Did the new version of Red Hill Mining Town leak out yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put my mod hat on for a second here:

Question: in all the annoyance, in all the wondering why a certain member is still around, did anyone think to report one of the problem posts so moderators were aware?

The answer to that is no. No one reported anything.

Redhill, you've taken your share of flack from all sides, but you're certainly dishing it out tenfold. As many have rightly pointed out, thumbing your nose and chanting "told you so" for holding a non-controversial opinion isn't exactly going to win you any favors - anywhere. Neither is complaining about bullying while doing the same (or attempting to).

Take a break.

As for those of you who engaged in kind with redhill, he's not entirely without a point when he brings up the clique-i-ness and shouting down of dissent. And matching poor behavior with poor behavior doesn't help.

Last edited:
Well I can only say I never thought to report anything because it was more a cumulative thing than one specific out-of-line post.

I guess "Grand Bitches" could have been reported but we were too busy laughing and turning it into a new catchphrase.

TLDR what's going on in this thread?
Well, as someone who mainly lurks and has no dog in the fight, it seems that one guy made a claim that turned out to be true and then gloated about it even though it was already a majority held opinion. A few people were understandably annoyed by this behavior and kind of piled on a bit. Then a couple mods came in and told everyone to relax.

Bono either can't sing anymore, never could sing, or is a better singer than ever. Larry's not on board with any of it.

Every Australian store I know of sold out of RHMT on the day - pretty crazy considering it was far more readily available than any previous RSD release.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Every Australian store I know of sold out of RHMT on the day - pretty crazy considering it was far more readily available than any previous RSD release.

The 2 copies I "secured" didn't arrive. One store got 0/4 copies they ordered, the other got 1/2 and I was the second.

Red Eye got 5 copies but sold out very quickly. 4 other stores I approached either didn't get stock or didn't order it. I managed to finally get one in Richmond for $59.

The 2 copies I "secured" didn't arrive. One store got 0/4 copies they ordered, the other got 1/2 and I was the second.

Red Eye got 5 copies but sold out very quickly. 4 other stores I approached either didn't get stock or didn't order it. I managed to finally get one in Richmond for $59.

Holy shit! Lucky you did - I would have grabbed you one if I'd known - Landspeed in Canberra got like 8 - I went in with my wife and we went to different bins - I was looking for the Cure acoustic as well, within two mins all the Cure had gone, we grabbed a U2 each, but there were none left in the bins. I put one back because my brother managed to grab one for himself.

Who in Richmond charged you 60 bucks? That's ridiculous gouging for a single with the same song printed on both sides

yeah that's insane, Chocky, like Dan said the other day you should report the places you saw gouging, stop them taking part next year and taking the piss like that.

$40 was crazy enough for one song on both sides without wankers like that knocking the price up further. They may as well have just stuck their stock straight on eBay..

And in all this...still no one can come to terms with the fact that re-recording it has zero zilch nada to do with Bono's vocals or his ability or inability to perform this song. [emoji23]
True. So why RHMT, do you think?

I think it makes a lot of sense in a U2 way. The Joshua Tree anniversary is a first for them -- a tribute to old glory -- and releasing the song intended to be the first single thirty years ago as the 'first single' before the tour makes sense, but it makes more sense IMO because it's a song like RHMT.
Remember The Edge saying the US election made them rethink stuff and also appreciate how relevant TJT was even now, especially now. I think RHMT (maybe Edge mentioned the song by name, I can't remember), with its focus on communities and relationships screwed by happenings beyond their control (let us also not forget Trump's using of coalminers), is especially relevant today.

In other words, re-recording has little to do with vocals, more to do with repackaging a song that showcases with its timelessness what a masterpiece the album being toured is.

Or...

Disc: 3
One Tree Hill (St Francis Hotel Remix)
Bullet The Blue Sky (Jacknife Lee Remix)
Running To Stand Still (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Red Hill Mining Town (Steve Lillywhite 2017 Mix)
With Or Without You (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Where The Streets Have No Name (Flood Remix)

... it was the only one of the remixed songs that wasn't released as a single, despite their original plans to release it, so it made sense to release it.

Or...

Disc: 3
One Tree Hill (St Francis Hotel Remix)
Bullet The Blue Sky (Jacknife Lee Remix)
Running To Stand Still (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Red Hill Mining Town (Steve Lillywhite 2017 Mix)
With Or Without You (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Where The Streets Have No Name (Flood Remix)

... it was the only one of the remixed songs that wasn't released as a single, despite their original plans to release it, so it made sense to release it.

What? Bullet and RTSS weren't singles, and One Tree Hill was a single in just two countries.

I also assume RHMT's remix is the only one with anything re-recorded.

Were places really charging $40?

I paid $17.99. I scooped up two copies, so less than $40 for both.

The irony of this RHMT re-release and the whole JT30 Tour is just too much...

The claim that our current political environment is just like it was 30 years ago is such BS. Clearly this is about capitalizing on no$talgia and distracting from what appears to be another failure-to-launch with SOE. (maybe I'll be proven wrong on that)

With respect to RHMT in particular: the song, as everyone here knows, was about the prospect of the mine workers losing their jobs at the hand of big bad Maggie Thatcher. Contrast that situation with Trump being very vocal about wanting to save these jobs in the U.S. and the industry in general (forget for a moment whether that is a good idea or not).

The band will use whatever justifications they want to sell whatever is on their shelf at a given moment. Usually, I am buying. But not this time.

What a farce.

The irony of this RHMT re-release and the whole JT30 Tour is just too much...

The claim that our current political environment is just like it was 30 years ago is such BS. Clearly this is about capitalizing on no$talgia and distracting from what appears to be another failure-to-launch with SOE. (maybe I'll be proven wrong on that)

With respect to RHMT in particular: the song, as everyone here knows, was about the prospect of the mine workers losing their jobs at the hand of big bad Maggie Thatcher. Contrast that situation with Trump being very vocal about wanting to save these jobs in the U.S. and the industry in general (forget for a moment whether that is a good idea or not).

The band will use whatever justifications they want to sell whatever is on their shelf at a given moment. Usually, I am buying. But not this time.

What a farce.

LOL. Maybe better to just put a header on your post - I AM TROLLING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom