Confirmed Album Cover - Grey Boxes Are? / U2 Album Cover Rip-Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are those grey boxes?

• Boxes = Text Placeholder

Votes: 88 27.5%
  • Boxes = Something Else Open Interpretation

Votes: 164 51.3%
  • Boxes = Nothing

Votes: 68 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K guys, if the cover does have the grey boxes on it, can we officially call the album "=" instead of "NLOTH" for abbreviation??!?!?!?!:hmm::hmm:

A comment... when you open U2.com... one of the pics that appear is the cover itself... and it has the gray blocks. I think they are on the cover indeed.
After all, what the hell U2 could be trying to hide????

ACK! Sorry for the extra posts, having some trouble here with my computer... :mad:
It's not your computer. The capslock filter reads the code for the :D smiley ":D" to be a capslock only post (technically it is, as the only letter present IS capitalized) and alters it to be uncapitalized. One can get around this by adding at least one lowercase letter somewhere in the post.

Theory on Cover Night=Day

Hi all, long time user, short time poster.

I have a theory regarding the cover the = sign and the concept of day and night.

If this is covered elsewhere please close the thread.

Looking at the cover as it apears its like day time.
Turn it upside down and it seems almost like night time.

The = sign taking on another meaning to the sky = sea theory that is floating around
night = day?? which fits comments from others about the two halves of this album?

I dunno, i'm just throwing it out there.

Chewy.

Hi all, long time user, short time poster.

I have a theory regarding the cover the = sign and the concept of day and night.

If this is covered elsewhere please close the thread.

Looking at the cover as it apears its like day time.
Turn it upside down and it seems almost like night time.

The = sign taking on another meaning to the sky = sea theory that is floating around
night = day?? which fits comments from others about the two halves of this album?

I dunno, i'm just throwing it out there.

Chewy.

Hmmm I don't really see the night time part of it.

But who knows?? Maybe you are right. Maybe that's the whole point is there are so many different ways to look at it even though it's so "simple" :wink:

You know that picture of the fat lady in the pool blowing water out her butt like a whale's blow hole?

I think they should put that there.

Someone photoshop it!!!

When I first saw it I thought the bars are placeholders for the text. But I don't want any text on it.

I like the theory with the equal signs and the night/day concept. I'd like it more, as a work of art, if it was only the picture, but the bars add something surreal to it. Since numbers seem to play a role in the new U2 songs, the equal sign may be not so much out of place.

Still haven't got used to it but I'll wait and see.

Hmmm I don't really see the night time part of it.

But who knows?? Maybe you are right. Maybe that's the whole point is there are so many different ways to look at it even though it's so "simple" :wink:

I think that the bars are benches for the guys to sit on and look cool and stylish.

My suggestion in the other thread was that they are scratch boxes like on scratchies! you scratch them off to reveal the rest of the cover :)

I've seen a band here in australia do that and it was really cool!

It obviously is an =

whatelse could there be standing there? their name and albumname? makes no sense at all. I like the "=" although it is a bit too big. The more I look it it the more I like it though:hyper:

My suggestion in the other thread was that they are scratch boxes like on scratchies! you scratch them off to reveal the rest of the cover :)

I've seen a band here in australia do that and it was really cool!

Name names !

I think it would be cool if you could scratch it and get a code to download one of however many songs online for free (Tripoli, Every Breaking Wave, Winter). That way the hardcore U2 fans would each buy at least a few albums until they got every track. They could make Tripoli extremely rare so We'd have to buy like ten albums each.

I hope Paul McGuinne$$ doesn't read that.

I personally think that putting text where the boxes are - something like this:

nlothcover4.jpg

...would be disappointing, boring and disrespectful to the artwork. The artwork is the picture WITH the lines...

I think it would be cool. I don't wanna get too artsy fartsy. I guess it would say the title on the spine, hun?

The equal sign is cut from the cover... ...probably you'll see inside the package!!!!!!! Imagine such a thing: you bring out the booklet and you see a phrase while you open it...

...imagine the effect with the sleeve of a vinyl version!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom