CD in Fall 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could also have been a case of wishful thinking on the part of Universal Music. Maybe they wanted an album to release this fall and U2 said no.

I can't imagine any band of this size to release a live CD ever again as part of an ongoing career promotion. Maybe archived shows after a band has fizzled out.

It's all about the DVD.

Dorian Gray said:

I work for HMV... we're not fucking with you, just being optimistic

the U2 album has been taken off our fall releases listing. listings are based on data provided by our suppliers, in this case, Universal Music.

By "taken off," do you mean HMV 'took it off' as in 'wrote it down' from the fall releases listing, or that it's been 'taken off' as in 'removed' from the fall release listing?

ahittle said:
I can't imagine any band of this size to release a live CD ever again as part of an ongoing career promotion. Maybe archived shows after a band has fizzled out.

It's all about the DVD.

Very true. I remember the live web chat Edge had on the Elevation tour. One of the questions to him was if there would be a live album from the Elevation tour. His answer was that the Boston DVD is the live album.

I agree, I think the only live CD material they release going forward would be on B sides, U2.com fan CD's, and maybe some archived shows in a box set down the road. Although my main wish is that they would do Instant Live of their shows and then there would be soundboard CD's of every single show. Possible, but extremely unlikely as well.

There is no way there is a new U2 studio album coming out this year. If there is they are not touring for it next year and I find it very unlikely that they would not tour.

martha said:

Didn't they say they were going to do soemthing like that for Vertigo? :scratch:

Or am I making that up?

They mentioned that they "might" release some of their shows on I Tunes. Obviously never happened. I want actual CD's though like alot of other artists are doing. Peter Gabriel and The Who and several other bands actually had box sets of entire legs of their tours you could purchase or you could purchase a specific show. How cool would that be with U2? Would be a dream come true to me. Its simple to do also and if U2 felt it looked like a cash grab they could donate all profits to a charity. There is really no reason they couldnt or shouldnt do it. But most likely they wont. They are perfectionists and if they have an off night they dont want that out there (even though it would be bootlegged and out there anyway).

Blue Room said:

They mentioned that they "might" release some of their shows on I Tunes. Obviously never happened. I want actual CD's though like alot of other artists are doing. Peter Gabriel and The Who and several other bands actually had box sets of entire legs of their tours you could purchase or you could purchase a specific show. How cool would that be with U2? Would be a dream come true to me.

Exactly

Why can't they look over these friends here ....

http://www.amazon.com/Live-at-Gorge...7873754?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1186856033&sr=8-1

Not only they released tons of great sounding live cds , they even released that gem ....

Now imagine if only u2 would release something like this ?

Blue Room said:
I want actual CD's though like alot of other artists are doing. Peter Gabriel and The Who and several other bands actually had box sets of entire legs of their tours you could purchase or you could purchase a specific show. How cool would that be with U2? Would be a dream come true to me.

:drool:

They would make handfuls of money for whatever cause.

I wonder if the dodgy performances of a song or two at Brooklyn Bridge helped to scotch that idea. BB was supposed to be released to iTunes as well, but was only partially released.

Utoo said:

By "taken off," do you mean HMV 'took it off' as in 'wrote it down' from the fall releases listing, or that it's been 'taken off' as in 'removed' from the fall release listing?

sorry, I meant removed...
all year it was listed under the unconfirmed date listings. about three weeks ago, it was moved to a November release, but this was short lived. it's now returned to the unconfirmed section.

If U23D get's pushed back to 2008 then I will be :madwife: they said fall 2007, but writing this :drunk:

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it... I think some other stores would be mentioning this in addition to HMV. We'll see, but I am not holding my breath.

AiRMaRcI9o0 said:
Just came across this over on U2Wanderer.org and didn't know if anyone else had seen this...

Apparently he was at an HMV store where he came across a CD case saying theres goin to be a new U2 CD this fall. I know they're supposed to be releasing the PopMart DVD but what could this CD be??

He also took a picture of the CD case and posted here:
http://flickr.com/photos/erutan/509745039/in/set-72157600245205523/

Any ideas?

Another best of........maybe?:eyebrow:

Re: Re: CD in Fall 2007

rjhbonovox said:

Another best of........maybe?:eyebrow:

Nothing. Just because some record store tool printed something out and put it in the racks doesn't change the cruel, cruel reality.

I wouldn't mind another compilation.....if we're given some sort of bonus CD or DVD with the Deluxe Edition, it'd be worth it.

U219:

1. Out Of Control (Single Mix)
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. A Day Without Me
4. Gloria
5. Two Hearts Beat As One
6. Bad (Album Mix, later released as WAIA single)
7. In God's Country
8. Angel of Harlem
9. When Love Comes To Town (Single Mix)
10. All I Want Is You (Single Edit)
11. The Fly
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
13. Stay
14. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Single Version)
15. Discotheque
16. Staring At The Sun
17. Electrical Storm
18. City Of Blinding Lights
19. All Because Of You (Single Mix)

- Two early singles that haven't been released on CD.

- Following 17 are selections from all of their studio albums with the exception of ATYCLB which had all of its singles on that offering. Nearly all of these tracks come from the previous/future Best Ofs with the exception of "Gloria" (not included because the original master was in shreds), "A Day Without Me" and "Two Hearts Beat As One"

Last edited:
Guys, there's no way a new album is coming out this year -- Bono hasn't lost a laptop yet and Edge hasn't lost the album.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
when monkeys fly outta my arse will we see a album this year.. :banghead: No way in hell... HMV was certainly dreaming when they did this. :|

you guys should read the whole thread, hmv's source on this was universal music.

Universal Music sucks too. I HATE them! Idiots!!! Fools!!!

Seriously though, this is U2. This is a much older U2. Being optimistic about a release can only disappoint with these guys. Never be optimistic. Never expect the unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom