Confirmed track names? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Edge89
The following are rumoured song titles mentioned in different interviews etc:
  • No Line On The Horizon (possibly Beachclip 402)
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • "All My Life" (beachclip 404)
  • Thank You For The Day
  • "I Believe" (beachclip 402)
  • If I Could Live My Life Again
  • Mercy
  • Love Is All We Have Left
  • North Star
  • Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
  • You Can't Give Away Your Heart
these titles are all fine and dandy, but these titles just don't seem to give me that star quality, they don't seem to hint towards any incredibly huge songs...so i hope we don't get stuff like this...

i mean..."Where the Streets Have No Name"- c'mon, that's a good song already! ....."You Can't Give Away Your Heart", "I Believe" - these are just weak and boring..

"One Tree Hill" - this is intriguing from the start!- this really makes me want to hear the song...

yeah...I'm hoping for better titles...
__________________

Rob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #17
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,968
Local Time: 03:01 PM
Heh, I remember when we named I Believe. We didn't really have anything else for clip 402, since it's so hard to hear the lyrics. No Line On The Horizon is far better. I don't think too many people really took to calling it I Believe anyway, probably because it's weak and boring; I usually see it named 402. Things are much different for 404, which I normally see called All My Life.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
War Child
 
Inner El Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 609
Local Time: 11:01 PM
These are the only ones that Bono "confirmed", although any reasonable guess is that most of these are working titles.

No Line On The Horizon (Sundance interview)
For Your Love (Morocco interview)
One Bird (Morocco interview)
If I Could Live My Life Again (Bono's book)
Mercy (Blender magazine)
Love Is All We Have Left (interview in Africa)
North Star (interview w/Michael W Smith)
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go (Grammy interview)
You Can't Give Away Your Heart (Spin magazine)
Inner El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
OrARoundabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,333
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Edge89
The following are rumoured song titles mentioned in different interviews etc:
  • No Line On The Horizon (possibly Beachclip 402)
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • "All My Life" (beachclip 404)
  • Thank You For The Day
  • "I Believe" (beachclip 402)
  • If I Could Live My Life Again
  • Mercy
  • Love Is All We Have Left
  • North Star
  • Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
  • You Can't Give Away Your Heart
Urgh...except for a few, they all sound like crap titles if you ask me...
OrARoundabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #20
War Child
 
Inner El Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 609
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Also, there are two the choral songs that Lanois mentioned.

One of them is in the Lanois film, although based on the melody and the refrain going on in the background, I wouldn't fall on the floor if that was a reworked 'Mercy' refrain (towards the end).
Inner El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #21
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,968
Local Time: 03:01 PM
Hasn't Daniel Lanois played the song from beach clip 403 live in concert under the simple title of Thank You?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,257
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob33


these titles are all fine and dandy, but these titles just don't seem to give me that star quality, they don't seem to hint towards any incredibly huge songs...so i hope we don't get stuff like this...

i mean..."Where the Streets Have No Name"- c'mon, that's a good song already! ....."You Can't Give Away Your Heart", "I Believe" - these are just weak and boring..

"One Tree Hill" - this is intriguing from the start!- this really makes me want to hear the song...

yeah...I'm hoping for better titles...
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. There may not be any titles here that knock your socks off, but it doesn't mean they're bad songs. Beautiful Day, One, Exit, Pride all have mediocre titles but are excellent songs.
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. There may not be any titles here that knock your socks off, but it doesn't mean they're bad songs. Beautiful Day, One, Exit, Pride all have mediocre titles but are excellent songs.
oh of course not...

yes I agree with you entirely....I wasn't inferring that bad titles automatically equate to not so great songs....this is rather obvious...of course excellent songs can have mediocre titles...

but for the sake of hoping for an incredible album, I'd rather see intriguing titles than weak and boring ones...that's all I'm saying
Rob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #24
New Yorker
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,055
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Umm don't forget about Treason and Sky hawk! I am not sure where i heard treason but I did hear that name come up and Sky Hawk was originaly supposed to be the spider man song and or supposed to be on HTDAAB I dont know if it turned into a song we have already heard or not
dabiggestu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #25
New Yorker
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,055
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob33


these titles are all fine and dandy, but these titles just don't seem to give me that star quality, they don't seem to hint towards any incredibly huge songs...so i hope we don't get stuff like this...

i mean..."Where the Streets Have No Name"- c'mon, that's a good song already! ....."You Can't Give Away Your Heart", "I Believe" - these are just weak and boring..

"One Tree Hill" - this is intriguing from the start!- this really makes me want to hear the song...

yeah...I'm hoping for better titles...
Umm the saying of "never judge a book by its cover" comes true here. Common, these are just song titles, you can't think a song is bad or good based on their titles!!

Some examples are for example:

The first time - song title is not great but the song is amazing and what about radio head's "paranoid Android" that is a pretty shitty song title but the song itself is simply AMAZING!

just my 2 cents
dabiggestu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,701
Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
yeah...I'm hoping for better titles...


Quote:

Urgh...except for a few, they all sound like crap titles if you ask me...
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
The_Edge89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden Northwest of Dancing ZooTV
Posts: 4,069
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Inner El Guapo
These are the only ones that Bono "confirmed", although any reasonable guess is that most of these are working titles.

No Line On The Horizon (Sundance interview)
For Your Love (Morocco interview)
One Bird (Morocco interview)
If I Could Live My Life Again (Bono's book)
Mercy (Blender magazine)
Love Is All We Have Left (interview in Africa)
North Star (interview w/Michael W Smith)
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go (Grammy interview)
You Can't Give Away Your Heart (Spin magazine)
Actually, Thank You For The Day was in that Brian Williams interview from Ghana except Bono didn't mention a title for it. He did recite some lyrics though. (03:34-04:06)

“There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbour in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day. “

The_Edge89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #28
Refugee
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,700
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Hasn't Daniel Lanois played the song from beach clip 403 live in concert under the simple title of Thank You?
He did so.
ZOOTVTOURist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dabiggestu2fan


Umm the saying of "never judge a book by its cover" comes true here. Common, these are just song titles, you can't think a song is bad or good based on their titles!!

Some examples are for example:

The first time - song title is not great but the song is amazing and what about radio head's "paranoid Android" that is a pretty shitty song title but the song itself is simply AMAZING!

just my 2 cents


maybe you didn't read my last post, two above you....


Sad Punk, you make me laugh really hard sometimes...
Rob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #30
Refugee
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,700
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by OrARoundabout
Urgh...except for a few, they all sound like crap titles if you ask me...
Oh my goodness, these names are 'working titles' by the band – or names, applied to some tracks by fans ("beach clips"). So no need to worry to lament on weak album tunes yet, because we absolute have no idea, what they will be called or how they sound.
Or would you like an album track called "The Weather Girls"? No? Hm, U2 decided for the official release to give it another name: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ...
__________________

ZOOTVTOURist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com