Did anyone catch this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sorry if it's been discussed already but I doubt it has. Today I was listening to Rock 101.1 Vancouver at around 9:30 when they were playing GOYB and at the end of the song the DJs started talking about U2 and all the sudden a new song started playing in the background and they were like STOP STOP STOP...... and then they started loughing "oh that was weired". This song played for maybe 4-5 seconds and sounded like a very cool and very different version of GOYB but was diff a U2 song. Probably a remix of GOYB from the single and they accidently started playing it? I can't say anything else because it was so short and all of the sudden but it was certainly U2 and perhaps a super cool remix of GOYB. They they continued talking about U2 for a couple of minutes after that!

Sorry if it's been discussed already but I doubt it has. Today I was listening to Rock 101.1 Vancouver at around 9:30 when they were playing GOYB and at the end of the song the DJs started talking about U2 and all the sudden a new song started playing in the background and they were like STOP STOP STOP...... and then they started loughing "oh that was weired". This song played for maybe 4-5 seconds and sounded like a very cool and very different version of GOYB but was diff a U2 song. Probably a remix of GOYB from the single and they accidently started playing it? I can't say anything else because it was so short and all of the sudden but it was certainly U2 and perhaps a super cool remix of GOYB. They they continued talking about U2 for a couple of minutes after that!

Perhaps you could email them? I would bet it's either the GOYB remix or NLOTH from the CD single.

You know the hip-hopish parts of GOYB IE " the future needs a kiss... etc etc it sounded like that but the instruments were different. It's hard to explain because it happened so fast and wasn't expecting it.

And...fast reply. He says it's just the song on the single. I might try up our local Clearchannel "alternative/emo/acoustic" station...

Maybe it's the more strait-forward rockin' beachclip version.

uh, what? the only reason you think of the beach clip version as more straight forward/rocking is because you can fill in the gaps of the audio you can't hear with your own imagination. some of the lyrics were moved (i.e. the submarine/gasoline line was moved to the second verse) but thats about it.

uh, what? the only reason you think of the beach clip version as more straight forward/rocking is because you can fill in the gaps of the audio you can't hear with your own imagination. some of the lyrics were moved (i.e. the submarine/gasoline line was moved to the second verse) but thats about it.

The drums are very different.

It sounded similar and U2ish wheather it was or not thats another story when I get home I will e-mail them and find out. But yes it could have been just another song and because it was so quick it may have sounded like U2:hmm: I am still thinking it was a remix of GOYB from the single CD.

How cool would it be if it was one of the other songs from the album. :love:

It could've been top secret and someone deliberately played it. :shifty:

Have you sent a message to them yet?

Back
Top Bottom