Did the new version of Red Hill Mining Town leak out yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put my mod hat on for a second here:

Question: in all the annoyance, in all the wondering why a certain member is still around, did anyone think to report one of the problem posts so moderators were aware?

The answer to that is no. No one reported anything.

Redhill, you've taken your share of flack from all sides, but you're certainly dishing it out tenfold. As many have rightly pointed out, thumbing your nose and chanting "told you so" for holding a non-controversial opinion isn't exactly going to win you any favors - anywhere. Neither is complaining about bullying while doing the same (or attempting to).

Take a break.

As for those of you who engaged in kind with redhill, he's not entirely without a point when he brings up the clique-i-ness and shouting down of dissent. And matching poor behavior with poor behavior doesn't help.

You have it backward. The problem is the state of this board at the moment. There are a dozen or so regulars who annihilate anyone with an unpopular opinion and "pile on" in egregious gangbang fashion.

It's at a level I've never seen on any other forum. Any unpopular opinion (especially from someone who doesn't post all the time) is immediately met with a slaughter of demented tactics. I'm not here for the gangbang.

So why would I be the one to be reported (or even banned?) when all of the mocking and disrespect from some of the regulars is encouraged through complicity? Maybe it's a "good ole' boys" gang I'm not part of (and some of the mods are) but it is unfortunate at best. This is the source of the problem...not me...I'm just pointing it in and returning it in kind. So don't shoot the messenger.

As far as dishing it out "tenfold", that's a distorted perception as the reality is I have had to fend off at least 10 regulars at any given time when the pile on starts.

I will admit that I lowered myself to be as juvenile (for a time) as I wasn't sure how else to retaliate. I'm not one to sit idly by and be mocked but I was never good at elementary school "digs". I decided to offer a taste of the medicine anyway. Meanwhile, all the "on board" jokes continue unchecked.

Anyway, feel free to ban me permanently for disagreeing. I just hope that something can be done as this is no longer a place where people can discuss the band in a respectful (or even safe) way. Disagree or state an unpopular opinion and it's open season to mock and disrespect that person. That's not the way it should be and I shouldn't have to tell you that. Perhaps some proactivity is in order.

P.S. I did appreciate your comment "As for those of you who engaged in kind with redhill, he's not entirely without a point when he brings up the clique-i-ness and shouting down of dissent. And matching poor behavior with poor behavior doesn't help" but that should have been the point of the post (not an afterthought) and I was the one matching the poor bevavior...not the other way around.

Last edited:

Oh, ffs.

You really think that coming right back to the issue that got you temp banned and starting a public argument with the moderators is your best course of action?

In thread is not the place to hold these discussions. PM me, start a thread in Don't Expect, Suggest, but don't continue to hijack this thread to hash it out.

Move on.

redhill, people discuss differing opinions in here all the time. This is not a problem with the forum, it's you.

This was never about your opinions, it was about THIS^

I'll just add a qick couple of pennies then leave the issue to hopefully fade away...

redhill you say people attacked you immediately for a differing opinion, that is not what happened at first, people just said they didn't agree with your opinion (which you continue to tout as fact) and your first sentence of your second post in the thread was this:

Yes, this is interference so it doesn't surprise me to have a bunch of posts needlessly contradicting me. If you can't see what I'm talking about....knowing this band....then I can't help you.
Right away you're telling people you are absolutely right and they (and it was the vast majority of responders) have to be wrong.

That is not you stating opinion.
Its no wonder as things went on it got more out of hand.
If you want to express your opinion and claim it as fact, be prepared for some folks to disagree.

That is all. Maybe try and enjoy the tour reports/, youtube videos and so forth, and if you feel like it grab a ticket to Tampa and have a good time.

Not everyone here is an asshole. In fact most aren't.

Oh, ffs.

You really think that coming right back to the issue that got you temp banned and starting a public argument with the moderators is your best course of action?

In thread is not the place to hold these discussions. PM me, start a thread in Don't Expect, Suggest, but don't continue to hijack this thread to hash it out.

Move on.

OK, you're right that I could have handled that differently.

I'll move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom