Cedarwood Road - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strong riffs and words! It will rock their concerts!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

What SUC wanted to be, but this is a different class. Hope they play it live.

I like it, but I wish they would kept the heavier rock sound throughout the song. The intro is great, though. Some great potential as a live song, and I hope they play a grittier, harder version.

great song with a superb intro. i think after a few listens more I will like it more than SUC.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I like it, but I wish they would kept the heavier rock sound throughout the song. The intro is great, though. Some great potential as a live song, and I hope they play a grittier, harder version.

I disagree. I like that the chorus is haunting. Does the unexpected. Cock-rock fake out.

I disagree. I like that the chorus is haunting. Does the unexpected. Cock-rock fake out.

I like the song, but thought it would be better as a straight-out rocker, keeping the heavy Edge guitar and bass line for most of the song. I thought the transition to when Bono starts singing slows the pace down. The song, therefore, loses steam for a minute before gathering momentum once again.

With such an outstanding intro, I think the band should have kept the pace high and just melted people's faces with a heavy rock tune.

But hey, to each their own.

fkin hell this intro is staggering, sublime gorgeous heavy guitars, just right, spot on, perfect, not overdone, nice contrasts :up: :heart:

A fantastic song,but like most people here I whish it had stayed "heavy" the whole song.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

*LlKE* !!!!!!!11!!!!11111 :D

(not super fly guy's comment, the song i mean)

I know it's been said but great intro and sick rough guitar

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's easy for this song to get lost in the mix between two great songs but damn, I can't remember a U2 rocker this strong in quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hmm...verdict is out on this one. This is the song I'm most undecided about. I think I badly want to like it, but know there's just a little "something" missing.

Back
Top Bottom