Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sent XMRadio an email asking them about their plans to setup a U2 channel leading up to the album release.

Love you,Rose..thanks for doing that....although it's almost a given that U2 will have a temporary channel on XM/Sirius...now that the companies have combined they have 20 million listeners..that's a nice sized audience to want to advertise to...especially when you're heard all over the U.S. and Canada.....it would be a total shock/mistake if U2 didn't have a temporary channel like AC/DC and Metallica and Coldplay etc. did.....I mean look what it did for AC/DC .....I never would have guessed they would do as well saleswise as they did......the only question is not if U2 is going to have a temporary channel on Sirius/XM.....the question is when...I'm guessing early to middle of February

What about a Last.fm campaign? If Coldplay managed to get the most listens of all new releases in that year in half of 2008, imagine what U2's fan base could do with almost an entire year to go! :hyper: Scrobble away, people!

I really like this idea.

U2 has different spheres to conquer

there's pop radio which is shit.

rock radio which is slightly less shit

then there's hipster music

I think last.fm is the best way to conquer the hipsters

not that every last.fm user is a hipster, but you have to be pretty into music to be nerdy enough to keep track of your plays on the internet...:p

loveisblindness’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

scrobble away

Salt Lake City:
X96: ((X96)) EVERYTHING ALTERNATIVE
101.9 The End: 101.9 The End - Home of the Chunga Show

I'm doing my part, I've scrobbled probably 20 times and
requested at X96, where it was the 3rd most requested song of the day today.
101.9, which calls itself "Utahs U2 station" was #2 in the country for plays of "Get On Your Boots" as mentioned earlier in the thread

Sweet!!! :wink:
Just requested at both of them. But they just played Vertigo on the second one. :( Ah, well. At least it's been requested. :D

I heard it played on 99.3FM (rock music station) here in Vancouver and the guys slated it. They couldn't understand why they released it as a single, majorly disappointed and if this was anything to go, they weren't looking forward to the album.

I am from London and I think this song and the album will do a lot better in the UK, around Europe and other parts of the world than in North America. Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Pop were more popular and did better in Europe, as they seem to take to the creative, dance influenced type of music a lot more than the Americans or Canadians.

This has been something that has been commented on a number of times in the past and I am really not surprised by the good reaction in the UK and lukewarm reviews we are hearing in the US and Canada.

I emailed two stations...

The River 99.9 in Spokane, WA (my home town! :up:)
at songs@spokanesriver.com -- I didn't get a response yet but they are U2 friendly station. They played Window in the Skies a lot.

And The Mountain 103.7 in Seattle
at studio@1037themountain.com
This is what I said to them...

"Hello! The new U2 song sounds very interesting and different, I'd
love to hear more of it.

Keep up the good work!"

and they responded...

"That's all we have for now!"

Not sure if that means that's all we are playing right now, or the U2 they've already is played is all they are playing for now...??

U2's New Single Is A Hit In Europe, Released On iTunes In The U.S. | AHN | January 21, 2009

U2's New Single Is A Hit In Europe, Released On iTunes In The U.S.

New York, NY (CNS) - U2's new single, "Get on Your Boots," scored huge listeners throughout Europe and the United Kingdom on its debut day of radio airplay Tuesday. The new single shot straight to No. 1 on Ireland's airplay chart and No. 4 in the U.K.

The track garnered total audiences of two million and 12.5 million in Ireland and U.K. on the day of its release, according to Nielsen Music Control. Currently, you can find "Get on Your Boots" on the radio, iTunes and streaming on U2's website.

A review from Billboard.com compares the new single to songs from Achtung Baby. The song is also very guitar driven and will remind the U2 fans of their old days. The song offers lyrics that inspired by current economic situations worldwide.

Originally U2 had announced the song would not be available digitally until Feb. 15, but it went live yesterday via Apple's iTunes Music Store in the United States.

Just got an email from Rusty Keys! DJ for 101.9 The End: 101.9 The End - Home of the Chunga Show

Here it is...

Liz,

The first day the song was out...we played it once an hour! Now, we're
playing it every 3 hours! It's a great one from U2!

Thanks for listening to 101-9 The End

Rusty Keys
Program Dir/101-9 The End

But then again, that's Salt Lake and they've been playing it all along. We need Americans to love this song! haha :heart:

I got a response from XM to my email about their plans to have a U2 channel leading up to the album release, (like they did for Coldplay). Not very promising.

Thank you for contacting XM.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email.
We appreciate all of our subscriber's comments and suggestions. We have forwarded your suggestion onto our Programming Department. However, at the current time no updates are planned. In the future you can contact XM's Programming Department directly at programming@xmradio.com. Thank you for being a loyal listener and we look forward to many more years of providing you with our service.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 1-800-XM RADIO ( 800-967-2346 ). Our Listener Care Center's hours of operation are as follows:

Monday - Saturday: 8 AM - 11 PM ET
Sunday: 8AM - 8PM ET

Thank you,
Gordon

All XM/Sirius subscribers should send an email to the address they provided asking also!

From Perez Hilton:
As we mentioned earlier, U2 released their latest single, Get On Your Boots, this week.

And we kind of found it a bit disappointing. Definitely NOT their best work. Though it seems Europe has taking a liking to it!

The single got some major numbers across the pond.

According to Nielsen Music Control, the first day of airplay the song got huge numbers, and on the second day, Tuesday, it shot straight to the number 1 spot on Ireland's airplay chart and the number 4 spot in the U.K.

It reached a total audience of 12.5 million in the UK as well as 11 million in Italy and 78 million in Germany. The song is even doing well in Austria, Belgium, Italy, and Holland.

The song is also getting pretty good airtime in the US.

As for their album, No Line on the Horizon, it will be released on March 2nd in the UK and on the 3rd in the US.

Hopefully they release another single REAL QUICK!

If this is true...these are some excellent numbers

Already e-mailed 2 big Maine radio stations. Got a reply with the classic rock one and waiting for a reply with the other new alternative rock station. :D
BTW, I know it's only Maine but it's nice to have U2 all across the nation. :)

Where in Maine, out of curiosity? If its in the north, I would keep the radio on all day. :)

I don't get good reception in the house, and I haven't been out driving much, but I did catch the song once yesterday & once today on Star 98.7 Los Angeles/Orange County. They have the song (and many other back catalog songs) on demand on their site. It's currently NOT on the home page's Top 20 On Demand. I can't find an overall top list. They do have a 'most viewed' on the home page with a link to U2/U2 on demand

98.7 FM - LOS ANGELES / ORANGE COUNTY

I think the other "rock" :rolleyes: station in L.A. (95.5 KLOS) played it once last night according to a quick check on their website last night. If they played something new or from the last 10 years it would be a miracle :| Though they are pushing tickets for Fleetwood Mac 95.5 KLOS-FM "The Classic Rock Station" I have no idea what's happening on KROQ 106.7 in L.A.

Back
Top Bottom