Daniel Lanois interviewed on 102.1 The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about releasing two seperate distinct albums a couple of weeks apart? A kind of 'black and white' thing. Wouldn't do much for overall sales, but artistically it would be pretty cool.

Yeah back in 1993 they did. The only surprises we get now are disappointments over delays.

So, now that Lanois has been in New York for about 2 weeks, may we assume that half of the album is completely mixed by now?
Hurry up with the other half! :up:

So, now that Lanois has been in New York for about 2 weeks, may we assume that half of the album is completely mixed by now?
Hurry up with the other half! :up:

The article I read said he was mixing 'half'. It didn't say which half.

That said, Lanois is back in Los Angeles. That tells me what he was mixing is done.

I'd ordered the "Goldtop Edition" of his "Acadie" album. It is a reissued, updated, extra tracks, cool booklet AND signed version of Daniel's 1989 solo debut. They were to come out a few weeks ago but then delayed them until Daniel came back to sign the first 500 copies.

Mine arrived today. So Danny got back to LA to sign them in the past few days. Perhaps, he was on the same flight as Bono came in on last weekend? I dunno. Anywho...

...my receiving the signed copy today tells me Danny did his work in NY. Good news!

CD Slipcase (signed in gold paint marker)[/SIZE][/FONT]
scan0003-1.jpg
[/FONT]

Main album cover
scan0003-2.jpg
[/FONT]

The article I read said he was mixing 'half'. It didn't say which half.

That said, Lanois is back in Los Angeles. That tells me what he was mixing is done.

I'd ordered the "Goldtop Edition" of his "Acadie" album. It is a reissued, updated, extra tracks, cool booklet AND signed version of Daniel's 1989 solo debut. They were to come out a few weeks ago but then delayed them until Daniel came back to sign the first 500 copies.

Mine arrived today. So Danny got back to LA to sign them in the past few days. Perhaps, he was on the same flight as Bono came in on last weekend? I dunno. Anywho...

...my receiving the signed copy today tells me Danny did his work in NY. Good news!

CD Slipcase (signed in gold paint marker)[/SIZE][/FONT]
scan0003-1.jpg
[/FONT]

Main album cover
scan0003-2.jpg
[/FONT]

It's funny...I was checking Brian Eno's web page today. On October 2, he wrote that the Gold top edition of Acadie had been delayed because Lanois was in New York FINISHING mixing on the new U2 album.

It's funny...I was checking Brian Eno's web page today. On October 2, he wrote that the Gold top edition of Acadie had been delayed because Lanois was in New York FINISHING mixing on the new U2 album.

That was the plan, but this is how it turned out:

"Specifically, he spoke of those two weeks spent "mixing" in NY. In the end, instead of mixing, he said that the band completely rewrote a few of the songs that were finished. This was a good thing, because he then said that they are now better songs than before."

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...meet-and-greet-with-daniel-lanois-190398.html

I was just listening to the above radio station (102.1 The Edge) and they're going to feature an interview with Daniel Lanois at 6:15pm; the dj said they will ask about the upcoming U2 album. It didn't sound like they'll be airing a repeat interview...

Anyway, the website is 102.1 the Edge if interested.

Thanks for the information, I'm sure it will be new comments. If I recall correctly Lanois said he would be back in November to talk to 102.1 The Edge again.
But then again, didn't he say November 14th?

Back
Top Bottom