Did I miss the "I really hate this album" thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NLOTH >>>>>>>>>>>>> Vertigo
Magnificent >>>>>>>>>>>> Miracle Drug
Moment of Surrender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SYCMIOYO
LAPOE >>> UC
COBL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Krazy Tonite
ABOY >>>>>>>>>>>> Sexy Boots
AMAAW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SUC
Fez > Crumbs (I love both)
WAS >>> One Step Closer
Breathe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OOTS
The Troubles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yahweh

NLOTH - 7
HTDAAB - 4

Better than the 8-3 over SOI.

When did they sneak The Troubles onto NLOTH?

Actually, sticking The Troubles onto the end of No Line instead of Cedars would make for one hell of a great album in my books. No Line is my fifth favorite U2 album, and it'd have a hard time making it to number four (as number four is The Joshua Tree), but it would definitely improve the album and fit well (in my opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yahweh>The Troubles.
Window In The Skies > COBL
I'll Go Crazy > Streets

#imlying

I re-listened to the album this weekend along with that of another veteran band and their new album, Manic Street Preachers 'Futurology' (which is absolutely fantastic I think, as is it's sister album, 2013's 'Rewind the Film')

SOI I still think is perhaps the '2's best album since POP; I am a big fan of NLOTH but SOI trumps it I think. It is certainly better than the lacklustre ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

The bonus disc is very good also, the two bonus track, the acoustic sessions, and the alternate versions of two of the best tracks.

Actually, sticking The Troubles onto the end of No Line instead of Cedars would make for one hell of a great album in my books. No Line is my fifth favorite U2 album, and it'd have a hard time making it to number four (as number four is The Joshua Tree), but it would definitely improve the album and fit well (in my opinion).

Cedars is a fine song so replacing it with another fine song doesn't really change my outlook on this album. For me it's all about that awful middle section (you know the one) and the album unfortunately just never recovers.

Of course, without the dreaded "middle 3", its sort of a quiet album with little to no fireworks (save for Fez BB). So i guess the moral of the story (for me, imho, etc.) is sometimes dud fireworks are as bad or worse as not having enough fireworks.

/deadhorse

Cedars is a fine song so replacing it with another fine song doesn't really change my outlook on this album. For me it's all about that awful middle section (you know the one) and the album unfortunately just never recovers.

Of course, without the dreaded "middle 3", its sort of a quiet album with little to no fireworks (save for Fez BB). So i guess the moral of the story (for me, imho, etc.) is sometimes dud fireworks are as bad or worse as not having enough fireworks.

/deadhorse

I don't mind the middle 3. I mean, SUC isn't the best (although I don't hate it), but I think that Crazy is decent, and Boots is really good.

Cedars is my least favorite No Line track. Interesting idea, mediocre execution.

I don't mind the middle 3. I mean, SUC isn't the best (although I don't hate it), but I think that Crazy is decent, and Boots is really good.

Cedars is my least favorite No Line track. Interesting idea, mediocre execution.

Crazy Tonight is good, Boots is a solid album track (horrible single), and SUC is the worst song they've ever made.
Breathe, UC, SUC bring down the album for me. While Magnificent, Fez and White As Snow are top notch U2 listening. I have mixed feelings towards MOS; sometimes I love it, sometimes it bores me to death. NLOTH and Cedars are both very good, though.
It's just that the low points are horrific and the album lacks a great upbeat song.
Oh yeah, and the track listing makes no sense at all. Fez should've opened. Total waste.

Crazy Tonight is good, Boots is a solid album track (horrible single), and SUC is the worst song they've ever made.
Breathe, UC, SUC bring down the album for me. While Magnificent, Fez and White As Snow are top notch U2 listening. I have mixed feelings towards MOS; sometimes I love it, sometimes it bores me to death. NLOTH and Cedars are both very good, though.
It's just that the low points are horrific and the album lacks a great upbeat song.
Oh yeah, and the track listing makes no sense at all. Fez should've opened. Total waste.

