[FAKE] 30 second clip of No line on the horizon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think this clip is NEW music from NLOTH?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude your arguments are legit and everything, but I'm a musician with a trained ear and I'm telling you, unless they found the exact gear that the Edge used and a bass guitarist with Adam's playing style, I think that's a U2 song.

I could obviously be wrong, but it sounds very U2 imo.

Yeah, my bf is a professional musician (and even played in a U2 tribute) and swears this is U2.

So, can we step back and look at everything for a moment?

We don't have even 30 seconds of Get On Your Boots.
U2's CD is over a month away from coming out.
Everything has been extremely tight security wise with the record.
U2.com haven't posted any clips (Like they did with ATYCLB) so it's not a rip from there

So, before we've even heard the first single in any sort of decent quality at all in any time duration, we expect this, 30 Bono-less second clip of what sounds like U2 to be "No Line on the Horizon", or better yet, Unknown Caller which doesn't sound remotely like it from the beach clip? I mean come on...

I absolutely agree with your common sense approach.

All I will say is that there are two very real possibilities to explain it.

a) journos were fed 30-second clips of all the songs just before xmas.

b) U2 may be planning to release the 30 second clips online, and someone has hacked the site (as with the q mini-site)

The more I listen to it, I'm also hearing more and more of what Bill Flanagan described in ATEOTW, how Larry is very precise, and nails each beat right on, militantly, while Adam kind of slides into the last possible moment for each beat...which is part of what creates that full, textured sound to the rhythm section.

I could buy a guitarist managing--after a lot of work--to get his setup sounding a lot like the Edge's, but that specific rapport between the rhythm section...that's a lot harder to duplicate.

that's a valid point. While I still think it's fake, I really dig the drums.

we'll see. I just don't understand where it came from...if Bono was in the clip it would be easy to identify, but since he's not, I'm thinking it's just a band trying to sound like U2.

Guitar tone can be a pretty expensive thing to duplicate. I don't think this would be a prank due to the amount of money it would cost.

Anyone who thinks this is U2 doesn't truly know the band. This clip is a FAKE.

I've been listening to this band almost daily for 7 years. It sounds pretty damn close to U2 to me. If it's not, then whoever this band is deserves a pat on the back for mimicking everything about their sound almost perfectly.

And the drums on this clip don't sound like anything they've done on their last couple albums and from what we heard the drums really do stand out on tis album. Count me as a believer :yes:

don't really know if i believe, but it does sound real to me....i will hold any judgement until i hear vocals

b) U2 may be planning to release the 30 second clips online, and someone has hacked the site (as with the q mini-site)

Exactly the two things i were thinking!

OMG!!! I went for a nap and then i come back and there is this 30 sec clip!!!

I know it's impossible to say that is U2 but sound very, very fucking good! And it sounds very much like U2. One thing that makes me doubt it is the drums, which are much quicker than Larry uses to play, especially the first seconds...

Anyway it's so refreshing and U2-like at the same time!

True!! :lol:

It doesn't? :huh: To me that's exactly what it sounds like.

Agree. It sounds like a mix between Please and TGBHF as someone else noted. It's reminiscent of something else ("trademark U2), which still makes me hope it's a fake.... Anyway, the good thing about it: There's a good flow :up:

a) why before christmas? Why wouldn't they have leaked then?

b) this is a more likely story. anyone want to try to hack the site? :wink:

I just listened to this. To me it doesn't sound like U2. I mean it sounds U2-ish.....but there's something about the 30-seconds that makes me think it's not from the new album, and I can't put my finger on it.

Guitar tone can be a pretty expensive thing to duplicate. I don't think this would be a prank due to the amount of money it would cost.

true, but if someone is a big Edge fan they could have been investing money in it for a long time. I bought an Explorer because of The Edge, it's an expensive guitar...:wink:

If it's not U2, it's a damn good fake. The recording quality & mix sounds pro, and no self-respecting pro-level band would imitate U2 so closely, therefore I'd be surprised if it wasn't the real thing. Though without vocals it's still up for debate...:hmm:

this is u2 by numbers and i am expecting better from this new CD - this sounds like trademark u2 so really hope it isn't Mike
While it's not exactly U2 by numbers, it's pretty close, and if the band were to "accidentally" let a 30 second clip(which they would have to do in order for this to be out there) leak I would think it would be something a little more experimental.

Why was he listing those days in februrary?

And I think it's awful convenient that he leaked a clip with no vocals.

And it doesn't sound like what the reviewers have been saying. It's not very experimental.

This is fake!!!

OMG!!! I went for a nap and then i come back and there is this 30 sec clip!!!

I know it's impossible to say that is U2 but sound very, very fucking good! And it sounds very much like U2. One thing that makes me doubt it is the drums, which are much quicker than Larry uses to play, especially the first seconds...

Anyway it's so refreshing and U2-like at the same time!

The drums to me sound very similar to the pre-chorus instrumental bit in the saints are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom