Favourite unused titles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
Which song titles intrigue you the most out of those rumoured to be U2 songs, but never saw the light of day?

Mine would be:

Where The Shadows Fall
Sarcophagus
Civilisation

I am aware that many songs become other songs, but I'm just purely talking titles here.

Which song titles intrigue you the most out of those rumoured to be U2 songs, but never saw the light of day?

Mine would be:

Where The Shadows Fall
Sarcophagus
Civilisation

I am aware that many songs become other songs, but I'm just purely talking titles here.

Where Shadows Fall may still see the light of day. But I think it'll be sung by Willie Nelson. It's attached to the movie Waiting for the Miracle to Come, which has been stuck in development hell for a couple of years.

I like Super City Mania. Sounds like an obscure long forgotten video game from the 90s.

I like Super City Mania. Sounds like an obscure long forgotten video game from the 90s.

Pretty sure it was Motor City Mania. I have the newspaper clipping from 96 about them making the album in my Pop case. I'll dog it out tomorrow, there were a bunch of great titles. I think Mofo was MFRR.

super city mania it was! there were also tracks called "Be There" and "Hymn To The Universe." I wonder what those songs became.

How did U2 not get a Parental Advisory sticker for Pop, anyway? Mofo is filled with cusses.

super city mania it was! there were also tracks called "Be There" and "Hymn To The Universe." I wonder what those songs became.

How did U2 not get a Parental Advisory sticker for Pop, anyway? Mofo is filled with cusses.
It's not.

Wake Up Dead Man contains the only curse on the album, unless you count a mumbled potential "fuck yea" at the end of MoFo.

We obviously all know what MoFo stands for, but he says "sucking" most of the time on the album cut.

I believe there's a remix where the sucking is replaced with fucking (hiyoooooo) but on the album it's sucking.

I remember reading here that Super City Mania was/became Miami

Last edited:

Be There could, possibly, be related to the eighties demo of that name. They do keep around ideas for a long time, after all.

This, I believe, was recorded in 1982 (there are sometimes suggestions it was a little later, but 1982 seems to stack up):

Hymn to the Universe (also referred to as Hymn to Mr. Universe) got a lyric re-write and became Playboy Mansion, if I'm correctly recalling.

Where Shadows Fall may still see the light of day. But I think it'll be sung by Willie Nelson. It's attached to the movie Waiting for the Miracle to Come, which has been stuck in development hell for a couple of years.

Technically, "development hell" is a phrase usually reserved for projects that never make it out of the script stage. "Waiting for the Miracle to Come" was actually filmed (a friend was in it); it seems however to be suffering the fate of a lot of independent films that get made but never released. Still, I'm surprised Netflix hasn't picked it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom