Contest Winner, when can I expect to receive NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
Kroq in Los Angeles had a U2 related promotion the last week and I won a "pre-release" copy of NLOTH (unforunately, I didn't win the grand prize; a trip to London to see U2 at the Brits :sad: ). I'm expecting pre-release really means that I'll receive the CD no earlier than one minute before everyone else. It does make me wonder though, when can I actually expect to get the CD? Has anyone else won a similar contest and when did you actually get your hands on a pre-release copy of the album you won?

Hmmm, depending on when you'll be getting the cd... this might be better than the trip. :hmm:

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

104820leekkr4.jpg

Are they allowed to give out copies early?

Hopefully they won't wait until March 3 to give it to you! :huh:

Congratulations, though!

Are they allowed to give out copies early?

Hopefully they won't wait until March 3 to give it to you! :huh:

Congratulations, though!

They have a pretty good relationship with U2, maybe they are able to give it to you after its released in Ireland, but still technically a pre-release in the US

The girl who answered the phone when I won (I'm sure she was an intern) mentioned that she didn't know when they'd get the CDs. She also didn't know if they'd be mailed out or if I would have to pick it up. She just took down all my info and that was that. I'm sure I won't be the first here with the album, but I'll be sure to help you with that faucet :wink: if needed.

I won Zooropa in a "win it before you can buy it" weekend give away from a radio station in St. Louis (on a Saturday afternoon). The only catch was I had to go to the station to pick it up.....on Tuesday when it was released! By the time I picked it up from the station Tuesday afternoon, all my friends had bought it from the store...:doh:

I won the Smashing Pumpkins CD Adore "before you can buy it" about four weeks before it came out. It arrived in the mail four weeks after the release date. :doh:

I wouldn't count on actually having it prior to street date. Who knows when the radio station actually get their promotional/give away copies.

I'm gonna make a song about leaking the album. I must advise you people to expect the unexpected. :wink:

I won Zooropa in a "win it before you can buy it" weekend give away from a radio station in St. Louis (on a Saturday afternoon). The only catch was I had to go to the station to pick it up.....on Tuesday when it was released! By the time I picked it up from the station Tuesday afternoon, all my friends had bought it from the store...:doh:

This is pretty much what I'm expecting.

Back
Top Bottom