Eno said...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobus

Refugee
...one new song is called Moment Of Surrender. he although said, that this new song is the best U2 has ever done... he said the same of SIAMYCGOO a few years ago.
source: U2Valencia.com

hmmmm, don't like all this "best song we've ever done" because it makes me wonder if all the other stuff about innovation is hyperbole too...

time and an audience are the judge of whether a song is "their best ever"... U2 fans don't need this "best ever" bullsh*t Brian...

The interesting. Too bad we're getting something translated from English to Spanish back to English.

I read the first quote as it is the best song he has ever done with U2, not that U2 has ever done.

The second quote from Eno in that blurb is that it is a slow song with a great atmosphere. Whatever that means.

...one new song is called Moment Of Surrender. he although said, that this new song is the best U2 has ever done... he said the same of SIAMYCGOO a few years ago.
source: U2Valencia.com

Bono and Eno had a bet Stuck would be U2's biggest ever hit. They didn't say it was the best U2 song.

Well, it WAS a big hit, and they loved it.

Great news from Eno. Can we please just report that without adding negativity to it before we have even heard any of the new songs?

Anyway, here's the translation:

We have just received news about the new album from Dublin.

At HQ tonight, Brian Eno has confirmed the title of one of U2's new songs to U2valencia.com.

Its title is Moment of Surrender.

Eno has commented that "it is the best song I've ever done with U2" and at the same time that "it is a slow song with a big atmosphere".

More information to follow shortly.

Slow song is good, I like Bono's singing better on slow songs.

I love Siamycgoo, the text is really strong and i can relate to it pretty good!!!:wink:

suck on my yo yo would have been one of the greatest songs u2 ever did if they didn' over-produce it in the studio. the acoustic version and the new vertigo tour arrangments were terrific.

i'm still dying to hear the version with jagger and his daughter on backing vocals. perhaps in a box set one day :sigh:

I read the first quote as it is the best song he has ever done with U2, not that U2 has ever done.

Arguably the same thing, no?

I must admit that I had an inherent dislike for 'Stuck In A Moment' when it came out first, but now it's the only song I'd listen to from ATYCLB. As a pop song it has great staying power. Yes, the brass section might be a wee bit overblown, but isn't that part of the charm?

Still, to hear Eno praising the work like this is a really good thing.

I have to echo other sentiments in here in that I don't like the album version of Stuck, but I love the acoustic version. I'd say it's far from their best though. As for the new album speculation, :corn:

whoa this is awesome...."big atmosphere" ?!?! That is exactly what so many of us have been hoping for....oh wow :ohmy:

still analyzing the title "Moment of Surrender," but I can't seem to relate it to anything or get a clearer picture of the album...but I do think this album will sound darker and more desperate than previous albums...

73 (24 members & 49 guests) :hyper:

Hmm, "Moment of Surrender"...also known as the point where one gives... "Mercy"? :eyebrow:

I don't know if the two songs will be related, or if Mercy is scrapped for the new album, but they do sound (in title) a bit similar.

Maybe that's a stretch.

I thought it was the "get"

Probably my least favorite song of the last two albums. :depressed:

cheer up! He didn't say anything or make any sort of suggestion that it sounded like Stuck in any way, so just because you didn't particularly care for Stuck doesn't at all mean you won't like this song :)

Man people, stop worrying, for God's sake!

Why is every tiny bit of information always twisted into something possibly negative? Just enjoy the fact that there are news out there that indicate the album will be out soon.

Hmm, "Moment of Surrender"...also known as the point where one gives... "Mercy"? :eyebrow:

I don't know if the two songs will be related, or if Mercy is scrapped for the new album, but they do sound (in title) a bit similar.

Maybe that's a stretch.

Never thought about that, could be a possibility.

cheer up! He didn't say anything or make any sort of suggestion that it sounded like Stuck in any way, so just because you didn't particularly care for Stuck doesn't at all mean you won't like this song :)

I wasn't implying anything negative about this news or the new song that was mentioned and I'm not worrying or stressing at all about this new album.

But since Stuck was mentioned, all I said was that Stuck is my least favorite song of the last two albums. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom