Films of Innocence - December 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just me or during the Volcano film it say "Something in your mouth to blow"? I thought these lyrics were a joke but is that what they really are?

I was wondering that, too. Isn't it "Something in you 'bout to blow"? Or is it? :huh:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

They didn't gave the lyrics to the artists, just the tracks... and he listened "mouth", so he put "mouth" in there.
Once the band notices the mistake, they'll remove the video.
:lol:

They didn't gave the lyrics to the artists, just the tracks...
:lol:

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like the best plan. Things could have gone horribly wrong! :lol: I guess they kind of did, for Volcano. Awkward...

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

okay... for those who purchased through itunes. all one track, or split? and it is formated as quicktime?

Haven't had time to watch it with all the holiday preparations but a quick check on my iPad shows it like one file but it also has a chapter selection option.

When you start watching it a menu appears at the bottom and you have other options like playing each of the album songs with an image just showing the lyrics, another option with the pictures that we already have and another with videos like the ice cream video, etc.

Haven't had time to watch it with all the holiday preparations but a quick check on my iPad shows it like one file but it also has a chapter selection option.

When you start watching it a menu appears at the bottom and you have other options like playing each of the album songs with an image just showing the lyrics, another option with the pictures that we already have and another with videos like the ice cream video, etc.

:up: thank you

What a mistake, this release! I am a fan and ready to pay for the beautiful videos. I don't want to pay for something to download with restrictions. They could have reached much more people and could have sold a lot of blu ray s. Now it had disappeared into the big nothing....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't think a copy has leaked yet...certainly don't have much interest in paying for assuredly directionless music videos to songs I don't even like...

Surprised it didn't nab any Oscar noms though.

The videos are beautiful, but meaningless. If the band would have appeared in them it would have been sold a lot better. I own a lot of u2 material and this is the first commercial thing I didn't buy. And will not buy. Copy, fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I have to say, I don't get the "release" of these videos either. Put it out there and let people see them for a while. :huh:

After a couple of months of this is going nowhere, I wholeheartedly agree.

Imho the slight chance of one of this videos catching up and becoming a thing was more worthy for every artist involved than whatever they cashed in for selling them.

Your free products are supossed to promote your commercial ones... apparently they gave SOI for free in order to sell FOI.

Totally new at the whole iTunes movies thing....

I tried to download the Hd version, in my iTunes folder next to the music folder there is a downloads folder that has FoI.tmp folder which includes 'download.m4v' and 'info.plist' files. Is this right for everyone else?

Also, I can't strip the DRM off the file, but if I burn the m4v file as a data file onto a dvd (or do I need to include the info.plist file as well?), then it should be playable on my smart tv/bluray setup that can play data files, correct?

This shouldn't get lost in the discussion...the "Volcano" video has the wrong lyrics.

"Something in your mouth to blow!" is all over the video with lame BJ innuendos.

Good grief - did anyone watch this thing before releasing it, or think to give the lyrics to these "inspired artists"?????? :huh:

This shouldn't get lost in the discussion...the "Volcano" video has the wrong lyrics.

"Something in your mouth to blow!" is all over the video with lame BJ innuendos.

Good grief - did anyone watch this thing before releasing it, or think to give the lyrics to these "inspired artists"?????? :huh:

According to this interview it would appear that the artists involved didn't get much time to prepare unfortunately, since they were given the song only an hour or so before shooting the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sspbaCrZBsI

Back
Top Bottom