Chris Evans to hear new album at Mercury Records tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windylad72

The Fly
Chris Evans (Radio 2 DJ here in the UK) mentioned that he's been invited to the Mercury Records offices in London tomorrow at 1pm to hear the new U2 album.

He mentioned that the albums not quite finished (probably means that it hasn't been finally mixed or mastered) and he's not allowed to mention anything about the album once he's heard it.

Anyway he will talk about the album on his drivetime show 5-7pm on Radio2 in the UK and he mentioned that he might put something on his Radio2 blog.

He's a massive U2 fan and played the single 3 times this afternoon.

By the way, the Single rocks!! Awesome stuff guys!!

NB - For those who dont know Chris Evans, he used to host TGI Friday when Bono and Edge played TGBHF on his St Patricks Day show a few years ago.

He mentioned that the albums not quite finished (probably means that it hasn't been finally mixed or mastered) and he's not allowed to mention anything about the album once he's heard it.

Anyway he will talk about the album on his drivetime show 5-7pm on Radio2 in the UK and he mentioned that he might put something on his Radio2 blog.

Yet, last week Neil McCormick said he's heard the album in it's final and completed form. If Evans isn't allowed to mention anything once he's heard it, what's he going to tells us on his show then? lol.

Would be funny if the Mercury guys got wind that he might be about to shout his mouth off and refused to let him in though :D

He might just say he likes it or not, he's probs not allowed to discuss sounds or songs.

I thought this too. Anyone else recall that excellent TFI Friday St Patricks Day show with Bono & Edge doing TGBHF? Superb :up:

I remember seeing that. I think it was after I registered at this forum because I was out of the U2 news loop back then and someone posted a link to the website that hosted the video.. long before youtube.

How the hell is the album still not finished?????

what else do they have to do? find the right mix for the cow bell in Breathe?

c'mon guys....get on your boots and lets go!!!!

anyone remember that popmart mini-documentary he did? back in the good old days :wink:

Yeah that was cool. Got it on video somewhere. Chris Evans asks Adam "U2's new album (pop) sounds like", Adam replies "Garbage" heheheh. Bono wasn't pleased I think he says something like "Hey man this is the ONE record you were really happening on". It was all in good humour. They made out the whole interview was in the Lemon.

Shame about Chris not being allowed to mention his thoughts in detail about the album once he's heard it....would have really loved to hear his opinion on it.

Chris was great back in the day, really innovative TV at the time - TFI was a classic - the U2 episode was amazing - I remember Chris Evans being at PopMart - there was a bit when they were allowed in and they mucked about with the giant screen - I seem to remember some kind of toy being filmed on a spring???

Talking of radio guys though... does anyone know if/when Alan Cross is broadcasting his interview with Danny Lanois?

102.1 the Edge

I think his show comes on at 7pm ET (-5 GMT), at least thats when he was on yesterday. Should be streamed from that website. He did mention that he wanted to get Lanois on soon, so if he already interviewed Lanois, he will air it today.

Bono sounds much more normal, and cooler than now :up:

maybe because he was in his natural habitat then?

The show was also filmed in a bar so had quite a relaxed feel about it - most of the guests just seemed to be more normal on it.

I think this mad grandiose persona of his comes out on stage or in front of large live audiences on TV

Yep he was definetly pretty cool back then. Still makes me laugh at his reaction when Adam says pop sounds like garbage.

can't believe I've never seen this. Bono sounds so different - both his voice and his accent.
so laid back, all of them!

as he says it:

Listened to the U2 album today (he says it's not finished - can't understand why?)
was ushered in
board room universal music with 2 others
given banana and fruit tea
he's not allowed to say anything about the album
says it's brilliant
the best thing they've ever done
but whispered
big plans for U2
huge stuff
one includes Radio 2
for the new album
which is amazing
when it finished ..
he asked for them to play it again and they did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom