Early physical single vinyl release of SOI? Photos inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danondorf

Acrobat
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but it appears there's already a physical vinyl release of Songs of Innocence out. I picked this up at Amoeba Records earlier today and it appears to be an official Interscope/Universal release. Maybe an indie record store only release? Check it out:

Lock if old/known. Pretty excited about it :D

that's pretty cool, congratulations for this!

The actual physical Vinyl release will look differently .. so you got the same "white label copy" as shown during the Apple Keynote !

So.....how does the Crystal Ballroom and lucifers hands sond?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So.....how does the Crystal Ballroom and lucifers hands sond?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Come on, those tracks won't be on this Vinyl ... even not "Crystal Ballroom" in the 12" Mix .. that will be featured on the "official White-Vinyl" release...

I suppose this Vinyl here has the 11 tracks on it , without any bonus tracks, but still ... this should turn out to be a quite rare piece of Vinyl ! :up:

Considering I saw the official vinyl release of ATYCLB on Amazon for $599 today, I imagine this will fetch a hefty sum in the years agead

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Considering I saw the official vinyl release of ATYCLB on Amazon for $599 today, I imagine this will fetch a hefty sum in the years agead

Whoa, how much did you say???
I wonder if all their recent albums are worth a fair bit on vinyl. I have them all except Pop. But $599 is just ridiculous.

I wonder if all their recent albums are worth a fair bit on vinyl. I have them all except Pop. But $599 is just ridiculous.

I found bomb, and wanted to see how much. Saw one for 250 pounds. Bomb and ATYCLB were only pressed for completists, it was a time when vinyl was all but dead

It isn't a fake. I just called Ameoba (from Toronto) and it is the real deal. They are shipping me a copy.

I have Pop on vinyl. I bought it a long time after... didn't cost that much.

The most expensive ones are the Best of Albums on vinyl.....I own the 90s... can't find the 80's for a non expensive price.

I have Pop on vinyl. I bought it a long time after... didn't cost that much.

The most expensive ones are the Best of Albums on vinyl.....I own the 90s... can't find the 80's for a non expensive price.

I have managed to get al the albums on vinyl, really tempted by this white version!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

Just got around to listening to it. Sounds excellent. Amoeba had several copies, maybe 15-20?

Yeah, this is totally awesome. I don't think anyone knows about this yet. Were there more, or was it a one off?

About 15-20 in stock at Amoeba Records in Hollywood. Definitely did a double take when I saw it. Really thought it might have been a bootleg but knew it was legitimate when I saw the Interscope label on the back and on the vinyl itself. I really like the simple white label and sleeve. No frills, just awesome music.

Don't resist David. You know how rare and valuable this will be. Years from now you will regret passing this album by over a 70 mile drive. Go for it.

That's what I saw on the webpage. It also said, currently unavailable, so you'd want to call ahead.

Thanks again to danondorf for opening this thread - I was able to pre-order one copy!

Would be interesting if this will be released just in the US only .. or worldwide in some local recordstores ... so really "limited" or ... actually a wide release ..

but cool anyway !

Thanks again to danondorf for opening this thread - I was able to pre-order one copy!

Would be interesting if this will be released just in the US only .. or worldwide in some local recordstores ... so really "limited" or ... actually a wide release ..

but cool anyway !

You're welcome, glad I was able to help! Just another bit of information I found out today: I went to my local record store in town and they had absolutely no idea what the "White Label" pressing of SOI was. It wasn't even showing up in their catalog, only the Oct. 14th double white vinyl that we already knew about was showing up for pre-order.

Maybe this one is exclusive to Amoeba Records? Might be an official "test pressing" vinyl.

Maybe this one is exclusive to Amoeba Records? Might be an official "test pressing" vinyl.

Seems to be a "test pressing" - that's what my local record dealer here in Vienna suggested .. as they would not get this White-Label version of SoI ...

So this might really turn out to be a real gem! And on the Amoeba Website this item is now "currently unavailable" .. maybe all sold out already?

Anyone else find these anywhere or do you know if it's a US exclusive type thing? Probably not likely to get them in Europe?

Back
Top Bottom