FEZ-Being Born appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think FEZ - Being Born is one of the best if not the best song on the album. It is a great and innovative song. I actually wish the FEZ part was longer. This will be a great song live.

FEZ-Being Born speaks in so many ways to me. It for some reason reminds me of someone trying to save someones else`s life,like a car wreck happened and they are trying to save the person...I`m weird. :huh:

I just really love the song,it grabs you and pulls you in...

The Fez-Being Born and White As Snow combination is a classic U2 back to back combo, akin to One Tree Hill and Exit... in terms of latter half hidden gems.

It should have opened the album.
It should have also set the tone for the album.
i have a feeling there is a great version of this album but they didn't have the balls to release it so we got the safe version with some pop songs on it.

Why is not the opening track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this song is the best for me :applaud: could have fit zooroopa perfectly instead of babyface

I actually wish the FEZ part was longer. This will be a great song live.

Word. The FEZ part is sensational, Eno at his best. They could do some really interesting things with this live... I hope they are brave with these songs on the road....:hmm:

It should have opened the album.
It should have also set the tone for the album.
i have a feeling there is a great version of this album but they didn't have the balls to release it so we got the safe version with some pop songs on it.

so this version isn't great? :giggle:

I haven't even heard the album yet, but damn....this sounds desperate. Did it ever occur to you that maybe this time, just fucking MAYBE, it's not the case of "U2 didn't have enough balls to release......." ???? :rolleyes:

I half agree with this but I would change "great" with "more experimental".

I think we will hear more of this stuff over the next 12 months. We have Linear, and we have a possible follow up soon. Normally I would dismiss follow up talk as rubbish but this time I think they could...

Okay guys and gals; Day 3 here with the new album and although Magnificent is the best song in the history of music, it is the album's "little engine that could" FEZ-BEING BORN, that is stuck in my head! I love the start of Being Born when Bono comes in with his ohhhh. I really hope they take this song live. Can you imagine that part live?

This song is really powerful, visceral, and emotive.

in Being Born, Bono sounds like he is wailing in pain.

I think it is the soundtrack to a bad motorcycle accident. While listening closer to the lyrics, I was reminded of the cover to linear, the burning motorcycle and the article from months ago about Corbijn shooting footage of a man and a motorcycle.

African sun, at last...

This is quickly turning into my favourite song on the album. I get chills at 1:32. Chills. It sounds so fucking good. People have been complaining about Bono's wailing on the album, but I think it often adds to the music -- especially in Being Born.

FEZ-Being Born speaks in so many ways to me. It for some reason reminds me of someone trying to save someones else`s life,like a car wreck happened and they are trying to save the person...I`m weird. :huh:

I actually get the same vibe from the song, I can see this song being a perfect addition to a soundtrack. I'm having a hard time giving the rest of the album an equal listen because I keep going back to F-BB. Fez-Being Born, Magnificent, and MOS are definitely secured as my top 3 favorites. :up:

I like this song and it is in the same key as Tripoli was on the Fez video with Bono singing and playing guitar while Daniel Lanois was clapping along.So I believe this is Tripoli just retitled and in a different form.Cool to bring back that experimental vibe.:up:

great!

Really like this song. Feels like bit underrated among the others on the album. But really this sounds so different, wish this is the way U2 will continue. Really deep and interesting sound...

I actually get the same vibe from the song, I can see this song being a perfect addition to a soundtrack. I'm having a hard time giving the rest of the album an equal listen because I keep going back to F-BB. Fez-Being Born, Magnificent, and MOS are definitely secured as my top 3 favorites. :up:

Mine too,except it`s just under Magnificent. I`m glad to see I wasn`t the only one that got that feeling,I mean seriously. It gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it,it has this kind of creepy vibe to it as well,but it changes into something different with every second. It is just an overall awesome song,it was just waiting to be born :wink:

Back
Top Bottom