Yes because the title track No Line On The Horizon, is a terrible opener! :lol:

It's their best opener since Beautiful Day, easily.

The Miracle is by far the worst album opener they've done. I mean, I guess Helter Skelter isn't exactly genius either, but at least the Charles Manson thing is hilarious.

It's their best opener since Beautiful Day, easily.

The Miracle is by far the worst album opener they've done. I mean, I guess Helter Skelter isn't exactly genius either, but at least the Charles Manson thing is hilarious.

I'm a Miracle fan so I really like it as well as the "original of the species" - Angels Too Tied To The Ground :rockon:

I'd flip Magnificent and NLOTH out of that trio, but I would definitely have Fez open. I've always thought that would work better.

I have flipped on that #2 spot before.
I also have tried Fez-NLOTH2-Magnificent. NLOTH2 follows Fez better than NLOTH because the pace is a lot quicker and has kind of a Zoo Station-EBTTRT from another universe vibe to it.

I agree on the FEZ - MOS - NLOTH.

I suggested a couple of weeks ago Fez-CT-MOS, but I admit that it was awkward. Sorry.
So I changed it back since a few days ago:

Fez
MOS
No Line
Breathe
Unknown Caller
Crazy Tonight
Boots
Stand Up
WAS
Magnificent
COL

Mine usually goes along the lines of ....

Fez
Magnificent
No Line
I'll Go Crazy
MOS
Boots
Window In The Skies
White As Snow
Breathe
Cedars
Unknown Caller
Winter (Brothers Version)

I have flipped on that #2 spot before.
I also have tried Fez-NLOTH2-Magnificent. NLOTH2 follows Fez better than NLOTH because the pace is a lot quicker and has kind of a Zoo Station-EBTTRT from another universe vibe to it.

That would work great indeed. I also tried it with NLOTH2 added after COL/instead of COL. Works surprisingly well. You think the album is done, fell asleep with COL, then BAM, surprise, encore! And NLOTH2 has just such a sublime ending, going out with a bang. :D

Mine usually goes along the lines of ....

Fez
Magnificent
No Line
I'll Go Crazy
MOS
Boots
Window In The Skies
White As Snow
Breathe
Cedars
Unknown Caller
Winter (Brothers Version)

I think it's safe to say that I am in the minority when I say that I find fez to be one of the worst songs on NLOTH. I find it to be boarder line unlistenable.

With that said, I think Magnificent would have been a good opener.

Still like the 'Linear' version;

Unknown Caller
Breathe
Winter
White As Snow
No Line On The Horizon
Fez – Being Born
Magnificent
Stand Up Comedy
Get On Your Boots
Moment Of Surrender
Cedars Of Lebanon

U2_Linear.jpg

fG1+9NVvcmFppxmNVltn0o5DMMwhjDad72LFXNKNntRXrDYA1q6pFMF+Rlxv50qiHqN02zma7qzLCvHAwCAp7GXJQAAQGMEMgAAgMYIZAAAAI0RyAAAABojkAEAADT2D1DihnMT0JnhAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I think it's safe to say that I am in the minority when I say that I find fez to be one of the worst songs on NLOTH. I find it to be boarder line unlistenable.

With that said, I think Magnificent would have been a good opener.

agreed! Magnificent is the best song on this mediocre album. Why not start with a bang.

I tell ya though, I always hated Boots. But when I was toying around with the playlist and put Boots after MOS, I'm not gonna lie, it really rocked. Perfect outro from MOS. Just like Fez flows perfectly into Magnificent imo. Sounds as if it was produced that way and they moved it around. There's about a second of the end of Fez at the beginning of Magnificent.

:shrug: Something I'll never understand is why people get worked up over what random dipshits on the internet post.. but I've already been scolded for that in another thread so I'll keep me trap shut.

Back
Top Bottom