CD in Fall 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AiRMaRcI9o0

Refugee
Just came across this over on U2Wanderer.org and didn't know if anyone else had seen this...

Apparently he was at an HMV store where he came across a CD case saying theres goin to be a new U2 CD this fall. I know they're supposed to be releasing the PopMart DVD but what could this CD be??

He also took a picture of the CD case and posted here:
http://flickr.com/photos/erutan/509745039/in/set-72157600245205523/

Any ideas?

I saw this as well...

I think HMV is fucking with us...

Speaking of HMV fucking with you, does anyone else find their stupid 2 for whatever deals incredibly frustrating?

I always only find one CD or DVD for $30 or $25 and I can never find another one that I want to go with it, makes me so mad! :angry:

One person over at U2Wanderer suggested it possibly being the U23D Soundtrack, but I found that highly unlikely. I was thinking that it might be some sort of audio soundtrack (like Hasta la Vista promo) to acompany the DVD release.

...or maybe even another single to hold us over for the real deal :hmm:

:hmm: Soundtrack to U2-3D?

Assuming HMV staff didn't mislabel the (Popmart) DVD as a CD...

Mercy as a single ? :wink:

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:
I saw this as well...

I work for HMV... we're not fucking with you, just being optimistic

the U2 album has been taken off our fall releases listing. listings are based on data provided by our suppliers, in this case, Universal Music.

AiRMaRcI9o0 said:
Just came across this over on U2Wanderer.org and didn't know if anyone else had seen this...

Apparently he was at an HMV store where he came across a CD case saying theres goin to be a new U2 CD this fall. I know they're supposed to be releasing the PopMart DVD but what could this CD be??

He also took a picture of the CD case and posted here:
http://flickr.com/photos/erutan/509745039/in/set-72157600245205523/

Any ideas?

Dorian Gray said:

the U2 album has been taken off our fall releases listing. listings are based on data provided by our suppliers, in this case, Universal Music.

:hmm:

Interesting....

Re: Re: CD in Fall 2007

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well it's better than the Bomb album cover...

Not very high praise, as only the cover of October (and the U.S. version of Boy) are worse.

Looks rather Peter Saville/New Order to me, no?

elevated_u2_fan said:

Last year, somewhere about this time, when Rolling Stone said about an another U2 Greatest Hits CD coming up in November 2006, nobody believed in that bit of news...

Zooropean103 said:

Last year, somewhere about this time, when Rolling Stone said about an another U2 Greatest Hits CD coming up in November 2006, nobody believed in that bit of news...

:yes:

Mirrorballman: I thought of the Spiderman thing too, but shouldn't that be credited to Bono and Edge alone, not the whole of U2 ?

U2girl said:

Mirrorballman: I thought of the Spiderman thing too, but shouldn't that be credited to Bono and Edge alone, not the whole of U2 ?
yes the credit it's only of Bono & Edge, but what I'm saying it's that maybe the hmv has written U2 in the releases list to take it easy

:)

Dorian Gray said:

Interesting :hmm:

I notice you avoided my second complaint about the 2 for sales... :wink:

Zooropean103 said:

So what you are saying is we're getting another 'Best Of" then? :wink:

elevated_u2_fan said:

So what you are saying is we're getting another 'Best Of" then? :wink:

No, that there is a possibility HMV is not saying bullshit and we can expect some kind of CD later this year, probably something to do with U2 3D.

Well U2 have released something every November since November 2000 so they are probably just assuming that they'll carry on with this tradition, it could be:

U219 (not likely)
DVD of Buenos Aires (also not likely because it would be too soon after it was released in cinemas)
Sountrack of Buenos Aires (that could happen)
Full Milan DVD (I think this acould also happen if they really want to release something in time for christmas and find this is their only option)
New Album (probably not going to happen as we would have heard about it by now)
An EP with between three and five tracks from the Fez Sessions (maybe)
Passengers Original Soundtracks 2 from the Fez sessions (probably would have heard about this by now)
A One-off single (this could also happen if they want to give people an idea of what direction they are taking for the next album, but I doubt it)

I dont think it would be the Spiderman Soundtrac because that's not a U2 project.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I notice you avoided my second complaint about the 2 for sales... :wink:

complain away my friend, I just work there... :wink:

incidentally, our release schedule has a separate listing for Popmart.
the November release was listed as a studio album, with the title TBA, it had nothing to do with U23D. My guess is the Spidey soundtrack, which would be merchandised with the u2 cds. either way, nothing is certain anymore, the release date is now simply To Be Determined.

last year, I remember hearing rumblings of a new U2 release as far back as May. This turned out to be U218. :mad:
goes to show you just how long these things are planned before any announcement is made.

Well, let's think this through.

If U23D is coming out this fall, I would expect a soundtrack. Even non-concert movies have soundtracks. BUT it sounds like the movie may be delayed until spring 08, so the soundtrack would be as well.

It will not be another best-of. There's been no new material since the last one!

With as many songs written as they have, there's no reason to release only an EP if they are releasing anything at all.

I guess I think that they'll either have a new album, or no CD at all this fall! We'll have to see!

Back
Top Bottom