Did U2 artificially speed up the tempo on Get On Your Boots or did Youtube slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono sounds way more natural in this clip though, im almost certain it was originally 120 bpm and they just twisted the knob to 150 in the mastering suite. all of the sounds musically sound more epic and U2 and the little sounds in the background unfold beautiully. i hope the whole album is like this.

yall just think it sounds like their tired because youre used to the sped up version

Bono sounds way more natural in this clip though, im almost certain it was originally 120 bpm and they just twisted the knob to 150 in the mastering suite. all of the sounds musically sound more epic and U2.

Ask yourself how some dude on youtube got the "original" before U2 released the "sped up" version?

Is this your youtube video?

Bono sounds way more natural in this clip though, im almost certain it was originally 120 bpm and they just twisted the knob to 150 in the mastering suite. all of the sounds musically sound more epic and U2 and the little sounds in the background unfold beautiully. i hope the whole album is like this.

It was never 120 bmp. Ask anyone who listened to the beach clips or just look at the U2.com drum clip of Larry laying down the drums to the song. It was always a fast song. I think you can even tell that its around 150 bpm in the u2.com clip. Some people think that it actually SLOWED down since the beach clips.

Yeah, especially in the "let me in the sound" part you can hear the unnatural drag on his voice. BUT I'd betcha the song sounds a lot more like this than the single version when they play it live!!!!

This definitely sounds slower. I was actually just thinking how the song will come across live...I think it it might be a challenge to get everything in sync.

Ehhh, the slowed version sounds ok, but it's definitely 'slowed'. His voice does sound slurred.

Maybe it's Get On Your Boots (The Drunk Mix)

Wow... that sounds better, IMO...
see what im saying? it sounds more official and natural, the chorus is more effective the 'bonham part' too.

and who is to say the beach clips road clips werent recordings being played

see what im saying? it sounds more official and natural, the chorus is more effective the 'bonham part' too.

and who is to say the beach clips road clips werent recordings being played

Oh, they were recordings. But they certainly weren't mastered. They were demo CDs being played at max volume.

I think I like the lower key better. I love the new single, but the one thing that was wierd was how high pitched Bono's voice sounds to me. Either way, love it :drool:

Well, if you like this, chances are Bono will be a little rougher live than in the studio and the whole thing will be a touch slower. usually is.

It was never 120 bmp. Ask anyone who listened to the beach clips or just look at the U2.com drum clip of Larry laying down the drums to the song. It was always a fast song. I think you can even tell that its around 150 bpm in the u2.com clip. Some people think that it actually SLOWED down since the beach clips.

Yep. Agreed. This was fast from the outset. Descriptions from August to December said as much and were consistent.

When I listen to it on u2.com I love the song, but when I listen to it on the mp3 I have it doesn't sound as good, it definetely sounds a bit slower or maybe it's just the quality of the mp3.

Back
Top Bottom