Don't Expect, Can't Suggest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3). We've heard beach clips. We've heard HQ clips. We've heard U2.com blips. Do not expect the album to sound like what you think you hear in beach/HQ/U2.com clips. You need several hands to count the number of people who liked what they thought they heard on the HTDAAB beach clips and then were disappointed by the tracks on the album. No matter how much you think you've cleaned up the staticky, muffled track, it's not the same.
:wink:

That's why I haven't even bothered listening to these beach clips. I don't want to have expectations and interpretations of the tracks in my head based on mediocre recordings of rough drafts.

Theres nothing "rough draft" about the four main beach clips. Even if they've changed signifigantly in the meantime (which I HUGELY doubt) they will still stand as fantastic pieces of music in their own right and are all fully realized songs. The recordings mightnt be the best but they are good enough that the brilliance of the music shines through clearly.

Theres nothing "rough draft" about the four main beach clips. Even if they've changed signifigantly in the meantime (which I HUGELY doubt) they will still stand as fantastic pieces of music in their own right and are all fully realized songs. The recordings mightnt be the best but they are good enough that the brilliance of the music shines through clearly.

That's exactly what everyone was saying 4 years ago... including me, and I won't make that mistake again.

I don't think the beach clips will be the same as the album versions, and I hope they aren't! I love it when we have the chance to see how the tracks evolve - like when we have alternative versions like vertigo/native son, SYCMIOYO and All because of you etc..:up::lol:

Back
Top Bottom