Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C'mon now man, are you really going to take THAT argument?

Seriously, this is a discussion website where people talk about various ideas, opinions, and experiences revolving around the band U2. This isn't Jeopardy!

We all know this stuff is merely opinion. To sit there on a tall pedastal and preach the obvious is no better than those who ignore the obvious or are just trying to be a "homer" and illicit responses like the one you gave.

Its all opinions. We get that. Now lets get back to the speculation party! :applaud:

Thank you.
Seriously.:up:

From the clips you can hear the structure of the songs but not the details. The details in a song can make it or break it. If for example we had a beach clip from "the fly" it wouldn't sound nearly as good as the clean version. You couldn't hear the awesome drumming, the haunting organ/keyboard sequence, the little techno stuff etc. The problem with the beach clips is that they sound so muffled that you can hear the direction and the structure of the songs but I would wait till something more audible comes along before passing judgement. I find the clips very interesting and promising but that is really the only sensible thing I can say about them.

This is a better representation of my thoughts...not saying that they are not good but to call them "perfect" please...if they are perfect please give us the lyrics and meaning of each song.

I think its interesting that these clips have so completely split opinions over whether or not you can actually form worthwhile opinions about their quality. I'm definitely of the opinion that the recordings are actually pretty clear and complete and you can definitely form opinions on the songs already. I love high quality production as much as the next guy, but you can't tell me that I don't love the bejesus out of track 4 already because its poor quality. Because i listen to that clip multiple times daily...just out of pure enjoyment. I *know* that song is the real deal.

I think its interesting that these clips have so completely split opinions over whether or not you can actually form worthwhile opinions about their quality. I'm definitely of the opinion that the recordings are actually pretty clear and complete and you can definitely form opinions on the songs already. I love high quality production as much as the next guy, but you can't tell me that I don't love the bejesus out of track 4 already because its poor quality. Because i listen to that clip multiple times daily...just out of pure enjoyment. I *know* that song is the real deal.

We've heard worse quality clips, and when you listen to them a number of times you can hear more detail. Especially on Sexy Boots.

We've heard worse quality clips, and when you listen to them a number of times you can hear more detail. Especially on Sexy Boots.

Yeah, I just listened to them all again with the equalizer trick someone mentioned a few days ago...and they are pretty clear. You can make out a bunch of lyrics in track 2 also. These are infinitely more clear than the HTDAAB clips.

I feel much better reading you guys. After my training with previous beach clips, I can totally hear the songs. Doesn't mean I won't like them in a different way (or dislike them) when I hear the finished product, but this is a real leak for those who want it to be.

Doesn't mean I won't like them in a different way (or dislike them) when I hear the finished product, but this is a real leak for those who want it to be.

I wouldn't go that far, but parts are pretty clear, yes. The folks who think it just sounds like a bunch of noise must not have very good equipment to listen to the tracks with.

I mean seriously, do they really have no clue? The biggest band in the world that employs more people than Starbucks

You're joking right? Starbucks has 172,000 employees. U2 with that many? Man that would be something, haha. :)

Yeah, I just listened to them all again with the equalizer trick someone mentioned a few days ago...and they are pretty clear. You can make out a bunch of lyrics in track 2 also. These are infinitely more clear than the HTDAAB clips.

Quat equalizer do I have to use?
What do I have to do to make the sound clearer?

Thanks!

I wouldn't go that far, but parts are pretty clear, yes. The folks who think it just sounds like a bunch of noise must not have very good equipment to listen to the tracks with.
Wait till you hear the clean version of the songs. I think you will be surprised how different they sound from these beach clips. My equipment is not bad at all but the difference between a muffled recording and a clear recording is like night and day. But I am glad people are already enjoying the clips. That means hopefully that they will like the real deal even more.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was me.

For those curious, set the equalizer right in the middle, and raise 4K up to the very top. I'm sure any equalizer will do.

I've been listening to these clips...and I'm about 99% sure that in clip 3 at least once they are indeed singing "sexy boots" and maybe "sexy boots, yeah" ...I'm sort of happy that it's "sexy boots" and and not some stupid clunky painful-to-say type of phrase like "get in your boots" (the rumored alternative lyric/title) ...BUT...I still don't like the phrase "sexy boots" ....I don't exactly know why...I still can't put my finger on it...there is just something about that phrase that doesn't go with U2...but maybe it's simply I am not used to it yet...who knows... :shrug:

I really think that on this new record...the lyrics are going to be my biggest concern...I'll be praying while I listen to it that we don't hear awkward cliches that are painful to hear....I think the melodies on the album will be strong, but could potentially be ruined by questionable lyrics...:pray:

Wait till you hear the clean version of the songs. I think you will be surprised how different they sound from these beach clips. My equipment is not bad at all but the difference between a muffled recording and a clear recording is like night and day. But I am glad people are already enjoying the clips. That means hopefully that they will like the real deal even more.

