Documentary Film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Take this for what it's worth: a (good) friend of mine that also works in the industry knows a guy that knew a guy (of course right?:crack:) who was not directly involved in anyway with u2 sessions but did do some work with DM in a small capacity. Anyway the word is that SOME of the DM sessions with u2 were videotaped ala UF with Eno/Lanois.

IF that ever comes out it would be very interesting to see the dynamic of the band and producer/the techniques he used/ what the band did differently because of him and/ what made them question the material...

I don't know if they'd include that last bit, but all in all it should be interesting if proven true. Then again, if they had problems with the production, they probably would never release it anyway.

:shrug:

I would particularly like to see the clip where they inform DM "Thanks for putting up with us for these last few years, Brian. Thanks for pouring your heart and soul into this album of ours. Now, don't take this personally, but we're going to rework all your stuff with Paul Epworth because we don't think it'll get played enough on the radio as is. See ya!" :wink:

So DM did some stuff at Bunker studios Brooklyn and this cat worked there (My friends friend) and DM was talking about a documentary that might come out that was filmed in studio with u2 and he apparently agreed at first but now is not wanting it released.
I dont know more than that. I think it will never see the light of day....

Yeah sounds like DM wants nothing to do with U2 these days. Be interesting to see what he has to say when the album is released.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Its pretty disappointing to think about how much footage of U2 exists in their vaults from over the years which would make for fascinating viewing to fans - both live and studio stuff. Not sure why there's not been more of it released as bonus extras and on their website etc if they're not comfortable charging for it.

I like that Muse for their last couple of albums have released a 45-60 minute behind the scenes in the studio, track by track, with their iTunes release of the album. That sort of thing should be done by more bands.

That would be cool. I'm particularly interested in the footage of DM just calling it quits, packing his stuff, running out of the studio and slamming the door while uttering a tremendous number of curse words towards the band :happy:

I wouldn't be waiting for this. U2 in the studio is painful. The JT doco is the worst of all those from that Classic Albums series of releases. So if there is no good footage from a good productive period of studio work, I can't imagine how flimsy the recent stuff would come across.

I would particularly like to see the clip where they inform DM "Thanks for putting up with us for these last few years, Brian. Thanks for pouring your heart and soul into this album of ours. Now, don't take this personally, but we're going to rework all your stuff with Paul Epworth because we don't think it'll get played enough on the radio as is. See ya!" :wink:

Lol

Back
Top Bottom