Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, it was about the 2003 version of Bomb, maybe with Native Son, Xanax and Wine and alternative version of Sometimes and ABOY it would be true :shrug:

I don't see how the alt. versions of Sometimes or ABOY qualify as punk rock.
Maybe the Venusians have a different style.

ok, just a quick thought on the album title-

I'm 44 and a 28 year fan so, tongue in cheek I go :)

Let's only hope that it doesn't stand for:

NLOTH

Nothing Left, Old, Tired, Haggered
Not Like Our Top Hits
Nothing Larry Obviously Takes Home
Never Let Oldman Time Hangya!

yes, tired of the beach clips and larry's snare drum...
forced into acronym thoughts...:doh:

Clip #4 could be the OOTS of this album. Even the chord sequence is similar :up:
I've been strumming along with the edge in edgeback.swf part II. Looking forward to this one the most.

ben beach clips reveiw

hi aLL
This is how I see it
Clip #1 4:33
Hold onto love ....my Heart very emotional ballad

Clip #2 3:19
Sounds like fast cars ,,,you don't know you don't care ...sexy boots ..

Clip#3 4:06
rapping angrily "would you?" .....people hear the sound he songs are in their eyes ...walk out into the street with your heart out this love will never be & the songs are in their eyes ...I can breathe"....almost like a walk on
maybe a person coming home from war ...great sound !!!!

Clip #4 4:00 "shout it out ..envy vanity honesty" ...reminds me ..of stuck in a moment

All clips are really good ...Same old edge sound solos (walk on) etc...but better bass Drums & bono voice is back with a vengence hitting a lot of good notes nice melodies I think we have a keeper !!!!!

Friend at a certain record co says album showing release date 4th quarter of this year ...so were really close !!!! horray for all of us

Im still really enjoying clip 4 after all this time. I'm very wary of deciding the worth of a song by a barely-audible Beach Clip.... but I actually enjoy listening to the song just for the sake of listening to it. Even if the rest of the record ends up being mediocre, this song still sounds like a classic. I can't wait for the single / studio version.

Can i just ask.... why are there so many new people signing up just to whine about what these new clips sound like?

get over it, find another band.

While not the most cordial of statements, I have noticed the same thing. It seems people with under 200 total posts (many with under 100) have the most vociferous comments.

The oddity is that there are plenty of clunkers on JT and AB and any other U2 album. So why anyone would want another JT or AB or "Pop" or anything else is peculiar.

What I like about U2 I like a LOT - and this is why they have remained my favorite band for so long. Their good heavily outweighs the bad - but there is "bad" and that's perfectly acceptable.

This is why I think most of the long-time members here are waiting for the actual songs - not beach clips - to comment. We aren't ready to judge anything based on noisy clips. :)

A discussion is much like a battery: it needs a positive and a negative.

If we all just got on here and said "Yea! The new stuff sounds great!" then this board would be awfully boring, wouldn't it?

That said, I actually like the new songs. It's not the "brave new direction" I've been hearing about (based off these clips that is; the finished product could be much different). But I still like it.

That said, I don't like Clip 4. It's boring to me. It sounds borderline cheesy and too....positive. I'm a much bigger fan of Clips 1 and 2, which get me so excited everytime I hear them. But others on here have Clip 4 listed as the next great U2 classic. But that's cool; I like that. I like hearing others opinions on why they do and don't like certain things about the songs. It makes me hear the tunes in a different way. Even when I don't agree.

I forgot to add one thing:

Forget what I said about me enjoying other's opinions, even if I don't agree.

A "clunker" on Achtung Baby?!?!?!

Blasphemy. :wink:

hi aLL
Clip #2 3:19
Sounds like fast cars ,,,you don't know you don't care ...sexy boots ..

Clip#3 4:06
rapping angrily "would you?" .....people hear the sound he songs are in their eyes ...walk out into the street with your heart out this love will never be & the songs are in their eyes ...I can breathe"....almost like a walk on
maybe a person coming home from war ...great sound !!!!

You confused clips 2 and 3. Apart from that, I mostly agree.

Originally Posted by KUEFC09U2
Can i just ask.... why are there so many new people signing up just to whine about what these new clips sound like?

get over it, find another band.

While not the most cordial of statements, I have noticed the same thing. It seems people with under 200 total posts (many with under 100) have the most vociferous comments.

The oddity is that there are plenty of clunkers on JT and AB and any other U2 album. So why anyone would want another JT or AB or "Pop" or anything else is peculiar.

What I like about U2 I like a LOT - and this is why they have remained my favorite band for so long. Their good heavily outweighs the bad - but there is "bad" and that's perfectly acceptable.

This is why I think most of the long-time members here are waiting for the actual songs - not beach clips - to comment. We aren't ready to judge anything based on noisy clips. :)

So how many posts does it take before my comments gain any kind of validity!? I've been a fan of U2 since, as a ten year old boy, I was subjected to fifteen odd weeks of Bryan Adams at number one in the UK. Then, like an exocet missile, The Fly burst my ear drums and opened me up to a whole other world of music. Seventeen years on I'm as big a fan of U2 as ever, and, this being my first new album build-up where I've had the opportunity/time to share in the excitement and speculation, I thought I would join an online community of like-minded people. However, these comments come across as smug and elitist, and go against the welcoming and all-embracing nature and spirit of U2. Hopefully the majority of members don't share the same view.

Oh, and "plenty of clunkers" on Achtung Baby!?!

agree 100%. just because you may have spent way too much of your lives posting on the web, doesn't make you a more eager fan. Lastnameonearth makes a solid point.
I saw the boys at Toads Place in CT in 79, does that make me a biggger fan than you mr 20,791 poster??? I think not, nor do I compete for that!

We all want new tunes, wether you fell in love with 11 O'clock Tick Tock or Vertigo!!!!

So how many posts does it take before my comments gain any kind of validity!? I've been a fan of U2 since, as a ten year old boy, I was subjected to fifteen odd weeks of Bryan Adams at number one in the UK. Then, like an exocet missile, The Fly burst my ear drums and opened me up to a whole other world of music. Seventeen years on I'm as big a fan of U2 as ever, and, this being my first new album build-up where I've had the opportunity/time to share in the excitement and speculation, I thought I would join an online community of like-minded people. However, these comments come across as smug and elitist, and go against the welcoming and all-embracing nature and spirit of U2. Hopefully the majority of members don't share the same view.

Oh, and "plenty of clunkers" on Achtung Baby!?!

not all of us have time to post 4000 times. I've been a member for about 8 years. :)

I think Tracks 1 and 4 are going to be great no matter what. I think track 2 is going to depend a bit on the mix in the chorus. I love the new verse style Bono's got going on, but the chorus could be a deal-breaker, especially with the lyrics. However, the thing that has me optimistic about this one is the almost gospel-y background vocals here: listening to it on headphones really makes me appreciate the Edge, Lanois, etc. vocals (they really kick in during the 2nd chorus). I think track 3 is interesting and kinda catchy, but definitely more of an "empty" U2 track a la ABOY and Elevation and not the emotional psych-bender of a Bad (which track 4 sounds like it could be, and maybe track 1). Track 5 I can't form much of opinion about, but I sit up straight every time Bono comes in with "Baby, baby, baby!". That delivery just sounds great. I also like that this song along with a couple others are pushing this album more into psych pop/rock territory.

Edit: although I use the negative term "empty", I love a good U2 rocker for driving down the highway, so this song certainly has a place on the album as long as it is balanced by other song types (which certainly seems to be the case here).

If we haven't yet heard No Line or MOS, I don't feel silly about predicting true greatness from this record. The pieces would be there. We'll see how they fit together in the end.

Well, generally, a lot of people forget that they too were once newbies and that everybody has to start somewhere. :wink: With thousands of members here and multiple forums with numerous threads, it's easy for a new person to feel like they are lost in the shuffle. This is my advice for new people:

1. Feel free to post, but do lots of reading first to get a feel for things. Give yourself some time to settle in.

2. No, you don't have to be a superfan who loves every single thing about U2 and has nothing negative to say...but we are hoping you signed up at this board because you LIKE the band. Therefore, it would be helpful if your first posts here focus more on the positive and less on the negative. To clarify, that is not directed at you personally...this is just newbie advice in general, as I have seen newbies who don't take long to start ripping into the band. That generally doesn't go over well, as it makes people wonder why the heck you signed up and makes it look like you'll be a troublemaker.

3. When you do eventually decide to express any negative opinions related to the band, at least present your opinion intelligently and calmly. You are more likely to open up the topic to a healthy debate, as opposed to a flame war.

4. Yes, you will encounter some smug and elitist people. But just remember what I said before...there are thousands of members here. Don't let a few people who rub you the wrong way get the best of you. There are lots of other folks here to have nice communication with.

5. Just keep participating and having fun. :)

slightly off topic, but speaking of Italy, how cool were Bono's Pavarotti parts one the last tour during Miss S...
One of my hopes for the new album is we get to hear some of that B power!
don't think i heard much vocal power reach on the beach clips...although i really couldn't listen to them this time-getting old and the background stuff is too distracting-

Hi!!! This my second post ever! I've been around here since ever, like 6 year ago or more... Regarding the clips, i've been listening the Walk Out clip more often than the others, i think it will be a great song. I don't know if someone already mentioned here, but i almost sure that the song starts with the lyrics "Fifthteen the june", then there is the much talked sixteen the june in the second part. So maybe is like a narrative type song. Or at least is something more inconformist, with shades of Like a song or something like that. Sorry folks, but i'm just excited that now i can participate after many many years just reading. I don't know what happened, but with my previous account i wasn't able to post. Not enough privileges.

Hello BoyOnTheHorizon!:wave:
Welcome to interference.

To get slightly off-topic are you a member on the Ultra-Violet message boards as well?
If so, do you know anything about the three clips recorded by it's members in June outside Hanover Quay? I'd really like to know more about those recordings - two of Larry drumming and one of really bad quality supposed to be Moment of Surrender.

Hello BoyOnTheHorizon!:wave:
Welcome to interference.

To get slightly off-topic are you a member on the Ultra-Violet message boards as well?
If so, do you know anything about the three clips recorded by it's members in June outside Hanover Quay? I'd really like to know more about those recordings - two of Larry drumming and one of really bad quality supposed to be Moment of Surrender.

Acctually i am. But i dont know anything about other clips. I'm gonna dig over there and get back on you later...

Back
Top Bottom