Does anyone know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
Does anyone know if FLOOD (next to Eno and Lanois) is involved in this album?

I think he's a very gifted guy with a sharp ear and a broad imagination when it comes to creating new (heavy) sounds and moods in songs.. (almost all the work he's done with U2 and Depeche Mode (SOFAD):drool:)

Nevertheless I think he has been drunk or he did send his deaf twin-brother when he mixed/produced "Crumbs" and "City Of.." terrible, terrible...:doh:

I hope he's involved in the new album but only when he's in top-shape like the rest of the band/producers.

Yeah, Crumbs is quite a good track, its just the production letting it down, the intro riff kinda hurt my ears a bit, its a good riff but it sounded so sharp and loud and maybe too perfect. Plus when Bono sings "with a mouth full of teeth/you ate all your friends" at "you ate" you can hear this glitch/growl in Bono's voice, it cracks me up sometimes. :D

Yeah, Crumbs is quite a good track, its just the production letting it down, the intro riff kinda hurt my ears a bit, its a good riff but it sounded so sharp and loud and maybe too perfect. Plus when Bono sings "with a mouth full of teeth/you ate all your friends" at "you ate" you can hear this glitch/growl in Bono's voice, it cracks me up sometimes. :D

i LOVE the growl on "you ate"!!!!

Can't wait for the HTDAAB remaster. Great album, might get the treatment it deserves.

20-20 hindsight may be the best thing that ever happened to it :up:

i LOVE the growl on "you ate"!!!!

Can't wait for the HTDAAB remaster. Great album, might get the treatment it deserves.

20-20 hindsight may be the best thing that ever happened to it :up:

That growl really makes me giggle. :D

HTDAAB remaster will be at least a decade away, at least.

^ it will mean that the bext decade will be cool. I really hope they ddo it, and do it well. bring the vocals down in the mix, and totally re-mix songs like Crumbs that were raped in the first place

I'm still uncertain if U2 still want to remaster ALL of the albums... :|

I'm still uncertain if U2 still want to remaster ALL of the albums... :|

If they didn't want to remaster all of them, im sure they would have left UABRS alone... the 00's albums, fine, while they do have better standards of mastering etc, they still have probs that could be fixed up

If they didn't want to remaster all of them, im sure they would have left UABRS alone... the 00's albums, fine, while they do have better standards of mastering etc, they still have probs that could be fixed up

I guess so.

But I want them to make more albums than remasters in the next decade.

don't be a fool. Of course they won't remaster HTDAAB, it's 4 only four years old. Also, 'crumbs' is actually the worst song on the album. The 'able' 'table' rhyme is excrutiatingly awkward.

Btw, shame on anyone who fell for that so called 'hoax' thread yesterday. I knew it was fake after 3 paragraphs. No wonder the western media can get away with such bias, were all just sheep who couldn't discern a dog from a cow. Shame on all of you. So yeh, I'm in a foul mood. Where is my new U2 song?!

^Y'know, you're just a bunch of whining 5 year olds with this rhyme stuff

Am I a whining five year old, plus somebody in here is being negative. :wink:

^Meh, it's just that I get annoyed at this rhyme complainin'. To me works like this: if you can't do better don't complain'

Anyway, sorry.

I can't get far enough past how badly written the song is to abhor the mixing.

^Meh, it's just that I get annoyed at this rhyme complainin'. To me works like this: if you can't do better don't complain'

Anyway, sorry.

Rhyming is fine when it's inconspicuous and flow nicely. That paticular rhyme sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, I think I could write a better song than 'crumbs' in my sleep.

Btw, I met Daniel johns from Silverchair at a Sydney afterparty last night and we got talking about u2. He said he'd heard a rough cut of 6 tracks from 'NLOTH' and that it reminded him of achtung baby and ok computer. He said sonically it is 'pushing it'. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Sounds like he was mighty impressed though...

Rhyming is fine when it's inconspicuous and flow nicely. That paticular rhyme sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, I think I could write a better song than 'crumbs' in my sleep.

Btw, I met Daniel johns from Silverchair at a Sydney afterparty last night and we got talking about u2. He said he'd heard a rough cut of 6 tracks from 'NLOTH' and that it reminded him of achtung baby and ok computer. He said sonically it is 'pushing it'. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Sounds like he was mighty impressed though...

Nice news

Well, if you think you can then start now, cause if you really can write better than Bono you got a gift that many can only dream of and would be a shame if you waste it.
To me, Crumbs' lyrics are good and I have no problem with the rhymes.

Hey cool. Achtung Baby and Ok Computer are two of my favourites :love:

One man's garbage is another man's treasure I guess. I love Crumbs and think its one of the three top tracks on that album. If you can write better music than that in your sleep then you should go to the pharmacy and get as many sleeping pills as possible. :lol:

Nice news

Well, if you think you can then start now, cause if you really can write better than Bono you got a gift that many can only dream of and would be a shame if you waste it.
To me, Crumbs' lyrics are good and I have no problem with the rhymes.

ha. I can't write better than Bono. I can write better than crumbs though. You probably can too!

ha. I can't write better than Bono. I can write better than crumbs though. You probably can too!

Well, let's not get into a opinion discussion. It's pointless.

But it's nice to talk to someone that doesn't go mad cause we disagree. :up:
Anyway, those news about NLOTH you posted are really interesting. I'm not Radiohead's biggest fan, but I understand what OKC means in terms of good music. Nice. Really nice :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom