First Listen Rituals......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably just take my mom out to lunh and we'll listen to it together. I have a pretty nice soundsystem in my Mazda6.

Yeah... I'm pretty awesome.

I'm going to try to avoid leaks and the Japanese version. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I want to listen to it for the first time with the album in hand, looking at the artwork, with sound-blocking headphones and absorbing the experience. I'm going to have to block interference from my computer from the time the album leaks until March 3rd.

No ritual for the single release but as for the album well....

After GYBO comes out I won't listen to anything else untill the album is released unless it hits radio. BUT if a radi show does a full album preview prior to the release date I WILL NOT listen to it. The day the album is released I'll go buy it, drive to the lake by my house and park my car then open the cd and put the seat back and listen from start to finish with no distraction, no interuptions. That's been my ritual for the last two albums. I think alone in your parked car is the best way to listen to an anticipated album for the first time. There's no outside distractions, your car filters out unwanted outside noise and you don't have to wear headphones. It's perfect.

My usual ritual for new album releases involves great speakers or headphones, a comfortable chaise lounge, a dimly lit room, an ice cold shaken extra dry slightly dirty vodka martini with 3 olives :cocktail:, and of course the new CD.

I think I will continue that ritual come March. :up:

I mostly just download it and squeal like a little girl for the next hour or so.

My usual ritual for new album releases involves great speakers or headphones, a comfortable chaise lounge, a dimly lit room, an ice cold shaken extra dry slightly dirty vodka martini with 3 olives :cocktail:, and of course the new CD.

I think I will continue that ritual come March. :up:

Brilliant! That's about what I do with new U2 albums.

:up:

Kicking back on my bed with a big pair of headphones, with the album sleeve, purely listening and absorbing.

Sounds great, I'll be doing that. Its going to be the hardest thing ever to not listen to streams or leaks.

On CD with kick-ass headphones. :drool:

I'll download the leaks, etc., but won't listen to them until after I hear the album on disc.

How many people will listen to the album the moment it leaks early and how many will wait until it is properly released?

I'll listen to it on my computer with Bose headphones. It's the only soundsystem I have besides my ipod.

dark room, candles, lots of lube

LOL

Hey does anyone have the clip of that lady spazzing out after she first heard Vertigo? You know "OMG I can't believe it! I'm speechless! They went back to their ROOTS!!! I'm going to listen to it again! I don't know what to do with myself!!!"

Whenever I get a new album, I always play it the
first time through while I clean and organize my entire
house thoroughly. I don't know why, but it does
allow me to focus on it better for some reason.
No matter how much I want to listen to it, if I
were lying on my bed I'd fall asleep. :lol:

Uh! I just realized I don't have headphones, they're broken :( and the bad thing is that I'll listen to GOYB at 6 in the morning... anyway, I'm gonna wake up my family.

Back
Top Bottom