I'm very aware that the difference will be "night and day" regarding sound quality. However, my point was just that the quality is good enough to form solid opinions about the songs. Many have stated that it is impossible to get anything out of these clips, and I simply don't find that to be the case. Now, opinions can change (as they certainly will--remember the HTDAAB first complete leak) but this doesn't mean we couldn't hear them well enough. One reason I'm particularly excited about these clips is because the 2006 leak (which was clearer) did not excite me at all. I had no strong desire to hear those songs after a few days of listening. Not like this.

If anything in that article is true, then it's shoddy reporting at best. I hate the word 'insider' and wish it could be banned from journalism forever.

Also, when has Edge already talked about "Sexy Boots"/"Get Your Boots On"/"These Clips Are A Poor At Best Quality Boot"? I feel like if he had mentioned that title before, it would have been disected and analyzed on these boards before.

I feel the same way about that fourth clip. I love listening to that one. Then again, I really liked the beach clip version of 'Love and Peace or Else', but the album version is one of my least favorite tracks from HTDAAB. Point being that I'll keep my fingers crossed that the album versions of the four beach clips live up to the considerable promise that we hear in them.

I've been trying like mad to decipher lyrics to clip #2 (Walk Out Into The Streets, or whatever its real name is).
At first I thought it said at 0:45 "The songs are in your eyes", and I thought no way would Bono re-use Miracle Drug lyrics. It's either "The stars are in your eyes" or "The stars are in our eyes"

i bet that Clip N°1 is "The Cedars of Lebanon" i'am pretty sure that bono says "Lebanon" at the end of first verse "in days of no ****of Lebanon" (00'08sec) then maybe the world "tree" in 2nd verse then the choir starts
don't you think?

I feel the same way about that fourth clip. I love listening to that one. Then again, I really liked the beach clip version of 'Love and Peace or Else', but the album version is one of my least favorite tracks from HTDAAB. Point being that I'll keep my fingers crossed that the album versions of the four beach clips live up to the considerable promise that we hear in them.

Good point.

It makes the little details not so little. Thats why I'm not listening to the clips at all this time because I was kind of disappointed with some of the songs on the last album as well. I guess my brain was filling in the stuff I couldn't hear and when the details all came through I kind of wish they were different I guess. IDK, I guess in the end I just want the genuine first listen to be the real deal like with Achtung Baby or Zooropa. Those two albums were breathtaking on the first listen. Heck, they are breathtaking on the 100,000th listen :D

The 2006 bits were clearer than this ? I'm not missing anything then.

Yeah probably, still can't make out much in true clarity.

That said, doesn't seem to be any great disparity between the two after you EQ them. The difference might be that these are cluttered by more noise (people talking, more wind, loud clicks etc.) but the songs themselves sound about the same quality, only these have the COBL bass problem. :wink:

Which probably means they were recorded at a similar distance to the source, I would guess.

Speaking of EQ'ing them, in addition to what LM was suggesting, you might also want to turn 125 all the way down to cut the bass back so you can hear some more of that middle range.

Speaking of EQ'ing them, in addition to what LM was suggesting, you might also want to turn 125 all the way down to cut the bass back so you can hear some more of that middle range.

YES. Definitely do this as well. The songs sound so much clearer this way.

BTW!! Did anyone else see that report on TMZ about U2's songs being leaked? one of the guys was talking about Bono playing the music so loud at his house in France and a guys walking by and recording it on his cell phone and now putting them on the web!..LOL!! Harvey Levin was like: REALLY?? Thats a great story ...(or something like that) They even played a bit of a song clip
Anyway I was just a trip to see that on TMZ :)

TMZ repeats a few more times tomorrow

BTW!! Did anyone else see that report on TMZ about U2's songs being leaked? one of the guys was talking about Bono playing the music so loud at his house in France and a guys walking by and recording it on his cell phone and now putting them on the web!..LOL!! Harvey Levin was like: REALLY?? Thats a great story ...(or something like that) They even played a bit of a song clip
Anyway I was just a trip to see that on TMZ :)

TMZ repeats a few more times tomorrow
There's a whole thread on how interference and my clips and even me myself and I made the news :)

Funny to hear how everyone just makes this story into something big. In holland, some stupid radio station called me "dickhead of the week", because I "spent a week in front of the house waiting for something to happen and then made very bad recordings when it finally did". :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom