Chris Evans to hear new album at Mercury Records tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I think they have some sort of surprise on their sleeve. Wait with ordering a version till you now a bit more details.

i do agree. i did pre-order off of itunes, but i just think it's odd how secretive the band is about the album. even with the ITunes Pre-order only song, normally they release song titles for bonus tracks by now.

i don't know, maybe wishful thinking here. but it's just so weird how most things regarding this album seem to be guarded so tight.

Well Bram, the actor who plays in the Anton Corbijn movie for the dvd said that the album consisted of 14 tracks with a couple of them being instrumentals and that the album was the soundtrack for the movie. So maybe the instrumentals are woven between the songs. Pure speculation on my part of course but i have a feeling there could be a surprise.

i do agree. i did pre-order off of itunes, but i just think it's odd how secretive the band is about the album. even with the ITunes Pre-order only song, normally they release song titles for bonus tracks by now.

i don't know, maybe wishful thinking here. but it's just so weird how most things regarding this album seem to be guarded so tight.

So what are you thinking--maybe an extra EP or something?

Well Bram, the actor who plays in the Anton Corbij movie for the dvd said that the album consisted of 14 tracks with a couple of them being instrumentals and that the album was the soundtrack for the movie. So maybe the instrumentals are woven between the songs. Pure speculation on my part of course but i have a feeling there could be a surprise.

Ah, interesting thought. That would be very cool if they had instrumentals (maybe just as part of the existing 11 tracks). This would potentially explain the surprisingly long running times of tracks like Magnificent and Unknown Caller.

Yeah good call. I like that they've put the poppiest songs to the middle, leaving the opening and closing for more brooding numbers (or so I've gathered from all the descriptions).

Which is a fantastic idea, BTW. It prevents lulls.

57 minutes is disappointing. I was really expecting something more like 70...then again, I was also expecting 14 songs, and that didn't pan out. This album is shaping up to be less of a departure every day.

57 minutes is disappointing. I was really expecting something more like 70...then again, I was also expecting 14 songs, and that didn't pan out. This album is shaping up to be less of a departure every day.

There will be more material on the movie because there's like 14 tracks so there are more songs or instrumentals.

The total runtime if you skip 1 version of NLOTH is probably just a couple of minutes over 50 mins. Oh well the benefit is that we don't have to wait 4 years for another one. If the leftover songs are more experimental (what the Rollingstone magazine said) then there's a Zooropa waiting for us.

how many times have they released an album with an accompanying fictional film?

perspective, please.

If the 57 minutes is referring to the 11 core tracks, it's near-miraculous.

it is listed on the 'boots' single release

I don't think we can be certain that the NLOTH on the GOYB single is necessarily different than what we're getting on the album. I'd like to hope that it is, but I don't think we've gotten any word that it's the other version.

Have we and I missed it?

I don't think we can be certain that the NLOTH on the GOYB single is necessarily different than what we're getting on the album. I'd like to hope that it is, but I don't think we've gotten any word that it's the other version.

Have we and I missed it?

you are right...i could be assuming a lot, but I don't see U2 putting two album tracks on its first single. that is why I went for the alt. version to be on there.

you are right...i could be assuming a lot, but I don't see U2 putting two album tracks on its first single. that is why I went for the alt. version to be on there.

Gotcha. Yeah, however it comes, I hope that it sees the light of day without having to purchase the whole album on iTunes. :yes:

as he says it:

Listened to the U2 album today (he says it's not finished - can't understand why?)
was ushered in
board room universal music with 2 others
given banana and fruit tea
he's not allowed to say anything about the album
says it's brilliant
the best thing they've ever done
but whispered
big plans for U2
huge stuff
one includes Radio 2
for the new album
which is amazing
when it finished ..
he asked for them to play it again and they did.

I'm guessing when Chris says it's not finished...he means he listened to a rough copy of the album...maybe before the final mix and mastering sessions... since the release date's not so far away..it'd be pretty late in the game to be changing too many things around...it's has to be somewhat amusing when you're listening to an album and you know you're being monitored...it's like we trust you...but ...we really don't trust you:D

Running some numbers here... if these track times are correct, then the only two songs we don't have times for, Cedars and Stand Up Comedy, have to total over eleven minutes to hit the 57 minute mark.

Or it could be seven minutes of One Step Closer.

I'm not saying that OSC is a bad song - just keeping things in perspective. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom