Confirmed track names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, The Weather Girls was the song the drums for ISHFWILF came from. Not actually the same song.:nerd:

The_Edge89 said:

Actually, Thank You For The Day was in that Brian Williams interview from Ghana except Bono didn't mention a title for it. He did recite some lyrics though. (03:34-04:06)

“There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbour in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day. “

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQANEXCEP3I

Yeesh, those are horrible lyrics. I tried to forget that one.
Isn't that just a Daniel Lanois song co-written by Bono?
I doubt that shows up on a U2 album.
He (Lanois) performed it one time in concert.

Isn't that one of the beach clips as well? I guess it is.
I suppose you could include that one, although I hope it's not on the album. If Lanois is playing it off on his own, I think it may be out of the question.

Inner El Guapo said:

Yeesh, those are horrible lyrics. I tried to forget that one.
Isn't that just a Daniel Lanois song co-written by Bono?
I doubt that shows up on a U2 album.
He (Lanois) performed it one time in concert.

I suppose you could include that one, although I hope it's not on the album. If Lanois is playing it off on his own, I think it may be out of the question.

Not necessarily. Did you hear about the "two projects" rumour from Steve Averill? He claimed during a Q&A session in Dublin that U2 are working on two projects, one of their own and another "Passengers"-like project including Lanois and Eno. It might end up on the Eno/Lanois collaboration if such a project still exists.
And yes it was one of the 2006 beachclips as well but it was different from Lanois' version.

SpaceBoy said:
Actually, The Weather Girls was the song the drums for ISHFWILF came from. Not actually the same song.:nerd:
Exactly, because that' what makes diference between a raw track and a finished, recorded song and what makes difference between a working title and the songs real name...So, that was my point, actually

The_Edge89 said:

Not necessarily. Did you hear about the "two projects" rumour from Steve Averill?

Do we still think there's going to be another "Passengers" like project...:eyebrow:

I think Averill was speaking a little early...I think they only have time for a new "U2" album now...:yes:

The_Edge89 said:

Actually, Thank You For The Day was in that Brian Williams interview from Ghana except Bono didn't mention a title for it. He did recite some lyrics though. (03:34-04:06)

“There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbour in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day. “

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQANEXCEP3I

Knees, Knees

There goes the "Knees" again *rolls eyes

Axver said:
Heh, I remember when we named I Believe. We didn't really have anything else for clip 402, since it's so hard to hear the lyrics. No Line On The Horizon is far better. I don't think too many people really took to calling it I Believe anyway, probably because it's weak and boring; I usually see it named 402. Things are much different for 404, which I normally see called All My Life.

From the beginning I've been arguing that "All My Life" would actually be called "This Moment I'm In."

I really hope Stop (The Poverty) doesn't make the album. Sounds like a shit song to me. And with songs with titles like that, I judge the book by the cover. :|

the tourist said:
I really hope Stop (The Poverty) doesn't make the album. Sounds like a shit song to me. And with songs with titles like that, I judge the book by the cover. :|

:lmao:

You didn't know it was a joke??

Zootlesque said:

:lmao:

You didn't know it was a joke??

I've been reading it for a long time. Pretty much since the end of the regular Vertigo Tour in '05. Then I went away for a long time. And people were still talking about it. That and Treason and North Star.

the tourist said:

Why thank you. I needed some reassurance.

Hahaha

Did you honestly think Bono would write a song called Stop The Poverty? :lmao:

Then again... you never know with U2 these days... :|

Zootlesque said:

Hahaha

Did you honestly think Bono would write a song called Stop The Poverty? :lmao:

Then again... you never know with U2 these days... :|

Actually, yes. I could really envision Bono writing that. And U2 becoming a guilty pleasure because of it.

Somehow, when I try to think of a U2 song called Stop (The Poverty), all I can imagine is a catchy pop tune. Like a Spice Girls kind of thing.

So yeah. I hope it remains a horrible, horrible joke.

Back
Top Bottom