Did U2 want it to leak? - Album to stream on My Space - ARTICLES REGARDING THE LEAK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverfish

The Fly
It was leaked from a Universal website, so ..... it makes you wonder why and how this could happen.

Does anyone think they deliberately leaked it to stimulate publicity? Some music analysts argue that leaks actually help the sales of an album. Basically people sample the music for free and if they like it many purchase it. I'm not in the music biz so if anyone can shed light on this for me - much appreciated. :up:

The only thing I am thinking is it was a guy who signed up, pointed us to the page, then vanished.

Never saw him again. It was his first post.

Maybe they wanted feedback as to what the next single should be?

I have no idea why it happened, but thank fuck that it did!

The only thing I am thinking is it was a guy who signed up, pointed us to the page, then vanished.

That's true he pointed it out then disappeared...he was like Santa Clause!..:lol:
But god bless him whom ever he was:applaud:

very possible.

The guy jumped back on later -- he was 1012 or something on the last LEAKY page (I miss screaming Leeeaaaakkkkkk!!!!!) -- said he was a long time lurker searching for previews and the getmusic page popped up -- he didn't realize he could buy the songs, just that the previews were really long. Someone else found out they could buy 'em.

ur statement assumes the u2 camp has a supremely modern understanding of todays music industry, so in a resounding word....NO

No way The 2 wanted to leak. They'll sell 6M albums no matter what though.

jeez bono was locked at the Brits.

Funny the Universal Australia page took down the album completely. You can't even see it on their website at all.

Yeah, I did a search by Artist and Title, it's no where to be found. Disappeared from the faith of the earth, all evidence destroyed. :lol:

i wouldn't he stunned if they did it on purpose, perhaps as a pre-emptive strike against a known leak.

that said, i'm thinking it was just a mistake by a tech guy who's currently looking for new work.

I wonder if the official release date will be moved forward?

My God, even Alan Cross is rewriting history. Does he really consider himself a music journalist?

A similar thing happened this morning just after 8am ET. I’m listening to the final and finished version of the album as I type this.

Apparently, there was a leak through an Australian online music store called Get Music at around 4am ET today. For a brief time, they apparently made the album available for sale.

The cynical part of my brain says they did it deliberately - maybe they felt Boots hasn't promoted the album well enough, and that a small leak would get everyone talking and give NLOTH a bit of a stimulus. My other brain cell tells me someone just fucked up, or was very silly.

I didn't want it to leak, cos I wanted the songs to be fresh to my ears when I buy the album from a high street store in a week-and-a-half. 11 days of temptation to go!

i wouldn't he stunned if they did it on purpose, perhaps as a pre-emptive strike against a known leak.

that said, i'm thinking it was just a mistake by a tech guy who's currently looking for new work.

Yep – and maybe not actually from Universal. Their shop front site could very likely be managed by a third party.

And it’s weird seeing the little disclosure statement at the bottom of that Forbes article. “Oh yeah, and by the way, Bono owns all this shit”.

Back
Top Bottom