Deciphering Yesterdays News...(What It Really Means)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are finally through. I have got the words/lyrics to Moment of Surrender and it has been confirmed that U2 are going to play the song for the first time at this years AFL Grand Final.

It will be magic.

U2 have a special affinity with Melbourne and played a special concert there with Pearl Jam earlier this year. They will start their come back at the AFL Grand Final, bigger and better than ever:-

For those of you who are fans, here is a sneak peak of the words to the new SENSATIONAL song you will hear first time at the AFL Grand Final.

Here are the lyrics:-

Well you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on
Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football
And there's a lot of things around
But when you line 'em up together
The footy wins hands down

At the moment of surrender, in there and fight
Out there and at 'em, show 'em your might
At the moment of surrender, don't let 'em in
Fly like an angel, you're out there to win

Now there's a lot more things to football
That really meets the eye
There are days when you could give it up
There are days when you could fly
You either love or hate it
Depending on the score
But when your team run out or they kick a goal
How's the mighty roar (hooray, hooray)

Out there and at 'em, show 'em your might
At the moment of surrender, don't let 'em in
Fly like an angel, you're out there to win

At the moment of surrender, you're out there to win
In there and at 'em, don't let 'em in
At the moment of surrender, show 'em you're high
Fight like the devil, the crowds on your side

Ahhh...
Out there and at 'em, show 'em you're might

Aside from U2 fans having to wait a few more months for new U2 music, do you know what this delay means? Do you realize the potential impact this has on U.S. politics? I'm serious.

Every time U2 has released a new album in a U.S. presidential election year, the Republican candidate has gone on to win the election.

I guess we have no choice but to wait!
sad.gif
They don't 'need' more awards or money but other hand, they do run a "business" so its hard to believe that they'll opt out of the fall release. Its the official announcement on their site that seems to conflict with prior statements and historical release dates.

I was a little disappointed initially but I'd rather them put a cohesive album out next year that they're happy with & excited about, than make haste just to get in for awards and Xmas sales. I doubt they'll put out a double album but maybe the album then EP.
coolshades.gif
*hint hint* I can wait for that... impatiently but waiting just the same.
happy.gif

As for the expectations of it being "mind-blowing" & comparisons to JT and AB, I try not to think about that and get ahead of myself too much. That's like believing Bono when he says "The Edge is on Fire"! lol.
happy.gif
It'll either speak for itself, ROCK and surprise me... or less so. (hopefully the former). I can't imagine them putting out something I'd really hate or that I'd react to like I did with POP (prematurely) but that's b/c they're like an old loyal friend, tried, tested and true.

What's going in this thread??? People got mental cause of the album delay?????

My fear is that delay = overproduction = ATYCLB Part III.

It's not that I haven't enjoyed the last two albums, just that I was hoping for something a bit more "unfiltered" this time.

Wow. Massive change there.

I'm glad they're taking their time.
They need to get this right. The last two albums were good but not great. They did not have quality songs throughout. Pop was different, they had the songs but the production was wrong, but at least it stands out more than the blandness of the last two. The bits I've heard are very promising and seems to be in the vein of Achtung Baby, their greatest album. It's been a long time since then, but I'm willing to wait a bit more so long as they deliver. They should forget about touring engagements and just concentrate on making great music. The albums will last forever. Look at what the Beatles accomplished without having to tour. If they're creating great stuff, then keep going I say. But don't relaese double albums, they're never seen as the best work of an artist. It's better if they use material for b-sides or keep it for the following album, like they did with Achtung Baby. That album had some unreal bsides and Zooropa's standing is rising with the years. Let's just hope they come up something new, exciting and which stands the test of time. Oh and Daniel, don't let the others ruin your work. You're they guy that makes U2 truly great.

As long as it's released within the decade.

Otherwise The Best of 2000-2010 is gonna be a bit on the thin side!

Haha, that's probably the strongest indicator that it will be out by February with another album shortly after. You know U2 want to get that Best Of 2000-2010 out there!

‘This is our chance for us to defy gravity once again, ‘ explains Bono, calling in from a break in recording sessions in the south of France. ‘ We have what it takes, we have the songs, new rhythms and a guitar player who is not ready to re-enter earth's atmosphere until he's taken a slice of the moon!"

Seriously, Bono, what the fuck???

Back
Top Bottom