Found this clip on youtube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 2:30 clip could very well be No Line on the Horizon due to the way The Edge described it (heavy distortion giving way to a mellow melody by Bono).

Just my opinion but I don't think it's real. The guitar in the first clip sounds to heavy handed to me, doesn't seem as quick or light on the frets as edge plays, I don't know it just doesn't sound crisp. And as for the one with the drum track, could just be some fans in a garage who played the same drum rhythm. Or it could be real....just my thoughts:hmm:

I've said before that I don't think these clips are real and i stand by this. But I won't go into it in this thread too :wink:

the bear clip is definetly either the u2 song or someone playing the same thing. it sounds just like the u2.com clip of the "green tea".

Yeah it might be someone playing it , or looped or something, but I think either way it is definitely what was played in the u2.com drum clip. However, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere near a complete song obviously - just a few components, so not much point in judging it too much. :shrug:

i don't think they're real because they sound like the shittiest songs ever. it sounds like someone testing a guitar out at guitar center.

i don't think they're real because they sound like the shittiest songs ever. it sounds like someone testing a guitar out at guitar center.

:lol:

These youtube videos are all suspect...I think the fan recordings outside studios and the U2.com clips are the only ones we should take seriously...

the fact that the sound is so good, but yet so poor for an actual recording is an immediate red flag. and i also agree with david here as well and i also agree with Rob. the U2.com videos and the fan recorded clips are what should be taken seriously, not these random videos on youtube that just pop out of nowhere (not official, and not mentioned ever on a fan site.) Let's be real here.

I'm hoping U2 totally reinvents its sound -- though a return to Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree would be alright, as long as the melodies are different. I think that's the sign U2 have lost their original mission. It used to be said of U2 that they constantly changed. UF sounded so different from War; Achtung Baby sounded so different from Rattle and Hum. They can and should get back to that.

has anyone tried to contact the guy on youtube (i dont have an account but) they seem real to me easpecily since one is the green tea clip so if one is real I would assume the others are

Anyone think that the band may be leaking these out on purpose? It seems convenient that there's no vocals or anything to really give away too much about the song in any of the clips - kind of like the u2.com videos. And the way a little bit is coming out every week, almost to build suspense.

Anyone think that the band may be leaking these out on purpose? It seems convenient that there's no vocals or anything to really give away too much about the song in any of the clips - kind of like the u2.com videos. And the way a little bit is coming out every week, almost to build suspense.

That would be very well possible i guess! And very clever.

I think it's likely that that is what is happening here.

has anyone tried to contact the guy on youtube (i dont have an account but) they seem real to me easpecily since one is the green tea clip so if one is real I would assume the others are

Good point.

However, aren't these meant to be clips from outside the studio? Why would they then just lift the audio from the u2.com video?

I think the last one does sound real, although its very muffled, just wonder why they would use audio from something else for one of these clips?

If U2 are doing viral marketing through youtube thats pretty clever. Biggest band in the world keeping this album so secret :drool:

I'm just a little suspect about these being real, I mean, as soon as clip 3 over, there's another 4-member band that just happens to be linked right after clip 3 plays :eyebrow: And if you listen to them, they seem talented enough to duplicate/ replicate U2's sound, as basic as these clips are. Nope, I just can't buy these as real.

If U2 are doing viral marketing through youtube thats pretty clever. Biggest band in the world keeping this album so secret :drool:

It would be pretty funny if it is them, poking fun at the beach clips with the seagull noises added into the first one.

Back
Top Bottom