Edge's latest comment about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEAL said:

What I would like to hear (and of course it's just my opinion) is something like :

Bono is diving into poetry, or some form of literature to gain inspiration for his own writing. He's moving away from the direct/literal aspect that has driven the past 2 albums.

He was reading "Minds at War", a collection of World War I poetry in Fez and a couple of months ago Danny said something like "Bono is charged up with a lyrical angle".
So there you go.

The Edge said: "We went into this project allowing ourselves the indulgence of making music without thinking about where it was going to end up. We're starting to get serious now."
translation imo: we're running out of good ideas. we re-start the project.

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:
I just wish he'd at least say something different every time... change up the bullshit once and a while, you know?

That's all I was saying, but you know, why don't we just flip out if we're not lapping it all up :shrug:

I agree they are free to do what they want, but fucking hell it takes them a long time.

Unfortunately, times have changed and we live in a society where information is just a click away...which makes waiting for this album even harder.

I didn't have a computer between Zooropa and Pop. I got most of my updates from brief MTV News (this was back when they were still considered music, but were getting into Real World shit). It really did seem like those 3 years went by much faster.

martha said:

Yeah. Because no other band makes great albums in less than four years.

:|

I'm not sure that they've actually been making this record for 4 straight years. They try to have lives every once in a while, ya know? That's a major reason they've stayed active for soooooooooooo song -- and actually GOOD (how crazy is that) -- as the boys have said themselves. How long do you think they would last if they felt like they had to be coming out with records/touring constantly?

Probably as long as the Beatles.....

I just read through a lot more of these posts, and I'm glad to hear that Bono may be changing his writing style for this album? I don't recall the exact quote from Danny, but I do recall the mention of the books he was reading.

I wasn't a big fan of the writing from the last Album.

They've been recording off and on since when? Last fall, wasn't it? Since HTD came out, they did 6 months of promoting and rehearsals, toured for nearly a year straight, worked on a few other projects, did another leg of the tour, Edge and Bono did their charity work with all the personal appearances that those entail. It's not like they've been sitting on their asses for 3 1/2 years and then just last fall decided to get back into the studio.

Back
Top Bottom