Does the album meet or exceed your expectations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Does the new album meet, not meet, or exceed your expectations?

• Total voters
It not only exceeds my expectations, but blows them out of the water. All I wanted was something a bit better than the last two albums. This slays them. I truly didn't think U2 still had this in them - or more to the point, I didn't think they had the mindset to find this in themselves.

My thoughts exactly. :up:

In general, it exceeded my expectations.
I didn't expect Magnificent to make me cry. I've heard the song 22 times now, it's still incredibly good, and probably top five U2 material. I didn't expect that. I didn't think U2 could make music on the level of Achtung Baby anymore.
I also thought that there had to be at least one song I didn't like on there. There isn't. Stand Up Comedy feels slightly forced, but each time the Bono sings "Come on ye people" I forget about that. This is the first album since Achtung Baby to not have a boring song on it. Big props.
No Line on the Horizon (the song itself) is also totally incredible.
"Time is irrelevant, it's not linear - then she put her tongue in my ear" - that lyric still gets me every time: It's the sort of spine-chilling joyous melancholy that only U2 can make me feel. I love it.
I still feel I like it more than Joshua Tree. Yes, I was blown away, actually. I can't believe that this is the same U2 that made Window in the Skies 2 years ago. I actually thought it was going downhill. But nooooo. This is why U2 is greatest band in the world. I don't care about personal taste: No band have challenged themselves like U2 have, whilst still maintain such a high quality. Joshua Tree is 22 years ago, and still, STILL, they're making timeless classics. No Line On The Horizon is a fucking miracle.
To summarize: It exceeded my expectations.

Great summary. My thoughts exactly.

Right now, it's about exactly where I thought it to be, which is... God only knows what. I can't really judge it yet.

It not only exceeds my expectations, but blows them out of the water. All I wanted was something a bit better than the last two albums. This slays them. I truly didn't think U2 still had this in them - or more to the point, I didn't think they had the mindset to find this in themselves.

Yeah, no matter what, I know for a fact that this pwns over attyclub and the bomb by miles and miles.

Exceeds. I intentionally stayed as pessimistic as possible (to the annoyance of many board users) so I wouldn't be disappointed. I am very happy with it so far, although I think it a little front loaded.

This is much much better than I've expected! Only 3 albums I can listen from the beginning till the end without skipping some songs. JT was the first one; AB second, and this is the third. Absolutely fabolous. I wasn't impressed with GOYB, but this is fantastic! 3rd masterpiece, definitely:

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. NLOTH

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

At this point it exceeded them. But this is my first album release as a hardcore fan so I think I may caught in the hype a bit. Time will tell I guess.

I expected greatness. I think HTDAAB is great. I expected a more challenging Bomb.

WOW, I was so far short of the mark its not funny!

My expectations weren't too great after hearing the clips and then getting the other mix of No Line, but man this is some pretty beautiful stuff. The harmonizing is awesome. And I love me some Stand-up Comedy.

Back
Top Bottom