Dave Gahan likes NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved Wrong, still do, so i looked up a few songs up, and i remembered Personal Jesus and Enjoy the silence but i never really cared, but now i completely love it. I should check out more of their albums.
But i downloaded Sounds of the universe, i am not really familiar with their other stuff but it is very very weak indeed, it sounds like the songs are made in 5 minutes.

Do yourself the biggest favor of your life and get Some Great Reward, Black Celebration, Music For The Masses, Violator, Songs Of Faith And Devotion, Ultra, Exciter and Playing The Angel

Do yourself the biggest favor of your life and get Some Great Reward, Black Celebration, Music For The Masses, Violator, Songs Of Faith And Devotion, Ultra, Exciter and Playing The Angel
Maybe i will, it better be good then lol.

But i read on Wikipedia this:
"Wrong" is the first single from the album, released digitally on February 21, 2009, and physically on April 6 (April 7 in the U.S.). The video is directed by Patrick Daughters.
The full album was leaked over the Internet on March 26, 2009, albeit with some songs incomplete.

I thought it was the retail version:doh: Well if this is true then there is still hope then right, or is this really the final version already?

In Your Room is the best DM song. One of the greatest things popular culture has given the world.

Gotta say, and maybe it's too early to judge, but the new Depeche Mode album is just baaaaaad. There's like 4 decent songs on it. And i thought Playing The Angel was mediocre. Anyway, U2 won this time around.

I completely agree, and I'm also a DM fan.

yeah, I'm with you on this one.
but the album is growing on me a little, so maybe the "final" version of the album will be great as all DM albums are :hmm:

That's funny, I would have lopped off the last three on your list, and instead recommended their first three: Speak and Spell, A Broken Frame and Construction Time Again.

I should be a snot and post that link in this thread lol.

U2's No Line 0n The HoriZon - Depeche Mode Message Board
Sicy, I just had to post this.

About a week or so later on MTV news they were on their European leg of the tour and um, "The Edge" said something about being glad to be back in countries that are over 200 years old again.

A nice little jab at the U.S. if you ask me!

If he's sooo offended by the relative newness of the states in comparison to Europe, then why come here and tour in the first place??

That was the end of any interest I had in U2. Haven't seen them since, haven't bought a single CD, or even a song of theirs on iTunes.

That's hilarious. :lol:

That's funny, I would have lopped off the last three on your list, and instead recommended their first three: Speak and Spell, A Broken Frame and Construction Time Again.

Speak and Spell is good for what it is, but if all their music sounded that way, I wouldnt be such a big fan

I'm a DM fan and have seen them live a few times but near got in huge fight with some of the idiotic fans about NLOTH over at their official forum.

What I hate about stories like yours, Sicy, is that people - in this case, DM fans - hate HTDAAB as "too pop" and U2 "trying to hard". O.K., I don't agree, but I can accept the criticism.

Then U2 make NLOTH and now comments are how it's "not accessible" and there's "no rocking songs on it" or "no hits" or "too slow" or whatever.

U2 can't win!

Granted, I have said this plenty of times in this forum, but at least people here are still U2 fans.

Bottom line, the DM fans don't like U2. O.K. But we don't tear apart DM here. Sure, we pick on a few bands - mostly the copycats - but there are quite a few artists here that other U2 fans love. Yet it seems fans of other bands can be very closed-minded.

At least the people IN the band aren't. And they seem to have a great sense of humor. :up:

About a week or so later on MTV news they were on their European leg of the tour and um, "The Edge" said something about being glad to be back in countries that are over 200 years old again.

A nice little jab at the U.S. if you ask me!

If he's sooo offended by the relative newness of the states in comparison to Europe, then why come here and tour in the first place??

That was the end of any interest I had in U2. Haven't seen them since, haven't bought a single CD, or even a song of theirs on iTunes.

This was hilarious! Some people can't get sarcasm in any possible way. I'm amazed at the utter stupidity of people. Why hasn't evolution booted these idiots yet? ;)

I feel bad for who ever posted this. I hope he never goes overseas - especially to Ireland and the U.K. The dry wit running rampant there will have this person crying in seconds. :lol:

Bottom line, the DM fans don't like U2. O.K. But we don't tear apart DM here. Sure, we pick on a few bands - mostly the copycats - but there are quite a few artists here that other U2 fans love. Yet it seems fans of other bands can be very closed-minded.

EXACTLY!!! I have been thinking that this whole time but didnt want to say that over there because I hate getting into arguments lol. It's a no win situation and not worth my time honestly.

To be honest, i know alot of people who love U2 and Depeche Mode as their fave bands (me being one of them). The dude from the band VAST, Jon Crosby, sites U2 and D-mode as his alltime faves.

The one thing about Depeche is tho, they hit it huge in the world a couple times and then kinda faded into cult territory. It's still "cool" to like them. Whereas U2 went the Top 40 route with ATYCLB and BOMB, I'm sure some of those fans were probably just turned off. That's my opinion anyway. I loved ATYCLB. Bomb, nah, but whatever. NLOTH is pretty good.

The one thing about Depeche is tho, they hit it huge in the world a couple times and then kinda faded into cult territory. It's still "cool" to like them. Whereas U2 went the Top 40 route with ATYCLB and BOMB, I'm sure some of those fans were probably just turned off. That's my opinion anyway. I loved ATYCLB. Bomb, nah, but whatever. NLOTH is pretty good.

To be honest, I think Ultra, Exiter and Playing The Angel are for DM what POP, ATYCLB and HTDAAB are to U2, in a way...

The dude from the band VAST, Jon Crosby, sites U2 and D-mode as his alltime faves.

:applaud:

Good to see another VAST listener. I was just listening to him last night and was thinking how well they fit it with my NLOTH, AB listening marathon. I needed something to break it all up!!!

Back
Top Bottom