[CONFIRMED] U2 to perform Get On Your Boots at the Brit Awards!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might have been the mix, but it just didn't sound right to me, especially the vocals.

Not their best performance but I think they were let down a bit by the sound mix again - I need to see/hear it again but it seemed to me guitar/vocals kept fading in & out. Initial thoughts are that the Grammy performance had more energy but I'm biased by the HD version of that :)

Does this seem right. People that watched the stream of the performance on the internet liked it overall. Whereas people that watched on tv didn't like it.

Yup, that did sound much better and "cleaner" than the Grammys.

Did you guys notice the live Chat that was going on right next to the video.?

U2 was getting killed ,I mean absolutely destroyed by those people in the chat room. I almost tured off the performance because I got so distracted by the negative outpouring by those people over there.

same here - the messages that were scrolling were just annoying. Agrhhhh!!
BUT, you gotta wonder how much the opinion of those people matter - after all, they were all trashing U2, calling them old, wanting them to get off the stage because they are waiting to see Pussycat Dolls, and ...some other girl groups that i can't even name at this point.

Does this seem right. People that watched the stream of the performance on the internet liked it overall. Whereas people that watched on tv didn't like it.

:hmm:

Well I know with the Grammies (which I watched online and then on TV), that the tv version had the suckiest sound on Earth. I literally couldn't turn my TV up loud enough to hear it properly. It's my experience that U2 without proper sound just won't do. :tsk:

:wink:

I have really mixed feelings about GOYB :hmm:

I like the song itself. I love the video. I think it kicks ass.

But, the live performances so far have left me not wanting to see any more live performances of GOYB :sad:

I know they've only played it twice so far and they will most probabaly perfect it by the time the tour rolls around, but, I just don't like seeing it live right now. Feels like they should have worked out some more details.

Bad sound............even listening through cinema surround.

Too much bass, Edge guitar too thin........vocals sound strained. This was always a hard song to reproduce live and this needs more speaker power. People whe like U2 woudln't like it and those who dont know much about them would've hated it.

This Is In The Wrong Forum And It Should Have Just Been Posted In The Brit Awards Thread In Where The Album Has A Name.

Really? there are too many on here and by the time I had found the right thread the Brits will been over! its impossible to keep up with so many, shame its not reduced a bit! :)

anyway back on track, bono was in front of a massive screen at first silhoutted reminded me of ZooTV/Zooroopa! :)

I think they will get their shit together once the tour rolls around, but they need to push out a new single already if they can't start nailing the performances yet. Release one that's easier to play/sing/mix whatever because it's making Boots look bad, but Boots could be f'n awesome if they just sharpened everything up. Love the little ZooTV stuff again though, that intro was always badass, I hope they keep something like that for the concerts.

I had the the justin tv link opened and ready... and I got called away for something(at work). and when I came back they had already ended.... aahahhahah:doh:

I have really mixed feelings about GOYB :hmm:

I like the song itself. I love the video. I think it kicks ass.

But, the live performances so far have left me not wanting to see any more live performances of GOYB :sad:

I know they've only played it twice so far and they will most probabaly perfect it by the time the tour rolls around, but, I just don't like seeing it live right now. Feels like they should have worked out some more details.

You summed up my feelings pretty well there. I love the single and video, but the live performances, not so much.

I think Edge is the problem with the song, the guitar just doesnt seem there. Larry wasnt as good as he was at the grammy's

Not great.. there's too much going on in the song the sound mix wasn't great and Bono seemed to be trying too hard. Then again I was never that impressed with BD and Vertigo when they hit the award ceremonies. The proof will be in a true U2 live setting me thinks...

I didn't think it was bad. Bono seemed to have his shit together a bit more this time around. Enjoyable listening even on a dodgy feed.

As much as I like them and the song I must admit that the backing vocals were still awful, and the guitar sound too thin, they should figure up something or release a new single, because this problem is going to kill them with the general audience. Oh, I watched it through the justin tv link.

Back
Top Bottom