Cedars Of Lebanon appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cedars :heart:

they kind of shit the bed on the last two albums (North American versions at least) with two of my least favourite songs by them this decade; Grace and Yahweh :barf:

I love the lyrics, I love the bass, I love the way he sings it and I love, love LOVE the way it suddenly ends :love:

i think of this guy when i listen to COL

tricky.jpg

good to see the bumping of this thread. it convinced me to go back and listen to Cedars a couple of times. yum.

that noise that comes in during Bono's line "i've got a head like a lit cigarette" is :drool:

I love the grittiness of this tune..really transports me into another frame of mind. you know...dark leather jacket, cold street corner, dangling cig, light rain.

Cedars of Lebanon is fantastic. The atmospherics are wonderful. It's got a great hazy, dreamlike quality to it. My second favorite song from the album behind Fez-Being Born.

For those of you who like Cedars of Lebanon.

From U2.com:

'Long, Drawn Out Confession'

27 November 2009
'I'm here and I'm lost and I don't really know where I'm going...' That's the sense you get with Cedars of Lebanon, the last track on No Line on the Horizon, one of the great, unsung tracks from No Line on the Horizon.

A 'lovely piece' says producer Brian Eno, which all started with 'a sample from a record I did with Harold Budd in 1980...'

U2.com > Sign In

YouTube - U2News - Brian Eno - A lovely piece

This is becoming my fave song on the album, along with FEZ and Magnificent. More in this direction please.

Listened to it again today, it's definitely climbing in my NLOTH rank after dropping a little. Larry please don't stop drumming this well. :up:

It's still growing on me too. It's a song I never grow tired of. I also love that (Arabic?) voice that comes in few times. It's one of those subtle things that really adds to the song.

:up: The best track on the album (next to WAS): beautiful, poetic lyrics, a sombre musical mood – an emotional landscape. One of the recently much too rare occasions, that show: U2 are still capable of writing songs with a meaning.

Still I am very sad for this tune not being played live – as on the contrary IYWTVD '97/'98 ...

:up: The best track on the album (next to WAS): beautiful, poetic lyrics, a sombre musical mood – an emotional landscape. One of the recently much too rare occasions, that show: U2 are still capable of writing songs with a meaning.

Still I am very sad for this tune not being played live – as on the contrary IYWTVD '97/'98 ...

I completely agree. The most pleasing element is the lyrical detail, which has been missing since Pop. It makes the song authentic.

Back
Top Bottom