Every Breaking Wave Will Be U2's Biggest Global Smash Hit Since Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allow me to show an appropriate diagram of Every Breaking Wave's time on the charts.

fat-kid-falls-off-bike-o.gif

It reached #14 on the National Soccer Mom charts, but only a disappointing #190 on the Dad Rock Top 200.

What are the odds of Guy Oseary getting fired by the end of the year?

Since he's been on board its just been one big WTF after another.

John Oliver made a funny U2 zinger on this week's show. That should boost their sales or something, right?

Re 'Big Tobacco'

"So it's an aging product that's decreasing in popularity, and yet somehow, it just can't stop making money. It's basically the agricultural equivalent of U2."

OH SNAP.

(There were some grumpy pusses over on @U2 forums about it, but honestly? It's not wrong. It's not even mean. It's accurate. They're aging, they're decreasing in popularity, and making a shit ton of money.)

:up:

What are the odds of Guy Oseary getting fired by the end of the year?

Since he's been on board its just been one big WTF after another.

Yeap.
I wouldn't bet on that, but at this stage I think that even the band would be able to manage their own career a loooot better.

I feel kind of bad for U2 that EBW isn't a big hit. It should be. It's a great song, and they clearly put a lot of heart into it and every other song on the album. Shame they're not getting rewarded in the way they'd like. I guess good work is its own reward though.

I know this has been said countless times, but the chances of U2 having a radio hit is next to none, and it's not U2's fault. It's industry trends.

I was listening to Pearl Jam this morning and when I "Nothing As It Seems" came on, I recall that this song was actually played on pop radio quite a bit when it came out in 2000. If that song came out today, you would most definitely not hear it on Pop radio.

Different times, but it's not a failure of the band. EBW is a great song, imo.

I know this has been said countless times, but the chances of U2 having a radio hit is next to none, and it's not U2's fault. It's industry trends.

I was listening to Pearl Jam this morning and when I "Nothing As It Seems" came on, I recall that this song was actually played on pop radio quite a bit when it came out in 2000. If that song came out today, you would most definitely not hear it on Pop radio.

Different times, but it's not a failure of the band. EBW is a great song, imo.

:up:

I hope Bono's been on a weekend long session or is just pulling a face becasue he dosent look well at all. :-(

Back
Top Bottom