Films of Innocence - December 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't see this posted anywhere .... I saw it on Twitter this morning and @u2 has also picked up the story:

U2 'Films Of Innocence' Movie Available on iTunes December 9th

It seems to be an iTunes exclusive:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/u2-films-of-innocence/id939643009

11 of the world’s most acclaimed urban artists unveil their work through a collection of art films, inspired by U2’s Songs of Innocence. Taking the political murals of Northern Ireland as a reference point, U2 pioneered the project to celebrate the unique democratic power of urban art. Oliver Jeffers, Robin Rhode, D*Face, Mode 2, Chloe Early, Ganzeer, Vhils, Maser, ROA, DALeast, and Todd James make up this global multidisciplinary group project. Chosen for their undisputed ability to capture the imaginations of their audiences, the artists were given complete creative freedom to showcase their personal responses to U2’s music, through a series of part-animated, part live action films. The result is an exhilarating display of diversity in approach, style and commentary. Powerful and cognizant, their works scale the globe, play with time, and weave between heightened reality and animated dreamscapes. United for the first time in film, the eleven international artists have taken their work from the streets to the screen. These original works of video art transpose their visions from the physical to the digital and are collected here together as a visual counter-point to the album, a set of unique and compelling Films of Innocence.

:up:

What is this?i dont get it. So each song is going to have its own movie?

Too bad, I was hoping it was a documentary film of them recording the album

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes, it does seem very interesting indeed. I enjoy stuff like that more than the usual documentaries. I'm not familiar with most of the names listed for the movie, but it seems to be mostly about street art. Sounds cool.

Something tells me it has something to do about this new format with apple. Maybe a lead up to something.

Something tells me it has something to do about this new format with apple. Maybe a lead up to something.

If you buy an album, you can submit your own creation for that album AND then be elegible for win something... either internet points, an award or being chosen as the official video with full credits and a cash prize.

Can someone at least eat a burger during one of the songs?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom