Edge spills some beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you see the advantages in being a pessimist? If those folks (I am not one of them) are wrong, they are stoked that the album is coming out sooner than they thought, and if they are right they are stoked because they can say "I told you so"...so either way they win. Pessimism is really the easiest and safest way to go.

Optimists like us take a chance and put ourselves at risk by having hopes and dreams which could be dashed to pieces. Therein lies the downfall of optimism. However, the positive side of optimism is that we don't have to spend our lives being miserable bastards.

That sure is a pessimistic way of looking at it.

That sure is a pessimistic way of looking at it.

It was not pessimistic or optimistic...I was simply stating the drawbacks and benefits of both. It was a (mostly) fair and balanced approach.

This is all IMO of course (do I really have to say that?), feel free to disagree.

The Edge is quoted in the todays Mirror newspaper stating that the album will be out either March or April 09. :applaud:

Well, if it's April, then there probably won't be a single until January. I was hoping for a December single and a March album.

They are mixing it as we speak if Daniel Hyperbolanois is to be believed.

That means a possible 3 monthhold on a finished record (accounting a comfortable month for mastering)? This factoring in that old school release models are most likely dead?

Nah. I am still guessing Feb 2009.

The Mirror isn't exactly a reliable source, I wish we would have a confirmed interview with Edge or anyone, giving a release date. I hope it's March and a single in Jan, though I would have loved a single this year.

If it's Get on your boots then probably not. The sound is like Vertigo mixed with Even better than the real thing. Unless of course they did a whole bunch of changes in the mean time since the beach clips.

From the beach clips and u2.com clips like Larrystuff there are lots of options for good singles.

FOX News = Total bullshit spewed by Complete Idiots

Brian Eno was on the BBC's 'Question Time' in the UK a couple of weeks ago and he referred to Fox News as 'toxic'.. which i thought was pretty accurate!

I also spilled some beans today.

And what I was able to read in the spilled beans told me everything I need to know about the new U2 album.

:D

You want to know?

Go and spill some beans yourself.

Started at the beginning of this week according to Lanois tour dates. No studio sightings in London as of yet though!

March release = January single...mark my words...:yes:

I think you're right. The launch of the single will coincide with their appearance at Obama's inauguration. No, I haven't heard anything, but I'll bet they're involved in one way or another.

I think you're right. The launch of the single will coincide with their appearance at Obama's inauguration. No, I haven't heard anything, but I'll bet they're involved in one way or another.

Why would U2 be at Obama's inauguration again?

EXACTLY!!!

Am I missing something? Why do people keep associating U2 with Obama? Seriously. Am I missing something? Have they publically campaigned for Obama???? Last time I checked they're Irish. I know Bono is tight with a lot of politicians during his philanthropic/saving the world exploits, but what influence did the entire band have in the election?

EXACTLY!!!

Am I missing something? Why do people keep associating U2 with Obama? Seriously. Am I missing something? Have they publically campaigned for Obama???? Last time I checked they're Irish. I know Bono is tight with a lot of politicians during his philanthropic/saving the world exploits, but what influence did the entire band have in the election?

Obama likes U2 maybe? and he also played COBL at his rallys or whatever.

Good friends I guess?

Obama likes U2 maybe? and he also played COBL at his rallys or whatever.

Good friends I guess?

That just means Obama likes a couple songs. That doesn't make him and Bono, and the rest of U2, friends.

Didn't both Kerry and Bush use U2 in 04? U2 didn't show up for G.W. in 05.

Back
Top Bottom