General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as long as we dont see bono's belly i'm all for it. he does seem much slimmer these days...doesnt he?

- Part where you can see giant boots walking around the band in a couple of spots has been removed
- Fighter Planes added around the time where the first set of giant boots walking around
- One of the middle eastern women that had a gettyimages watermark on it had the watermark removed
- Other middle eastern women who had watermarks have been removed completely and replaced with the African people
- Part where video blacks out has been removed
- The spot where you could see the legs of a women who was laying down now has 4 legs instead of 2.

I think those are the main changes. There might be more but from an initial side by side viewing thats what I noticed.

:up: Only other thing is that there are actually 5 legs on that one part near the end, it's kinda scary :uhoh:

Well, Universal has it up on YouTube now

But there's no high-quality version, they letterboxed it, and the quality is shite.

I swear they could fuck up a wet dream.

Oh, and I see they disabled embedding too. Bonus!

:lol:

You wonder who's in charge over there.

why oh why did they remove the psychedelic guitar mini solo?????????????????? it better be on the album

why oh why did they remove the psychedelic guitar mini solo?????????????????? it better be on the album

I hope it's on the album, too. I can't stand the hen-peck guitar solo. Didn't care for the Vertigo solo either. How cool would a screaming run be right there? Of course, I'm well aware that The Edge takes pleasure in the anti-solo. See With or Without You.

yeah, if they wouldve left in the guitar effect and made the mini solo a grande we could have an epic song on our hands, Boots called for it. wouldve been a fine time to drop the solo inhibition

I think the mix on the draft version was a rough mix... probably the 'December mix' that was mentioned on the whiteboard on the u2.com video, which they said was almost complete but needed a few changes.

I :heart: anti-solos.

Well, Universal has it up on YouTube now:

YouTube - U2 - Get On Your Boots: Official Promo Version

But there's no high-quality version, they letterboxed it, and the quality is shite.

I swear they could fuck up a wet dream.

Oh, and I see they disabled embedding too. Bonus!

holy fuck thats lame.. compare that to Coldplay's handlers who put up their shit in HD: (click watch in hd on the page)

YouTube - Coldplay - Life In Technicolor ii (HD)

I like first version of the video more.I mean it looked like a part of art. The last one looks like very bad photoshop. Like VERY bad photoshop.:angry:

no kidding, the video before was perfect then the guys at the top got their lame hands on it and did what they always do, they took the magic out. i hope principle or universal is reading this. stay the fuck out of their way for god's sake. leave well enough alone. and give me back that 60's psychedelic guitar effect.

I will be showing my friends the leaked version and not this weaksauce shit. when will you learn that when you polish things up eventually you rub a hole through what was?

no kidding, the video before was perfect then the guys at the top got their lame hands on it and did what they always do, they took the magic out. i hope principle or universal is reading this. stay the fuck out of their way for god's sake. leave well enough alone. and give me back that 60's psychedelic guitar effect.

I will be showing my friends the leaked version and not this weaksauce shit. when will you learn that when you polish things up eventually you rub a hole through what was?

The video wasnt finished ! the fat cats didnt have their paws on it.

I like first version of the video more.I mean it looked like a part of art. The last one looks like very bad photoshop. Like VERY bad photoshop.:angry:

I have to agree.

the previous version seemed to directly reference a number of artists and famous figures in art. I think I even saw a couple of famous statues in the first one that I don't think appear in this new one.

BTW, I'll have to go back and hear it again, but did they really get rid of the 6note solo? I could have sworn it was in there. :hmm:

lol theres not much difference between the two videos except making it less sexual (getting rid of the giant boots walking around and making 5 legs at the end instead of 2)

^ I thought there was more 'shirtless' bono in this one too :wink: :whistle:
I hope you are being sarcastic... if not, this is whats different visually:
- Part where you can see giant boots walking around the band in a couple of spots has been removed
- Fighter Planes added around the time where the first set of giant boots walking around
- One of the middle eastern women that had a gettyimages watermark on it had the watermark removed
- Other middle eastern women who had watermarks have been removed completely and replaced with the African people
- Part where video blacks out has been removed
- The spot where you could see the legs of a women who was laying down now has 5 legs instead of 2.

I think those are the main changes. There might be more but from an initial side by side viewing thats what I noticed.

^ ^ ^ wasn't being sarcastic :reject: . . . :D:

Love the video . . . bit disappointed that some of its been fiddled with as I thought the leaked version was brilliant . . . mate of mine who is not a U2 fan at all saw it yesterday and was impressed which made me happy :yes:

*runstowatchvideoforthe7oothtime* :up:

Back
Top Bottom