FEZ-Being Born appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
astounding... it travels and moves beautifully... nice pace and rhythms...

Everything I wanted it to be. Outstanding.
If there's more of this kind of stuff on Linear i'll be making my own tracklisting!

In my opinion, this is the best U2 song of the decade. :up:

I really hope we hear the other experimental stuff that Eno said the band left off the album now. :drool:

I really, really hope so as well. There are a few snippets of songs that didn't make the cut in those U2.com clips that are very intriguing.

This is incredible. I think it's by far the best thing they've done since TGBH and Stateless. It's just so beautiful and strange. It reminds me a lot of One Minute Warning.

Good God. That snippet cannot possibly be Tripoli.

This will be my definitive "why Tripoli and Fez/Being Born must be the same song"-post.

TRIPOLI AND FEZ/BEING BORN IS THE SAME SONG

Look at the descriptions for Tripoli:

"This strikingly experimental song lurches between disparate styles, including near-operatic choral music, Zooropa-style electronics, and churning arena rock."

"And the ambitious possible album opener "Tripoli," which violently lurches between different sections."

"Bono talks about a song called Tripoli which is a guy on a motorcycle, a Moraccan french cop, whos going AWOL. He drives though France and Spain down to this village outside of Cadiz where you can actually see the fires of Africa burning."

Please note the last one. Now read the lyrics for Fez/Being Born:

Six o´clock
On the autoroute
Burning rubber, burning chrome
Bay of Cadiz and ferry home
Atlantic sea cut glass
African sun at last

Lights... flash past...
Like memories
A speeding head, a speeding heart
I´m being born, a bleeding start
The engines roar, blood curling wail
Head first then foot
The heart sets sail

It should be obvious by now.

Chromium Chords -> Tripoli -> Fez/Being Born

So what your saying is that Fez=Being Born is Tripoli but just not in the form that Bono was playing on guitar in the Here Is What Is trailer.Remember the first descriptions from a journalist that rode in a car with Bono and Edge and heard the song NLOTH.He mentioned he also heard another untitled song that started with the lyrics"Its Six O'clock".I guess that must have been Chromium Chords>Tripoli>Fez/Being Born.

This is incredible. I think it's by far the best thing they've done since TGBH and Stateless. It's just so beautiful and strange. It reminds me a lot of One Minute Warning.

I'm glad I am not the only one who recognizes Stateless as one of their best as of late.

I agree with everything in this post actually.

I'm glad I am not the only one who recognizes Stateless as one of their best as of late.

I agree with everything in this post actually.

There's certain parts of Stateless that are so otherworldly I still haven't quite figured it out. After all these years it's a song I still return to and enjoy again and again.

I'm honestly in a daze. I didn't think U2 still had it in them to create something as extraordinary as Fez. It's like the last nine years never happened. Gotta love Eno.

I'm honestly in a daze. I didn't think U2 still had it in them to create something as extraordinary as Fez. It's like the last nine years never happened. Gotta love Eno.

:up: this song is just so great, and it seals the deal on this album being great, imo. 10 years from now i will probably remember this album as the album that has Fez-Being Born on it, along with other great tunes too, of course. :wink:

There's certain parts of Stateless that are so otherworldly I still haven't quite figured it out. After all these years it's a song I still return to and enjoy again and again.

Stateless was my favorite track on the M$H soundtrack and, IMO, is better than anything they've done up until this album.

I just don't understand why the save much of their best stuff for outside projects.

I'm not your baby is also a favorite. I knew they had it in them.

Stateless was my favorite track on the M$H soundtrack and, IMO, is better than anything they've done up until this album.

I always thought this song picked up where UF left off. Had it not been for Live Aid they might have continued the experimentation instead of capitalizing on the attention they had gained.

Although, I think JT focused the sounds gained from UF into traditional songs and that's great too.

Does anyone think this song could have opened the album?

Fez-Being Born
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Crazy Tonight
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy
White As Snow
Breathe
Cedars of Lebanon

BTW, I should properly clarify my statement in case anyone misinterpreted it. I meant that Stateless is better than anything between M$H and this album. Don't want to imply that I think it's better than everything that comes before it.

Stateless is a fantastic innovative song.With this being a Fez=Being Born appreciation thread I think we'd better get back on that topic before someone comes and says go post on the Stateless appreciation thread.LOL.

I'm still not happy with the transition of part 1 and part 2, I don't see the need of part 1, but Being Born is amazing, I totally love that song, it has an almost surreal UF feeling to it. Love the minimalistic lyrics and singing, the mood and atmosphere it conveys, and the sound of the motorcycle faintly in the background. Great tune, innovative and atmospheric. :up:

the transition is kinda weird though---but Being Born is such a U2 song, minimalistic parts, the bass and guitar section.... Then the singing--it gives me the chills

:drool:
:up:

I'm still not happy with the transition of part 1 and part 2, I don't see the need of part 1, but Being Born is amazing, I totally love that song, it has an almost surreal UF feeling to it. Love the minimalistic lyrics and singing, the mood and atmosphere it conveys, and the sound of the motorcycle faintly in the background. Great tune, innovative and atmospheric. :up:

i look at part 1 in the same light as the first 1:45 of Zooropa....not necessary, but if it wasn't there, i think i'd miss it. i also wonder if we'll hear an extended version down the road or maybe on "Linear".

Back
Top Bottom