Next time we see any of them is when we're being handed our Big Mac and fries. :depressed:

That Perez Hilton article is stupid. First off ... Get on your boots is still listed twice in the top 100 on itunes. If you combined those two it would be higher than 37. Although, the second listing has fallen into the 80's so maybe it has been removed and people can no longer download it. It was in the 50's or even higher yesterday.

The second listing is alive and well. You can still download it. Nobody chooses to.

And take the Perez Hilton article seriously. Negative press is what killed POP in the US.

Has anyone in SD tried 103.7 FM or 94.1 FM? I just checked their site playlists, and GOYB is not getting a lot of airtime. 94.1 has ST, WOWY, BD, and other U2 songs on their playlist. Both stations hyped it up leading up to Monday, but I guess GOYB didn't get a lot of fan support after that first listen.

Last edited:
Listening to the crap that is played here on the radio all the time I'm kind of glad that GOYB isn't played much. Somehow I understand it, it's different from all that other crap. Some fans should be happy that it's not that radio-friendly. Still I think they should give it a chance. Since it's not in the singles charts here (not yet), I suppose it won't get much airplay in the next week. Songs that are in the charts are usually played to death. God, I'm so sick of most of them. :madspit:

Who cares if it's on radio or not. All that matters is that you like it or not. Popular radio has nothing to do with the quality of a song. In the Netherlands even a ringtone can get the top spot. We have got to stop to try to spread U2's music like it is some kind of religion and everybody has to like it. Young kids are these days the dominant factor in determing if something is going to be played on radio or not. That is why I don't understand why U2 is trying to target a younger audience. At least that is what Bono has sometimes said. They want some singles on every record. I don't see the point really.It must be enough for them to just make the music they like and not worry about geographics. I like Boots a lot. It could have been just a little bit more obscure but stil, a great song. Who cares if other people like it. I enjoy it and that is good enough for me.

Who cares if it's on radio or not. All that matters is that you like it or not. Popular radio has nothing to do with the quality of a song. In the Netherlands even a ringtone can get the top spot. We have got to stop to try to spread U2's music like it is some kind of religion and everybody has to like it. Young kids are these days the dominant factor in determing if something is going to be played on radio or not. That is why I don't understand why U2 is trying to target a younger audience. At least that is what Bono has sometimes said. They want some singles on every record. I don't see the point really.It must be enough for them to just make the music they like and not worry about geographics. I like Boots a lot. It could have been just a little bit more obscure but stil, a great song. Who cares if other people like it. I enjoy it and that is good enough for me.
Indeed i still remember how a certain terrible german childsong called "sni sna snappy" was holding U2 from the number one position in the Top 40...

Vertigo never became number 1 because of child song... Way to go Holland. :reject:

There are NO stations that will play the song in my area. Which is okay. I hope most of my friends never hear this song, and then discover the album based on the more successful 2nd single that's actually a good song. To them GOYB will just be a crappy filler song in the #6 spot. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

The second listing is alive and well. You can still download it. Nobody chooses to.

And take the Perez Hilton article seriously. Negative press is what killed POP in the US.

Negative press and a first single that most people thought was dumb. This song is going to flop, word will get out that U2 doesn't have as much power as they used to, people will say the album sucks based on GOYB. Those who even give it a chance will be sceptical because they dislike GOYB and it was a flop. U2 will probably make a dumb video for GOYB (videos not being their speciality) and that will just seal the deal.

^ Umm, yes, okay.

Anything else you forgot?

Will the weather stay bad for the rest of January and February, too?

Will the economy get worse in the second half of the year?

Will I lose my job in the near future?

Any more good news?

:huh:

Well the single is doing well in Europe. That also happened with Pop but back then the rest of the world sort of cared what America thought. I'm hoping that 8 years of Bush taught the rest of the world that their taste doesn't have to be determined by the US. The real problem is that America doesn't usually embrace change very well and GOYB in spite of its supposed similarity to Vertigo (which I totally don't see other than they are both fast) is very different from recent U2 and America will be slow to pick up on that. If they truly are starting the tour in Europe instead of the US that shows that they know the US will take more time to warm up to the record and they are not repeating the mistake of starting the tour in a place where the album hasn't had time to hit.

Dana

Indeed i still remember how a certain terrible german childsong called "sni sna snappy" was holding U2 from the number one position in the Top 40...

Vertigo never became number 1 because of child song... Way to go Holland. :reject:

Well, I can't disagree more. Actually this tune, that blocked U2, has had everything Bono & Co.ever searched for: a social-geographical root in Africa (Egypt), it has this special electro-pop sound, a great rhythm section, the singer sings like a bird, it rocks and yes, it is fresh. Kind of a predecessor to GOYB and a #1 choice for a cover version for U2 in 2009. Just listen ...:lol::lol::lol:

YouTube - schnappi

We're being denied our Boots here in SD!! It sucks! :mad: I haven't heard it yet on any station, although some of the stations (like 91X, Star) have mention of it on their websites. Weird.

On a positive note, this is now up to 20 votes for Boots! Keep the votes coming, maybe someday us poor folk in SD will actually hear it on the radio! :hyper:

San Diego's 91X

I just now finally heard it on the radio in San Diego!!! :hyper: It was on 94.9 yay! :D

If they truly are starting the tour in Europe instead of the US that shows that they know the US will take more time to warm up to the record and they are not repeating the mistake of starting the tour in a place where the album hasn't had time to hit.

Which would be one of the few intelligent choices they've made during this album campaign so far, and shows great foresight.

Hopefully they'll have at least 2-3 singles released (or planned) by the time the fall leg starts up.

Found a college station in Gainesville, Fl that currently has a poll up rating GOYB. I voted and the result at the moment looked good.

"Boots" Made for Rocking?

U2 have posted the new song "Get on Your Boots" on their official website. The track is the first single off the band's upcoming album, No Line on the Horizon, which is due out March 3. To listen to "Boots," click here. Now that you've heard the latest from U2, we want to know:
What do you think of "Get on Your Boots?"

It's a disappointing return for U2.
9%

It's OK. I don't love it or hate it.
19%

Here's the link for the poll
The Rock Station - Music Quiz

Dana

You may have a point with that second sentence, but Perez Hilton does not get taken seriously. Just because a bunch of half-wits flock to his site to make nasty snark does not mean he is taken seriously.

The comments of a famewhore celebrity gossip are not a critical review from the press.

Back
Top Bottom