Could you see U2 doing a Blues/Soul type album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was listening to my best of of Howlin Wolf and it made me think for a moment could U2 pull of a blues sounding album and still have there own style to it.

If they went in a new direction this new album Id vote for a blues like album ;)

Anyway any opinions on this?

I don't really think Edge is getting into jazz because of his involvement in New Orleans. He really doesn't have the appropriate chops to pull it off. I see a lush, orchestrated affair along the lines of Original and Windows.

Whenever I think of U2 playing the blues or soul, I remember "play the blues, Edge" from Rattle and Hum. Edge then proceeds to play one of the most un-bluesy solos ever :lol:

Considering how well the last "blues" album they did went...I don't think so.

lmao, a very cringe-worthy moment as a U2 fan

Canadiens1160 said:
Whenever I think of U2 playing the blues or soul, I remember "play the blues, Edge" from Rattle and Hum. Edge then proceeds to play one of the most un-bluesy solos ever :lol:

I can't wait for When Love Comes To Town II: The Knees Of My Soul. :drool:

When love Comes to Town is great because you can even hear U2 being in awe of B. B. King on the track. It's like two things that absolutely don't go together in one several minute space and it works okay.

U2 ? No
If it was a solo project, maybe.
Bono dreams to write What's Going On part 2.

soulful lyrics + bluesy guitar solo's = whats not to like.

I hope they take this direction later in their career but not now.

Just because a genre sounds good, doesn't mean that U2 sound try it out. Lets face it they're good, but not that good.

For some reason the idea of U2 and Blues, is like trying to get R.E.M. to do country. While not entirely impossible it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom