Cold Dream Colour - sign of what's to come? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
I'd like a combination of ambience and song, which I think is where U2's strength lies.
Yes please.

I don't think an album of music like this is where U2 should go. But I really love it when they can blend elements of ambient music like this with "real songs".

digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:22 PM
I just downloaded the first 5 tracks and I'm starting to listen now. The only bummer is that the download site said I had reached my download limit for the day! Guess I'll have to hope the last 2 tracks are still up tomorrow...

Niceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
of course, the best parts of this soundtrack could be coming from the other guy, Paul Chavez.. another guitarist, in the ambient/industrial vein.. Google
Yeah, there's no way to know if Edge contributed anything more than the parts that are obviously him. I like to think he was responsible for more than the chimes, but after listening to it for a few days I'm not too confident that he is. Not that it matters for the purpose of this record because I really like it, but if the new U2 record is going to be any good he needs to bring a bit more creativity to the studio.
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #19
The Fly

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, or if anyone can offer advice. I found some links to download this which offered 7 tracks. Now, according to everything else i've read, the SDTK has 8 tracks. After doing some research, i believe that my "source" left out track 4. i tried to contact the uploaded but he never responded. i guess specifically i was wondering if anyone knows how or where i can get the missing song. I'm certainly willing to pay for it/buy it...It drives me crazy, missing a track!

if anyone has any comments id be oh, so grateful.

thanks
Broadsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, or if anyone can offer advice. I found some links to download this which offered 7 tracks. Now, according to everything else i've read, the SDTK has 8 tracks. After doing some research, i believe that my "source" left out track 4. i tried to contact the uploaded but he never responded. i guess specifically i was wondering if anyone knows how or where i can get the missing song. I'm certainly willing to pay for it/buy it...It drives me crazy, missing a track!

if anyone has any comments id be oh, so grateful.

thanks
I think I saw your posts on U2 start. I was looking forward for the original poster to reply to your queries. I'd love to hear track 4! Hopefully this album will get a commercial release; it doesn't make sense to keep such wonderful music made by a major artist a secret.

What I don't get is the absence of any sort of buzz about this. It's a new record by the Edge (in collaboration with Paul Chavez, but still...) and it's reasonable to think this is something that people would be excited about, or at least interested in hearing.

I don't get it. I can understand people not enjoying it, but I can't comprehend U2 fans not wanting to hear it. Why the hell haven't people who have been to the show and bought CDs spread the files?
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
I don't get it. I can understand people not enjoying it, but I can't comprehend U2 fans not wanting to hear it. Why the hell haven't people who have been to the show and bought CDs spread the files?
everyone's at Spiderman
Registered Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:22 PM
I didn't realize it was a "show" to catch. I thought it was a one-off performance? Going to the site, I don't even really see anything about where/when it is?

COLD DREAM COLOR a Dance Homage to Louis le Brocquy

What am I missing here?

Honestly, I hadn't heard anything about it until this thread. I see two reviews on the site from 2010 ... is this still going on? Or was it a very short run, and for whatever reason, it didn't get a lot of play in the U2 world? (Edit: I see another link to a review of its US debut from this past March.)

If there's a soundtrack to be bought, maybe those U2 fans who have seen it don't feel right about sharing it for free, as it's not U2 missing out on potential sales, but other artists in play here, who aren't mega-rich.

That's just my first reaction, not really knowing anything about it.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
It had a short three-day run in LA and they sold a soundtrack CD at the performances. It's not available anywhere else. I do hear that they plan to do some performances in other cities, so I've got my fingers crossed for Seattle.
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, cool. Thanks! Let me know if you hear anything more about it.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 10:22 PM
I messaged the site to see if they would sell me a copy. Unfortunately, they said no.
crankity crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
The Fly

Yeah I emailed them too. Same response. Maybe if we inundate them with requests, someone will get the hint.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

I imagine a sigh, possibly and eyeroll, followed by the sentence: "Oh crap, the U2 fans found out about the CD."

Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #28
The Fly

Lol. I can totally picture it.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
I imagine a sigh, possibly and eyeroll, followed by the sentence: "Oh crap, the U2 fans found out about the CD."

Don't they like money?
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceman View Post
I just downloaded the first 5 tracks and I'm starting to listen now. The only bummer is that the download site said I had reached my download limit for the day! Guess I'll have to hope the last 2 tracks are still up tomorrow...
Where did you download the tracks?

adam3000 is offline   Reply With Quote