Found this clip on youtube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just a little suspect about these being real, I mean, as soon as clip 3 over, there's another 4-member band that just happens to be linked right after clip 3 plays :eyebrow: And if you listen to them, they seem talented enough to duplicate/ replicate U2's sound, as basic as these clips are. Nope, I just can't buy these as real.

:heart:

Clip 3 has a nice guitar sound, I can believe that it is Edges work not some randoms.

My friend can sound exactly like Edge on 90% of the songs he plays. :shrug:

our bear friend did an update :der:

Well this fourth clip realy make me think about the songs on the Salome collections. It sounds more that they experiment with a song to find another song in it, just like one song on the Salome tapes went to serveral songs, UTTEOTW, Ultraviolet, The Fly...

Intressting...

Can we all finally admit that this is legit?

It would be great if we could spend our energy actually discussing the music instead of arguing over whether or not it is U2.

It is, in fact, U2. Simply looking at the "member" posting these videos should be a dead giveaway, really.

One should expect a few more of these before the single is released/..."leaked"

Haven't U2 already proved that they have a penchant for "viral" marketing?

are u serious?:huh: so just because who is posting these vids makes them legit? sounds like pure crap to me and not at all like u2.

Well some of the clips contains the same bass, guitar and drum solos as the U2.com video clips...

Maybe it is The Cedars of Lebanon in clip 4, the chours sounds like "Lebanooooo-oooooooooo-oooooo-ooooooooon.

sorry peterrr

it's my IMO that's all. I am just not buying this as legit. And the main reason for my post was to reply to the guy before stating that just because of who posted the clips makes it legit (youtube vid) is ridiculous.

i'm still wondering why it's occurred to only a select few here that it's possible that some joker can play the clips on his own drum kit or bass kit or garageband or what have you, make it a little muddy and viola! a U2 clip. Also why would they be referred to as rehearsals? What are they rehearsing? They won't begin tour rehearsing for a little bit anyway and at the time of these clips they'd still be in recording stage. Maybe the guy on Youtube is rehearsing for his coverband... :hmm:

Bono's pitch isn't as bad as that new video suggests. His voice may have gotten slightly weaker over the years, but the pitch should remain.

I don't think that's Bono. At least, it doesn't sound like him to me.

The first clip is def. something we've heard from u2.com. The 2nd clip has the same guitar tone as Walk Out Into the Streets. The 3rd one sounds like the same guitar tone used for the slide solo on SYCMIOYO... Dunno what to make of the 4th one. I doubt Bono would ever use that much delay on his voice. Didn't sound too much like him.

Now, the poster of those videos may actually have recorded those clips from Hanover Quay, or heard the songs behing rehearsed at Hanover Quay and is trying to fool us with his own recordings of bass, guitar and drum loops. Which I honestly think the first one is... Either way, it's probably a good bet that we'll hear some of this stuff on the album. Even if the stuff on youtube isn't U2 playing it.

I messaged the person and asked him if this stuff was legit and he never replied, which is kind of suspicious. We should all mass PM him and interogate him :wink:

the problem is with the idea that he recorded these clips outside hanover quay is the audio quality is too good for that. at least i think it is. it sounds like all these noises were added in afterward.

i mean, if they turn out to be real, great, i'll admit i was wrong. but unless U2 issues a statement or theres something a lot more concrete than what we're getting, i definitely will not be believing these.

The sound quality of course isn't great but I'm liking this new clip the most musically. If these clips aren't U2, I want to know who it is, because they're good.

I think the clips are real though.

doesn't sound all that much like bono to me, even though the accoustics are crumby so I can't be sure. But you can clearly tell bono's voice in the song "walk out in the streets" and those aren't much better accoustics. This is pretty fishy.

yep, i kinda believed it until this one. this is a joke imo, the singing sounds bloody awful and like someone doing karaoke Bono in a ropey pub after 8 pints of lager... :drool:

It is, in fact, U2. Simply looking at the "member" posting these videos should be a dead giveaway, really.

One should expect a few more of these before the single is released/..."leaked"

Haven't U2 already proved that they have a penchant for "viral" marketing?

You're joking right?

If these clips are real, then we should be expecting the worse album ever...

Not sure why the fact that the poster claims to be from Ireland means that we should trust him/her. :scratch:

In clip 1, there's some extra distortion or reverb on the bass that isn't in the U2.com clip.

In clip 2, the echo that's supposed to sound like it's a result of the track being recorded in an open space (?) + through a wall or something (?) really sounds like it was created on a computer.

In clip 3, the static sounds 100% added in---not an incidental result of the taping.

In clip 4, do we really even need to talk about how terribly off-key "bono" is?? Come on, even while singing Bonoglese in the Hansa Ton tapes, he was on-key.

Not sure why the fact that the poster claims to be from Ireland means that we should trust him/her. :scratch:

In clip 1, there's some extra distortion or reverb on the bass that isn't in the U2.com clip.

In clip 2, the echo that's supposed to sound like it's a result of the track being recorded in an open space (?) + through a wall or something (?) really sounds like it was created on a computer.

In clip 3, the static sounds 100% added in---not an incidental result of the taping.

In clip 4, do we really even need to talk about how terribly off-key "bono" is?? Come on, even while singing Bonoglese in the Hansa Ton tapes, he was on-key.

:up:

Yeah these are fake and the funny thing is that I commented it on the comments section as being fake and I got some negative thumbs down and most people who said it was fake got a thumbs down LOL. Most people esp on the 4th video are praising it and its so good. To me thats shit! It doesnt even sound like Bono and if it is Bono and it is a new song then for the first time I am going to seriously think that a U2 album truly sucks!

He's not off-key and I'm pretty good with tones. The voice cracking part does not sound like Bono though, but the first half of the song sounds like him.

Who knows how old these clips are? They could have been taken early in the recording process. U2 could have been fooling around, just like 4th of July.

So you can't prematurely judge an album by these clips, if you do even think they're legitimate.

He's not off-key and I'm pretty good with tones. The voice cracking part does not sound like Bono though, but the first half of the song sounds like him.

Who knows how old these clips are? They could have been taken early in the recording process. U2 could have been fooling around, just like 4th of July.

So you can't prematurely judge an album by these clips, if you do even think they're legitimate.

Good point. It's actually unfair to judge the album by any of the clips so far, or any of the soundbytes, recordings, etc...First of all, we don't even know what songs will be on the album, and we basically don't know what song we're even hearing in any of the clips, recordings, etc...Even the U2.com clips are fairly useless in trying to conjure up an idea of what the album will sound like....They could be posting random parts of songs that aren't even going to be on the album, and these parts could be so buried in the recording that it's barely recognizeable when we finally hear the album....Even the edge clip form U2.com, which is arguably the best one, is so meaningless in the grand scheme of things because it is possible that not one thing he plays in that clip ends up on the album.

The only useful soundbytes for judging the sound of the new album are substantial recordings of a track(s) that we are positive will end up on the album in that form....otherwise it's pointless to start judging with any sort of confidence. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom