Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah,, that's clip 1.

x3

I would personally rank the clips:

1. Clip 1 (5/5)
2. Clip 2 (4.5/5)
3. Clip 4 (4.5/5)
4. Clip 3 (4/5)
5. Clip 5 (3/5)

They've actually grown on me quite a bit. I enjoyed all of them from the start, but after giving them a week or so, I love them. If only U2 could get 402 from the 2006 clips and Mercy on the album, we would have a classic on our hands.

Have heard (and love) the first four clips but haven´t listened to the fifth one yet (gonna save that until the album comes) , my favorite is number 4 followed by the other 3 which I think are as good as each other:applaud:Going to be a fantasic November when we all get to hear all the songs!

In my opinion, clip 2 is the best. Someone mentioned a Doves-ish sound. I agree. It's irresistible.

I think 4 has some spine-chilling Bono vocals and it sounds like a middle-80s Smiths or Roxy Music thing. I like it a lot, but I don't hear a single.

I think clip 1 is the most interesting thing I've heard them do in a while. Since it has such a simple chant-like structure, the appeal of this one will depend heavily on what they're saying with the words and the impact they have.

Clip 3. Can't wait to crank this one up. My fear is that it's another Because of You, which I hated, or Discotheque, which got old fast. But it sounds tighter and more complete than those songs.

Clip 5. I think this one will be far better than anyone's thinking. It sounds like we're missing the first half of the song. If that's the case, if the "Woh oh ohs" on this just flavor the song at the end and do not define the song throughout, then I think this could be the best of them all. You're gonna laugh but I hear a One-like quality to it.

The anticipation is building we are only a few short months away from hearing the entire album....and Chris Martin, tossing and turning in his bed thinking about how great it is.

slightly off topic...but someone mentioned the song Mercy. I've tried and tried, but I just can't change my opinion on that song...best U2 B-SIDE ever...in no way is it a song that belongs on an album though. I just don't see the hype.

Sorry, not trying to go off topic...but I just had to throw that out there.

I'm also wondering if any of these leaked beach clips are similar B-side material that won't be on the album.

It's really cool to see how so many different people are calling clip 1,2,3 or 4 their favorite...so far it seems like we might be in for a classic! :up:

I find it hilarious that people think NLOTH can be any of these tracks :wink:

Well we don't know for sure...but if indeed none of these clips are NLOTH then that's a good thing right? And just think, if none of these tracks are MOS....ohhhh shit that would be awesome :up: What a great record this could be :hyper:

I'm interested in those two songs mentioned in another thread that are supposed to be 6 minutes in length each as well. Judging from that, and clips 1, 2, and 4, this album is going to carry some sonic weight and have some epic qualities that haven't really been present in U2's sound (with the odd exception) since Pop.

Well we don't know for sure...but if indeed none of these clips are NLOTH then that's a good thing right? And just think, if none of these tracks are MOS....ohhhh shit that would be awesome :up: What a great record this could be :hyper:

I believe we've already somewhat confirmed that none of these are MOS. But people don't like to acknowledge that. Or maybe I'm totally making that up. But I could have sworn people present at the beach when this recording took place said that none of these were MOS or whatever.

I believe we've already somewhat confirmed that none of these are MOS. But people don't like to acknowledge that. Or maybe I'm totally making that up. But I could have sworn people present at the beach when this recording took place said that none of these were MOS or whatever.

yeah people on the beach did said they were sure none of these clips were MOS, but that's meaningless...they know just as much as us, unless they actually talked to someone close to the band...people seem pretty sure that Bono is singing "surrender" in one of the clips which doesn't necessarily mean it's MOS, but certainly makes it seem like more of a possibility...

Someone mentioned those 2 songs that fans recorded and said were over 6 minutes long...I'm also interested in those...I'm surprised those recordings haven't surfaced....or maybe that was just bs :hmm:

I would love nothing more than for not one of these songs to be titled "No Line On The Horizon", "Sexy Boots", or "Moment of Surrender", just to kill all this unending speculation and hype.

I'm most excited for clip 1, by the way. Still not quite "feeling" clip 4, which seems to be the popular favorite around here. That one sounds a little "stock" to me, whereas the group chorus for clip 1 just makes me downright giddy.

yeah people on the beach did said they were sure none of these clips were MOS, but that's meaningless...they know just as much as us, unless they actually talked to someone close to the band...people seem pretty sure that Bono is singing "surrender" in one of the clips which doesn't necessarily mean it's MOS, but certainly makes it seem like more of a possibility...

Someone mentioned those 2 songs that fans recorded and said were over 6 minutes long...I'm also interested in those...I'm surprised those recordings haven't surfaced....or maybe that was just bs :hmm:

I'm simply just curious here (and probably a bit naive because I didn't hear any of the clips)...but how the heck does anyone know whether or not any of the songs are or are not any of the reported song titles????

Aren't the clips supposedly barely audible and most of the lyrics muddled and unrecognizable? I'm just asking...because it seems really odd to me that Bono would go around playing a bunch of these clips over and over again by himself at home and to his friends at a party if they weren't the best songs on the album.

If you remember back when the HTDAAB clips came out, Bono did they same exact thing and the songs he leaked were: Vertigo, Miracle Drug, All Because of You, and Love and Peace (basically some of his fav songs on the album outside of SYCMIOYO and OOTS)

So if two of the songs that have been continously mentioned in articles and interviews (MOS and NLOTH) are supposed to be so good and so classic, then why the hell would Bono be playing all of the OTHER songs and not THOSE songs? If they are that amazing wouldn't he be playing THOSE songs over and over and over again???? I'm just asking, because it seems to me that the people who have heard these newest clips are totally disregarding that very obvious fact.

I haven't heard the clips, and probably won't because I think the last album's beach clips ruined the songs for me in some weird way. It doesn't make me better than anyone else by any means....I'm probably the only idiot who hasn't heard them :wink: That being said...I just don't see how these newest clips aren't in some way shape or form MOS or NLOTH or both.

Any thoughts?

I'm simply just curious here (and probably a bit naive because I didn't hear any of the clips)...but how the heck does anyone know whether or not any of the songs are or are not any of the reported song titles????

Aren't the clips supposedly barely audible and most of the lyrics muddled and unrecognizable? I'm just asking...because it seems really odd to me that Bono would go around playing a bunch of these clips over and over again by himself at home and to his friends at a party if they weren't the best songs on the album.

If you remember back when the HTDAAB clips came out, Bono did they same exact thing and the songs he leaked were: Vertigo, Miracle Drug, All Because of You, and Love and Peace (basically some of his fav songs on the album outside of SYCMIOYO and OOTS)

So if two of the songs that have been continously mentioned in articles and interviews (MOS and NLOTH) are supposed to be so good and so classic, then why the hell would Bono be playing all of the OTHER songs and not THOSE songs? If they are that amazing wouldn't he be playing THOSE songs over and over and over again???? I'm just asking, because it seems to me that the people who have heard these newest clips are totally disregarding that very obvious fact.

I haven't heard the clips, and probably won't because I think the last album's beach clips ruined the songs for me in some weird way. It doesn't make me better than anyone else by any means....I'm probably the only idiot who hasn't heard them :wink: That being said...I just don't see how these newest clips aren't in some way shape or form MOS or NLOTH or both.

Any thoughts?

A very respected poster on U2achtung who heard MOS while at Eze stated that it wasn't one of the beach clips. :shrug:

A very respected poster on U2achtung who heard MOS while at Eze stated that it wasn't one of the beach clips. :shrug:

What about NLOTH?

Has anyone mapped out the supposed lyrics to any of the songs?

Are there any audible lyrics on any of the recordings? I keep reading that people can hear melodies, but that the words are muffled.

Alright where do I begin...

Clip 1: Love it to bits, love the bass in the start in the recording, I like the chorus as well, well sung in a group then in the outro Edge gets into a memorable solo.

Clip 3: I'm pretty sure this one is Sexy Boots, in the chorus you can barely hear Bono singing "Sexy Boots, yeah!". The riff is quite catchy and innovative, I can just imagine Edge doing this little dance while playing that riff live. imo it should be the album opener/concert opener, Because I think the song might not be well received by the public if it is released as the lead single. Exciting song nonetheless.

Clip 5: It is a bit hard to hear though sounds like a decent melody.

I haven't downloaded the rest.

Overall, I am really excited. :hyper:

Clip 2 is a slightly reworked and better of that WOITS clip some months back. :applaud:

You kiddin ? the public will dig sexy boots. Its not too heavy for the public to accept.

Vlad, you're missing out on the best of the bunch...clip 4 is an understated, atmospheric trance ballad with a killer hook displaying Bono at full power.

And there's a nice little bridge that takes its time, shows off a little slide guitar, and adds in some low, mumbly, and morose la-la-las.

Back
Top Bottom