Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why would stations have such a negative reaction to this song........i'll agree it doesnt change the world............but its a good song........and better than most stuff on the radio. do people really detest bono and u2 that much? dont understand:hmm:

No problems for airplay in Vancouver. Our two main rock stations have Get On Your Boots frequently played. Not surprising as U2 has always done quite well here with airplay and sales. I would imagine Toronto would be the same.

I'll request it for other stations people post. Winnipeg.....prepare for email onslaught!

Thanks so much. Winnipeg needs more U2. It's ACDC, Matthew Good, and Nickelback like every five minutes. No wonder the band skips Winnipeg the last 2 tours. When they premier the new single and the only new rock station's DG's openly make fun of it is not a good thing.

My wife and I had a bit of a toss up with our local 103.7 Peak FM here in Albuquerque. They debuted the song yesterday morning in their morning hack talk show. They said prior to playing the single even once:

"Ok - well here is something new - here is the new U2 song that nobody likes." They they preceeded to play it in 15 second increments, trying to accuse Bono of ripping off OMG and how they knew that even hard core U2 fans didn't like the direction the band was going.

We both emailed the station and told them we thought it was a bit quick to say no one like the song - since no one in Albuquerque had heard it on the radio yet. Also, as it had just been released anywhere in the world about 10 hours ago (and it was only 8AM locally) it was a bit of a stretch to categorize "hard core fans" reaction in the way they did. We invited them to send the single to us or return it to Universal Music, and continue to play OAR and Kelly Clarkson 14 times an hour.

They read our emails on the air, called us names, etc. and basically made asses of themselves and taunted us as "u2 freaks" for the rest of the hour. :doh:

Corporate radio is so out of touch it is unbelievable.

Oh, wow, that's nice. :doh:
Those guys wouldn't last 30 seconds on WTAHAN.

Keep it up folks
I live in Brazil...
I'll see U2 in radios only when they record with BS = Britney Spears

I sent XMRadio an email asking them about their plans to setup a U2 channel leading up to the album release.

I was hoping they'd do that, I mean if they did it for Coldplay they should surely do it for U2. Let us know if they respond.

I love the fact that this single is crashing and burning in North America. :drool:

Fuck the mainstream.

Well, on a poll of weather people like it (this is yet another station that i e-mailed and requested GOYB) this is what was said...

I like the heavy guitars. It rocks!
70%

It's a disappointing return for U2.
14%

It's OK. I don't love it or hate it.
16%

:shrug: And this is an extremely well known station. :)

Wow... some of these comments... do most radio stations hate this song?

Not sure...the classic rock station that I emailed said that I'll be hearing plenty of it. It was a nice, prompt reply too. I got it within like, 5 minutes.

I've tried to contact the new alternative station TWICE and they haven't replied yet...I don't think. *goes to check*Nope. :|

But the radio station I mentioned in my last post just thanked me for requesting "a song" (GOYB).

My wife and I had a bit of a toss up with our local 103.7 Peak FM here in Albuquerque. They debuted the song yesterday morning in their morning hack talk show. They said prior to playing the single even once:

"Ok - well here is something new - here is the new U2 song that nobody likes." They they preceeded to play it in 15 second increments, trying to accuse Bono of ripping off OMG and how they knew that even hard core U2 fans didn't like the direction the band was going.

We both emailed the station and told them we thought it was a bit quick to say no one like the song - since no one in Albuquerque had heard it on the radio yet. Also, as it had just been released anywhere in the world about 10 hours ago (and it was only 8AM locally) it was a bit of a stretch to categorize "hard core fans" reaction in the way they did. We invited them to send the single to us or return it to Universal Music, and continue to play OAR and Kelly Clarkson 14 times an hour.

They read our emails on the air, called us names, etc. and basically made asses of themselves and taunted us as "u2 freaks" for the rest of the hour. :doh:

Corporate radio is so out of touch it is unbelievable.

Sorry to hear that

E-mail them back and tell them "thanks to you idiots I'm going to satellite radio".....even if you have no intention to...that'll shut them up.

I've had Sirius/XM for 2 years now...I'll never go back to commercial radio....it's like going back to non-cable broadcast network TV when you used to have cable

Sat. radio plays plenty of U2 and other bands/artists I would have never heard of on commercial radio..it is unreal how bad commercial radio sounds when you compare and contrast...might be a few decent commercial radio stations still left in the U.S. but you're screwed if they're not in your town

P.S. who is OMG??

Here in Sydney Tripple M and Nova will keep playing Boots regardless of opinion. We need to keep it active on the top rating radio station 2day fm. There is also a poll, love it or hate it in the music section of the site under Entertainment. It's about 50/50 at the moment. Help needed please.

2DayFM - Home

I left for work after I posted the link to the station in Chicago, and I heard it right when I got in my car. :lol: How's that for fast?

Kansas City Stations:

Playing Boots already:

Jack FM 105.1 Bryan.Truta@cumulus.com
96.5 The Buzz JUlanet@entercom.com

Stations that play U2, that I have not heard the new single yet or indicated if they will play the single:

Mix 93.3 KMXV-FM

Stations that used to play U2 and said that would get the single but wouldn't play it because the program director is an idiot and likes to play Fuel and bands that have the same lead singer with the same chord progression, vocal suspensions and emo-style single:

98.9 The Rock PMarshall@entercom.com

According to the requests I've sent so far, my name is John Spartz, and I am a resident of Austin, Texas, Kansas City, Missouri, and Winnipeg, Manitoba. More to come.

What about a Last.fm campaign? If Coldplay managed to get the most listens of all new releases in that year in half of 2008, imagine what U2's fan base could do with almost an entire year to go! :hyper: Scrobble away, people!

Just play Boots on repeat for a full year?:) I've already had over 100 listens since Monday. :)

Back
Top Bottom