Found this clip on youtube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm:

Interesting...if you click on this link you see all of InBloom74's videos...U2 new sound # 1-4....but I see another one, # 5....they are all inactive videos now...but I never knew there was a fifth video...has anyone watched it when it was still available?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Yes the fith one is a total fake! The music is so muffled yet the drums are crystal clear!

I'm trying VERY hard not to listen to any new U2 stuff until the new CD is out...want it to be a total surprse...don't know if I can hold out though ;)

Yes the fith one is a total fake! The music is so muffled yet the drums are crystal clear!

While I do believe these clips are fake, don't forget that if the sound could have been recorded from inside the room larry was playing in, while the rest of the track was playing in the background outside the room.

2 things against thios though, first of all, it doesnt sound like them.

second, I don't think that's the way U2 (or many bands) record. They would lay the drums down first (either live with the bass, or with bass playing along, but not being recorded to get the tempo's and structure right). It would be very wierd to start a track with other instruments, then bring the drums in last...

Eh.....but is UF not a totally different sound to R&H? :confused: :hmm:

I think if you compare the bookends within each triumvirate, then yes, you could say that they are quite different because of the natural progression that has occurred in that timespan.

My point wasn't that each group of 3 is exactly the same sound. There is definitely an evolution or progression in sound from every album to the next, but they only "dream it all up again" and go with a completely different sound every third album.

So if we carry this idea on to the new album, again I think that it will be different from HTDAAB, but not radically different. And it will even differenter (yes, I just made up that word) still from ATYCLB, but still related.

Or then again, I could be wrong and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

By the way, I'm not saying this 3 album pattern is a bad thing. I'm just making an observation.

I for one really like ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I wouldn't mind hearing the 2000's sound reach it's full potential on the new album with a little Moroccan/Mediterranean influence thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom