Does non-leak speak to U2's greed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Anton film....Did you see Control? What about the short he did called Some Yoyo Stuff? Both terrible. He takes pictures that look like Ansel Adams prints. Nothing special there.

Greedy would be putting different things on different editions so that you have to buy multiple copies of an album you already have just to get a bonus track here, a movie there, etc. It's why I have a problem with multiple editions of a single and with the Unreleased & Rare iTunes package not being sold separately from The Complete U2. But I have no problem with multiple album editions that build up to a deluxe edition that has the lot. You buy what you want. Simple. U2 could still quite easily just put out a single standard edition, and I'm glad they also have the content to put out a deluxe edition for diehard fans like myself who'll appreciate the extras. I'd prefer more U2 over less U2.

Greedy would be putting different things on different editions so that you have to buy multiple copies of an album you already have just to get a bonus track here, a movie there, etc. It's why I have a problem with multiple editions of a single and with the Unreleased & Rare iTunes package not being sold separately from The Complete U2. But I have no problem with multiple album editions that build up to a deluxe edition that has the lot. You buy what you want. Simple. U2 could still quite easily just put out a single standard edition, and I'm glad they also have the content to put out a deluxe edition for diehard fans like myself who'll appreciate the extras. I'd prefer more U2 over less U2.

So do I more U2 is good :up:

"What version of the album would you like, sir?"

"Hmmmmmm.....I'd like to just get the cd, please."

"Want to Go Large on that?"

:lol:

You know.....You won't stop being a U2 fan if you say they have gone totally corporate and are just out to make money.

I feel like that extra shit is way fucking over-priced.

So, although I'd like to have it, I'm not buying it.

That's how reasonable adults w/o a sense of entitlement are supposed to operate.

Very simple.

"What version of the album would you like, sir?"

"Hmmmmmm.....I'd like to just get the cd, please."

"Want to Go Large on that?"

:lol:

This is nothing new under the sun.

Radiohead gave away their album for free and bent their diehards over as well for extra shit. It's all a question of whether you want it bad enough.

Who gives a fuck?
You can get the new U2 album for $10 or for free.

These artists are being raped by a generation of fuckheads who just download their entire catalogues as if they are entitled to them. So if they still offer their new music at a good price, and then want to gouge on the bells and whistles, who gives a shit? A bunch of posturing fools, that's who. Fucking excusing away their actions by claiming "well, they are already rich".

Well I am not a moralizer when it comes to downloading, do what you want, but don't fucking cry when they try and make some cash on the back end with EXTRAS.

You know.....You won't stop being a U2 fan if you say they have gone totally corporate and are just out to make money.

Personally, I would find it difficult to be a fan of a band that only cared about the money.

If they were only out to make money, I don't believe they would be producing good music. The fact that U2 still have probably the largest fan-base and spend 2+ years perfecting an album are proof enough to me that they actually do care about the music.

If you don't already think the title of this thread is stupid, it's going to look *real* stupid once the album leaks.

While I hope this doesn't get into the debate about artists producing art for money vs. production for the sake of art, this thought flew through my head today:

Is it really a surprise that of all the bands who have produced albums over the past two years, U2 seem to be the only one who have kept theirs from leaking? I was able to listen to Viva La Vida and Forth and some of Keane's song before any of those albums came out. I also was able to hear Oasis' shit (and for the record, The Shock of the Lightning destroys GOYB). Why is U2 so guarded with NLOTH? What happened to McGuinness saying U2 had a creative, new way to release the album?

Unfortunately, it seems all this tight-grip stuff is b/c they want people to be forced to buy the album - or at least have to wait until the album comes out to listen to it, which may entice them to buy it or download it legally on i-tunes or zune's network.

While I don't see anything wrong with making money, that's the world we live in, I just think it's quite fitting that it's Bono and the boys. I can see McGuinness now gripping the one master copy with his hands, locked up in some room with rounds of ammunition and tear gas and bloodshot eyes, repeating "must wait 'til February 27" over and over again.

Thoughts?
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: ... and, please, :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom